R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #241
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Tekin vs LRP SXX Version 2 17.5 blinky

Has anyone tested an LRP SXX Version 2 against a Tekin RS in 17.5 blinky?

If so what results did you find? I have both ESC's and was thinking about changing from the Tekin to the SXX to test but wanted to see what others have done.

Thanks,
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #242
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
Has anyone tested an LRP SXX Version 2 against a Tekin RS in 17.5 blinky?

If so what results did you find? I have both ESC's and was thinking about changing from the Tekin to the SXX to test but wanted to see what others have done.

Thanks,
I have ran both. I stayed with the lrp. It felt smoother. I like both but the sxx fit me better. I keep my rs in my box for those boosted race days.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #243
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Settings

What settings are you using?

Also how do update the software? Does it require a special adapter or something?
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #244
Tech Master

Quote:

Also how do update the software? Does it require a special adapter or something?
To do updates you need a lrp bridge. I am running the 4.0 update. 1003 settings.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #245
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:

For blinky sedan with a TC spec, I like 0-10-0-10. The drag brake on the TC spec does not feel as strong as the Stock Spec (7 on the stock spec felt about the same). This is probably due to mod motors having more brakes than stock motors so LRP set the paramaters for the expected uses accordingly.

Another comment, I didnt notice any feel difference between my TC spec on 10, and my Stock Spec on 0 (blinky feel) in Blinky sedan, so I dont feel one is any better than the other. Whatever one is best, depends on what you plan to do. If you race blinky, and a spec boosted class, the Stock Spec is better. If you run mod, and need to run stock now and then, the TC spec is better.

yumlailai, I would run the Stock Spec for anything 12th if you need to run any boost at all (12th needs the stronger boost profiles, even on low turn motors)

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #246
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumlailai View Post
How about if I use the Comp 2 in blinky touring 17.5?
Should work ok
and use the Stock Spec V2 for 1/12 17.5 boost, will this be better?
This is a good setup
How about Comp 2 with a 10.5 boost 1/12 class?
Depending on your track size, a 10.5 even with no boost is quick for a 12th scale, with the compv2 it might be enough for what you want.
thank you

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #247
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Maxey View Post
I have ran both. I stayed with the lrp. It felt smoother. I like both but the sxx fit me better. I keep my rs in my box for those boosted race days.
+1
204 Raceway Winnipeg 1/10-1/8 Offroad. Owner.
mtbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #248
Tech Master

Does anyone from Lrp know if the 3.0 AND 4.0 updates have been approved by Roar or do I need to reinstall 1.5 on my tc v2?

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #249
Tech Adept

is there any difference between SXX V2 and TC spec V2, I saw they share the same update firmware

thank you
yumlailai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:17 AM   #250
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default help!!!

i have the sxx V2 comp, and it keeps stopping on me.. i run it a few times and it shuts off but blinks with yellow and red flashing lights,. the motor is new and esc has like an hour on it.. i run 2s lipo and cutoff on esc is set for that,i have regular program not the new version.. i ran this a few times in my tt and it was perfect,i put it in my 4x4 sc and i have this problem.. when it shuts off i can turn it off then back on and it works temporarily till this happens again. i hope its a setting because i have a race today,it has to be something silly because its all new. it also does this this with multiple lipos,but it might run longer with some than others
Old 12-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #251
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by king revo View Post
i have the sxx V2 comp, and it keeps stopping on me.. i run it a few times and it shuts off but blinks with yellow and red flashing lights,. the motor is new and esc has like an hour on it.. i run 2s lipo and cutoff on esc is set for that,i have regular program not the new version.. i ran this a few times in my tt and it was perfect,i put it in my 4x4 sc and i have this problem.. when it shuts off i can turn it off then back on and it works temporarily till this happens again. i hope its a setting because i have a race today,it has to be something silly because its all new. it also does this this with multiple lipos,but it might run longer with some than others
The SXX Comp is for 2wd not 4wd.
You could be having thermal issues ?

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #252
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Check your drivetrain. I had this problem with my xray T3 and it turned out to be a driveshaft bearing that was about to go. It would put enough stress on the motor to shut down when pushing hard with low wind motors (4.0T) but it would work fine with higher wind motors (13.5T). I replaced that bearing and everything was ok after that.
taz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #253
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
I had the exact same issue with my sxx V2 stock spec but I don't know exactly what fixed it of these three things but it stopped having any issues. I suspect it was the sensor wire or the lipo cutoff needed to be disabled.

I would try this, in this order :

1. replace the sensor wire.
2. Turn off the lipo cut off ( just don't forget you've done this and kill your battery ! )
3. install the latest ESC firmware.

hope that helps

Jake
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:12 AM   #254
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
I had the exact same issue with my sxx V2 stock spec but I don't know exactly what fixed it of these three things but it stopped having any issues. I suspect it was the sensor wire or the lipo cutoff needed to be disabled.

I would try this, in this order :

1. replace the sensor wire.
2. Turn off the lipo cut off ( just don't forget you've done this and kill your battery ! )
3. install the latest ESC firmware.

hope that helps

Jake
I had this problem a couple of weekends ago. I did not think to check the sensor wire, visual inspection indicated it was OK.

I tried to turn off the lipo safty, this did not seem to do anything!

Performed a 'hard reset' and installed v4 firmware.

No Joy.

Motor was running at 75*C. ESC external temp was around 45*C. ESC internal check was 1 flash for ESC and 1 flash for the motor.

Drive train was free from problems.

I have another v2 that I will be running this weekend, same motor and sensor lead will have to see what happens.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:35 AM   #255
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdling View Post
ESC internal check was 1 flash for ESC and 1 flash for the motor.
Id say those reading are false and the speedy isnt actually reading anything (maybe due to not using a LRP motor or LRP sensor Cable). My friend who uses a TP motor dosent get a reading also, where as my car i get a reading every time (usally flashes 4-8)

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote