Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
SXX Comp and TC Version 2 >

SXX Comp and TC Version 2

SXX Comp and TC Version 2

Old 06-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

They'll be fast one weekend and then sell a ton of them. Let's all get over ourselves, the curiosity will drive us all to it.

Ben
Old 06-28-2010, 05:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by syndr0me
LRP should stick with RTR cars. The ESC market has passed them on by.
you must not run mod.

regarding the sensor plug:
maybe you connect the program cable to your sensor wire, then you don't unplug it from esc just motor, easy
Old 06-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I pretty sure, when you list to the words, he said it is updatable thru the sensor port, so maybe just maybe, you will be able to unplug the sensor wire from the motor WITHOUT HAVING TO REMOVE THE ESC and plug that into whatever little box will be needed. just a random thought that went thru my head.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
price it at $180 WITH the usb cable and software..and you'll see old LRP users come back.
+100

The brakes in our Tekin RS suck so so bad. In Mod, the brakes are almost criminal. Tekin would rather spend their development time on making blinking lights for non-timing/boost ESC than fix their software.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
I pretty sure, when you list to the words, he said it is updatable thru the sensor port, so maybe just maybe, you will be able to unplug the sensor wire from the motor WITHOUT HAVING TO REMOVE THE ESC and plug that into whatever little box will be needed. just a random thought that went thru my head.
Exactly
Old 06-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

hopefully thats the case. thats my thoughts excatly
Old 06-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks Master....for squaring everyone away.
We all noticed it pretty quick...I would THINK lrp AND their drivers would've too, lol. So I think all is well
Old 06-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Best thing about this ESC was brought up between me a buddy that this will be just like any other LRP esc, set it and forget it. You can computer adjust little things, but more importantly update software. I'm sure you can adjust this ESC like any other SXX. SXX is a great esc, X-12's are great motors. If you take care of the bearings nothing happens to them. I treat my stuff pretty ruff, running my X-12 to 200* without issue. Keeps asking for more. Tekin is a spec ESC. LRP is the stuff that racers run in there race cars. Ask any true mod driver about the SXX.

Now the stock spec SXX deal sucks, but I've herd they are way fast. Better than Tekin, LOL. I love old Tekin stuff, but today's stuff does not work for mod.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

But don't you feel that you've just been kicked so hard on the chin? SXX is just out for less than 6 months old.

And now they come out and tell you, sucked in guys, we actually have something better coming out at the end of month.... Thanks you for helping us get rid of these V1 stock that no one will want in 2 months time.

I've got 3 unopened TC Spec SXX, which I know that it won't have any value or will win races because Tekin and Hobbywing all have dynamic timing while SXX doesn't.

This is the only reason why they come up with the Spec 2 because they know updatable firmware is the future....

Should have listened to the club members and buy Tekin.... Am really with LRP ATM. I wrote to the to complain and all they say is too bad.... sucker.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

On a completely off topic and upbeat note, I dig the new charger as long as it will charge at at least 10amps I'm sold even though its a giant, its a pretty giant
Old 07-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yobouno
But don't you feel that you've just been kicked so hard on the chin? SXX is just out for less than 6 months old.

And now they come out and tell you, sucked in guys, we actually have something better coming out at the end of month.... Thanks you for helping us get rid of these V1 stock that no one will want in 2 months time.

I've got 3 unopened TC Spec SXX, which I know that it won't have any value or will win races because Tekin and Hobbywing all have dynamic timing while SXX doesn't.

This is the only reason why they come up with the Spec 2 because they know updatable firmware is the future....

Should have listened to the club members and buy Tekin.... Am really with LRP ATM. I wrote to the to complain and all they say is too bad.... sucker.
LRP is a better ESC in its self. You cant update the firmware, but the physical capabilities of the SXX is far better than the Tekin.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Especially if you run mod you don't need to worry about all the turbo bs. Or setting it up, set it and forget it. Need more power strap a lower wind motor in
Old 07-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
LRP is a better ESC in its self. You cant update the firmware, but the physical capabilities of the SXX is far better than the Tekin.
That's actually why I go for the SXX.... I know from experience, LRP is far more superior and better quality... but just feeling a bit gutted cause they rushed out a new version within 6 months of releasing the SXX V1.... it's just because everyone else has the dynamic timing stuff that is lacking in the SXX... anyway, I was just being a sour puss ATM, because LRP told me to suck it up.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Especially if you run mod you don't need to worry about all the turbo bs. Or setting it up, set it and forget it. Need more power strap a lower wind motor in
My problem is I'm running stock.... so dynamic timing do run a big part in straight line speed.... and at club level, our track has a sweeping corner followed by a long straight... without the dynamic timing, I'm going to lose out on the straight, just have to rely on the corners and underbreaking..... pretty much like Mclaren vs RedBull ATM...
Old 07-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Get some guys together and start up a mod class. Since 13.5 isn't a roar class anymore it's 17.5 or mod. For all anyone cares they can run there 13.5 with timing advance while others run a 5.0, 4.5 or what ever and you have a mod class, don't need to have the latest software and push everything to it's limits to be fast like in stock. But it all depends who's willing to start the change and get people running it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.