Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
SXX Comp and TC Version 2 >

SXX Comp and TC Version 2

SXX Comp and TC Version 2

Old 04-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cristian Silva
Ive had 2 Nosram TC V2 esc die on me recently, complete shut down after a meet or two, no power or lights...nothing
Ive been running the Nosram 4.5 Octawind on low to moderate esc settings...
Has this happened to anyone and what do you guys think could it be?
Does LRP/Nosram have anything to add or explain?
Hi Christian,

Sounds like you have a original version V2 esc (firmware 1.3) and there were some issues when LRP first released them (I had mine replaced - it happened to me last year in July). Since it was replaced and updated (firmware 1.5) it has been working perfectly.

But if no lights are on when powered up, and rx is not receiving any power either, its a return to Nosram for repair/replacement. You'll have to find out from Ari what the procedure is in Oz.

Sorry I don't have better news or more info......I asked what was wrong with them and never got an answer (just a working replacement).

All the best mate,

Leonard.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by piper48
I'm on the verge of sending mine back also. My SXX Comp V2 cogs past 123% throttle EPA and I've got serious glitching issues. I've swapped out different motors, receivers and servos but still having some sort of radio interference. I run 75mhz airtronics receivers, three of them, in different cars and they all work fine but for some reason the SXX V2 doesn't like being paired up with old school technology I guess. I paired it up with my daughters Spektrum radio and the thing works fine except there is a slight humming noise coming from the servo in neutral position.

The instructions say to set the end points of the throttle on your transmitter to 100% before you do the speedo setup. I run Airtronics also and have not had a single problem with their 2.4 gHz or 75 mHz. Good luck.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Hi Christian,

Sounds like you have a original version V2 esc (firmware 1.3) and there were some issues when LRP first released them (I had mine replaced - it happened to me last year in July). Since it was replaced and updated (firmware 1.5) it has been working perfectly.

But if no lights are on when powered up, and rx is not receiving any power either, its a return to Nosram for repair/replacement. You'll have to find out from Ari what the procedure is in Oz.

Sorry I don't have better news or more info......I asked what was wrong with them and never got an answer (just a working replacement).

All the best mate,

Leonard.
Yeh Im in contact with Ari though doesn't know of the 2nd one shutting down. I checked the firmware on the 2nd speedy I got with another LRP user and it had the 1.5 on there out of the box (I assume the first one had the same). Just curious to know if anyone else is having the same issue.
I know some other guys are having no power issues though Light flashing etc.. I had a similar issue last night, turned it off, changes the battery, turned it on and all was fine, even when connecting the previous battery, then come final time halfway down the straight the car shut down, no power/steering and into a wall
Old 04-23-2011, 12:46 AM
piper48

Originally Posted by davidl
The instructions say to set the end points of the throttle on your transmitter to 100% before you do the speedo setup. I run Airtronics also and have not had a single problem with their 2.4 gHz or 75 mHz. Good luck.
I know it does and I did set it up at 100% All the ESC's I've had were set at at 100% but none of them ever cogged at max throttle EPA. I think it's fine if I run it at 100% but the glitching is pissing me off. I upgraded my old M11 and 75mhz receivers to the Futaba 2.4ghz system but haven't made the swap yet. If this s%$@ doesn't work than for sure it's junk.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Had one do the same thing Cristian, its still sitting on the desk, i was running the same motor combo, dont know what the answer is.

Rhys

Ive had 2 Nosram TC V2 esc die on me recently, complete shut down after a meet or two, no power or lights...nothing
Ive been running the Nosram 4.5 Octawind on low to moderate esc settings...
Has this happened to anyone and what do you guys think could it be?
Does LRP/Nosram have anything to add or explain?
Old 04-23-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Yeh Im in contact with Ari though doesn't know of the 2nd one shutting down. I checked the firmware on the 2nd speedy I got with another LRP user and it had the 1.5 on there out of the box (I assume the first one had the same). Just curious to know if anyone else is having the same issue.
I know some other guys are having no power issues though Light flashing etc.. I had a similar issue last night, turned it off, changes the battery, turned it on and all was fine, even when connecting the previous battery, then come final time halfway down the straight the car shut down, no power/steering and into a wall

It's your receiver. I had the same thing happen to me. The shutting off was not so common early on, but began to happen more frequently and then just happened all the time. The car seemed fine when it was near me, but once it get out of a certain range the car would totally shut off with no steering\throttle. I swapped receivers and it's all good now. The receiver is the 92744 for the M11x 2.4g and seems to have gone bad. Need to send it in for repair.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Apex
It's your receiver. I had the same thing happen to me. The shutting off was not so common early on, but began to happen more frequently and then just happened all the time. The car seemed fine when it was near me, but once it get out of a certain range the car would totally shut off with no steering\throttle. I swapped receivers and it's all good now. The receiver is the 92744 for the M11x 2.4g and seems to have gone bad. Need to send it in for repair.
I thought that at first, though with the 1st Nosram that shut down I replaced the speedy with a venom one and it worked perfectly. Placed the 2nd New Nosram in,completed a race meet with no problems then at the next meet it shut down just before the final. was working great till then.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
does anyone know when firmware 1.6 will be available to public?
I believe it is up on the downloads page now. Does anyone know what issues this addresses?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone use the SXX Competition TC Spec in racing 12th scale?
Does it work with a 1S Lipo?

Kevikevtmc
Old 04-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevikevtmc
Anyone use the SXX Competition TC Spec in racing 12th scale?
Does it work with a 1S Lipo?

Kevikevtmc
Kevikevtmc,

It does work with 1S applications, I am currently using the same ESC for my 1/12 Mod 4.0T with 12.0mm Rotor.

Kind Regards!!!

Alex
Old 04-26-2011, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Can anyone please help with a good zero timing setup for the SXX TC V1 and the LRP 17.5 X12? Im running an XRAY T2009.

Cheers
Adrian
Old 04-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default 1.5 Firmware

How do you know if the 1.5 firmware is in there or not without the link, I just got a SXX TC V2 new in box, would like to know before I use it, is the 1.6 firmware I have read about out yet.

Regards
Gary
Old 04-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GSM Storm
How do you know if the 1.5 firmware is in there or not without the link, I just got a SXX TC V2 new in box, would like to know before I use it, is the 1.6 firmware I have read about out yet.

Regards
Gary
Gary,

Your purchase will be pre installed with 1.5, 1.6 is not released yet but once it is shall be found at http://www.lrp.cc/en/service/software-update/
Old 04-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Can I update V1?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vazzo
Can I update V1?

I don't believe so...

Some of the top drivers still favor the v1 in Mod... TITC showed that

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.