Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SXX Comp and TC Version 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi guys, any word on if LRP are going to release a replacement for the SXX TC Spec v2?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nerdling
Hi guys, any word on if LRP are going to release a replacement for the SXX TC Spec v2?
There is an upgrade board to be released shortly, I assume they'll offer a fully updated speedo when it's released too

http://www.redrc.net/2012/02/toy-fair-2012-lrp-sanwa/

Old 02-06-2012, 03:58 AM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
There is an upgrade board to be released shortly, I assume they'll offer a fully updated speedo when it's released too

http://www.redrc.net/2012/02/toy-fair-2012-lrp-sanwa/

Oh awesome and not so awesome considering I have bought nearly 4 Nosrams in the last 2 months.

But look in the left hand corner the signage says 2 in 1 mod and stock. This is a HUGEEEEE welcome in my opinion.

Looking forward to them.

Anyone want an Nosram ISTC Ver 2 lol
Old 02-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NR
Anyone want an Nosram ISTC Ver 2 lol
Maybe
Old 02-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,
Has anyone tried the V3.0 firmware yet..and is it smoother than the V1.5?..
Old 02-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have been waiting for a speed control sxx comp v2 that I sent in for repair at the beginning of January .
Called the people that represent lpr in north america and they advised they are waiting for the order to come in . I am trying to be patient but next week it will be a month and a half .
Oh what a beautiful indoor season its been .

Pls LRP I hope you send my speed control soon .
Old 02-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fasteddie d
I have been waiting for a speed control sxx comp v2 that I sent in for repair at the beginning of January .
Called the people that represent lpr in north america and they advised they are waiting for the order to come in . I am trying to be patient but next week it will be a month and a half .
Oh what a beautiful indoor season its been .

Pls LRP I hope you send my speed control soon .
I sent a brand-new SXX comp v2 to Associated/LRP service on December 16 of last year. I'm still waiting. I purchased the LRP because they had a "service" center in the US, but they don't actually repair ESCs, they just replace them. If there's no stock, then there's no "service" available. They're made in Germany, but it might as well be China. Associated should change the name from "service" to "exchange" so they don't give the wrong impression to people.

I hope that you at least got some use out of yours before it failed. Mine was an out-of-box failure. I spent $200 on this thing, and I've never even used it.

There are other companies that actually DO service their products in a timely fashion. Next time, my money goes to them.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

So whats the general opinion of the new V3 firmware....???
Old 02-15-2012, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

I've seen a few v2's running with modified cap's. rather then a singe lare cap (std) the owners have changed this for three smaller caps?

I guess while the caps are smaller the three would yeild greater capacity while they are smaller so they should discharge faster... what effect will this have on the ESC?
Old 02-15-2012, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nerdling
I've seen a few v2's running with modified cap's. rather then a singe lare cap (std) the owners have changed this for three smaller caps?

I guess while the caps are smaller the three would yeild greater capacity while they are smaller so they should discharge faster... what effect will this have on the ESC?
In theory more power - in reality a cool option part.

- Emil
Old 02-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks in advance for any help. I have just installed a sxx stock spec in a Losi 22t with a 13.5 x-12. I calibrated it, broke in the diff and tried to set the slipper. When I give it full throttle it cogs severely. It operates perfectly fine if you give it throttle slowly or when the wheels are in the air. It is geared at 8.0:1 using a 3800 2s lipo. This is my third sxx ss esc and the second time this has happened. The first time was in my buggy, but it seems to work fine when I'm on the track. I've tried different sensor cables but no luck. Everything is brand new. For what they cost I can't beleave they would come bad from the factory. What am i doing wrong?
Old 02-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 1badgoat
Thanks in advance for any help. I have just installed a sxx stock spec in a Losi 22t with a 13.5 x-12. I calibrated it, broke in the diff and tried to set the slipper. When I give it full throttle it cogs severely. It operates perfectly fine if you give it throttle slowly or when the wheels are in the air. It is geared at 8.0:1 using a 3800 2s lipo. This is my third sxx ss esc and the second time this has happened. The first time was in my buggy, but it seems to work fine when I'm on the track. I've tried different sensor cables but no luck. Everything is brand new. For what they cost I can't beleave they would come bad from the factory. What am i doing wrong?
What servo are you running ?
Check out this post from Matt Murphy about some electronics not playing well together

http://www.rctech.net/forum/team-com...ml#post8660315
Old 02-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
What servo are you running ?
Check out this post from Matt Murphy about some electronics not playing well together

http://www.rctech.net/forum/team-com...ml#post8660315
Just tried un pluging the servo and it still cogs.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Just tried un pluging the servo and it still cogs.
Only other advice I can offer is make sure you have the 4dot insert in, but that is the way they come, so it should be there.

You may also try to clean the preci sensor with motor spray, I have repaired other brands by cleaning the sensor board.

Good luck, bummer about the cogging.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Check all your connections.

disconnect everything from the Rx except the ESC and test

try a different motor and sensor lead.

this should not be necessary but do a 'hard reset', its in the instructions.

Check and apply currnet/uptodate firmware

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.