R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #211
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian Silva View Post
Ive had 2 Nosram TC V2 esc die on me recently, complete shut down after a meet or two, no power or lights...nothing
Ive been running the Nosram 4.5 Octawind on low to moderate esc settings...
Has this happened to anyone and what do you guys think could it be?
Does LRP/Nosram have anything to add or explain?
Hi Christian,

Sounds like you have a original version V2 esc (firmware 1.3) and there were some issues when LRP first released them (I had mine replaced - it happened to me last year in July). Since it was replaced and updated (firmware 1.5) it has been working perfectly.

But if no lights are on when powered up, and rx is not receiving any power either, its a return to Nosram for repair/replacement. You'll have to find out from Ari what the procedure is in Oz.

Sorry I don't have better news or more info......I asked what was wrong with them and never got an answer (just a working replacement).

All the best mate,

Leonard.
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #212
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper48 View Post
I'm on the verge of sending mine back also. My SXX Comp V2 cogs past 123% throttle EPA and I've got serious glitching issues. I've swapped out different motors, receivers and servos but still having some sort of radio interference. I run 75mhz airtronics receivers, three of them, in different cars and they all work fine but for some reason the SXX V2 doesn't like being paired up with old school technology I guess. I paired it up with my daughters Spektrum radio and the thing works fine except there is a slight humming noise coming from the servo in neutral position.

The instructions say to set the end points of the throttle on your transmitter to 100% before you do the speedo setup. I run Airtronics also and have not had a single problem with their 2.4 gHz or 75 mHz. Good luck.
davidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #213
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375 View Post
Hi Christian,

Sounds like you have a original version V2 esc (firmware 1.3) and there were some issues when LRP first released them (I had mine replaced - it happened to me last year in July). Since it was replaced and updated (firmware 1.5) it has been working perfectly.

But if no lights are on when powered up, and rx is not receiving any power either, its a return to Nosram for repair/replacement. You'll have to find out from Ari what the procedure is in Oz.

Sorry I don't have better news or more info......I asked what was wrong with them and never got an answer (just a working replacement).

All the best mate,

Leonard.
Yeh Im in contact with Ari though doesn't know of the 2nd one shutting down. I checked the firmware on the 2nd speedy I got with another LRP user and it had the 1.5 on there out of the box (I assume the first one had the same). Just curious to know if anyone else is having the same issue.
I know some other guys are having no power issues though Light flashing etc.. I had a similar issue last night, turned it off, changes the battery, turned it on and all was fine, even when connecting the previous battery, then come final time halfway down the straight the car shut down, no power/steering and into a wall
Old 04-23-2011, 12:46 AM   #214
piper48

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidl View Post
The instructions say to set the end points of the throttle on your transmitter to 100% before you do the speedo setup. I run Airtronics also and have not had a single problem with their 2.4 gHz or 75 mHz. Good luck.
I know it does and I did set it up at 100% All the ESC's I've had were set at at 100% but none of them ever cogged at max throttle EPA. I think it's fine if I run it at 100% but the glitching is pissing me off. I upgraded my old M11 and 75mhz receivers to the Futaba 2.4ghz system but haven't made the swap yet. If this s%[email protected] doesn't work than for sure it's junk.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:10 AM   #215
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Had one do the same thing Cristian, its still sitting on the desk, i was running the same motor combo, dont know what the answer is.

Rhys

Quote:
Ive had 2 Nosram TC V2 esc die on me recently, complete shut down after a meet or two, no power or lights...nothing
Ive been running the Nosram 4.5 Octawind on low to moderate esc settings...
Has this happened to anyone and what do you guys think could it be?
Does LRP/Nosram have anything to add or explain?
Old 04-23-2011, 06:09 AM   #216
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Yeh Im in contact with Ari though doesn't know of the 2nd one shutting down. I checked the firmware on the 2nd speedy I got with another LRP user and it had the 1.5 on there out of the box (I assume the first one had the same). Just curious to know if anyone else is having the same issue.
I know some other guys are having no power issues though Light flashing etc.. I had a similar issue last night, turned it off, changes the battery, turned it on and all was fine, even when connecting the previous battery, then come final time halfway down the straight the car shut down, no power/steering and into a wall

It's your receiver. I had the same thing happen to me. The shutting off was not so common early on, but began to happen more frequently and then just happened all the time. The car seemed fine when it was near me, but once it get out of a certain range the car would totally shut off with no steering\throttle. I swapped receivers and it's all good now. The receiver is the 92744 for the M11x 2.4g and seems to have gone bad. Need to send it in for repair.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #217
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
It's your receiver. I had the same thing happen to me. The shutting off was not so common early on, but began to happen more frequently and then just happened all the time. The car seemed fine when it was near me, but once it get out of a certain range the car would totally shut off with no steering\throttle. I swapped receivers and it's all good now. The receiver is the 92744 for the M11x 2.4g and seems to have gone bad. Need to send it in for repair.
I thought that at first, though with the 1st Nosram that shut down I replaced the speedy with a venom one and it worked perfectly. Placed the 2nd New Nosram in,completed a race meet with no problems then at the next meet it shut down just before the final. was working great till then.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #218
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson View Post
does anyone know when firmware 1.6 will be available to public?
I believe it is up on the downloads page now. Does anyone know what issues this addresses?
Dadaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:16 PM   #219
Tech Initiate

Anyone use the SXX Competition TC Spec in racing 12th scale?
Does it work with a 1S Lipo?

Kevikevtmc
kevikevtmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:37 PM   #220
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevikevtmc View Post
Anyone use the SXX Competition TC Spec in racing 12th scale?
Does it work with a 1S Lipo?

Kevikevtmc
Kevikevtmc,

It does work with 1S applications, I am currently using the same ESC for my 1/12 Mod 4.0T with 12.0mm Rotor.

Kind Regards!!!

Alex
Alex C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:25 AM   #221
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Can anyone please help with a good zero timing setup for the SXX TC V1 and the LRP 17.5 X12? Im running an XRAY T2009.

Cheers
Adrian
Old 04-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #222
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default 1.5 Firmware

How do you know if the 1.5 firmware is in there or not without the link, I just got a SXX TC V2 new in box, would like to know before I use it, is the 1.6 firmware I have read about out yet.

Regards
Gary
Fantom Racing, JConcepts, Ace Hobbies/Reedy,
WTF, Plaig Bearings.
GSM Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #223
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSM Storm View Post
How do you know if the 1.5 firmware is in there or not without the link, I just got a SXX TC V2 new in box, would like to know before I use it, is the 1.6 firmware I have read about out yet.

Regards
Gary
Gary,

Your purchase will be pre installed with 1.5, 1.6 is not released yet but once it is shall be found at http://www.lrp.cc/en/service/software-update/
Old 04-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #224
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Can I update V1?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #225
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazzo View Post
Can I update V1?

I don't believe so...