R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #211
Tech Master
 
DirtyDog3375's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Queenslander
Posts: 1,919
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian Silva View Post
Ive had 2 Nosram TC V2 esc die on me recently, complete shut down after a meet or two, no power or lights...nothing
Ive been running the Nosram 4.5 Octawind on low to moderate esc settings...
Has this happened to anyone and what do you guys think could it be?
Does LRP/Nosram have anything to add or explain?
Hi Christian,

Sounds like you have a original version V2 esc (firmware 1.3) and there were some issues when LRP first released them (I had mine replaced - it happened to me last year in July). Since it was replaced and updated (firmware 1.5) it has been working perfectly.

But if no lights are on when powered up, and rx is not receiving any power either, its a return to Nosram for repair/replacement. You'll have to find out from Ari what the procedure is in Oz.

Sorry I don't have better news or more info......I asked what was wrong with them and never got an answer (just a working replacement).

All the best mate,

Leonard.
__________________
:::Smokem Racing:::RCMaker.com.au:::Speedy RC.com.au:::
==========================================================
"It's more fun to drive slow cars fast, than fast cars slow"...
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #212
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,040
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper48 View Post
I'm on the verge of sending mine back also. My SXX Comp V2 cogs past 123% throttle EPA and I've got serious glitching issues. I've swapped out different motors, receivers and servos but still having some sort of radio interference. I run 75mhz airtronics receivers, three of them, in different cars and they all work fine but for some reason the SXX V2 doesn't like being paired up with old school technology I guess. I paired it up with my daughters Spektrum radio and the thing works fine except there is a slight humming noise coming from the servo in neutral position.


The instructions say to set the end points of the throttle on your transmitter to 100% before you do the speedo setup. I run Airtronics also and have not had a single problem with their 2.4 gHz or 75 mHz. Good luck.
davidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #213
Tech Fanatic
 
Cristian Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 950
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375 View Post
Hi Christian,

Sounds like you have a original version V2 esc (firmware 1.3) and there were some issues when LRP first released them (I had mine replaced - it happened to me last year in July). Since it was replaced and updated (firmware 1.5) it has been working perfectly.

But if no lights are on when powered up, and rx is not receiving any power either, its a return to Nosram for repair/replacement. You'll have to find out from Ari what the procedure is in Oz.

Sorry I don't have better news or more info......I asked what was wrong with them and never got an answer (just a working replacement).

All the best mate,

Leonard.
Yeh Im in contact with Ari though doesn't know of the 2nd one shutting down. I checked the firmware on the 2nd speedy I got with another LRP user and it had the 1.5 on there out of the box (I assume the first one had the same). Just curious to know if anyone else is having the same issue.
I know some other guys are having no power issues though Light flashing etc.. I had a similar issue last night, turned it off, changes the battery, turned it on and all was fine, even when connecting the previous battery, then come final time halfway down the straight the car shut down, no power/steering and into a wall
__________________
Team Xray Australia - HEI International ~ www.hobbyexpress.com.au - www.smaracing.org
Cristian Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:46 AM   #214
piper48
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidl View Post
The instructions say to set the end points of the throttle on your transmitter to 100% before you do the speedo setup. I run Airtronics also and have not had a single problem with their 2.4 gHz or 75 mHz. Good luck.
I know it does and I did set it up at 100% All the ESC's I've had were set at at 100% but none of them ever cogged at max throttle EPA. I think it's fine if I run it at 100% but the glitching is pissing me off. I upgraded my old M11 and 75mhz receivers to the Futaba 2.4ghz system but haven't made the swap yet. If this s%[email protected] doesn't work than for sure it's junk.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:10 AM   #215
Tech Master
 
crabboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,999
Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)
Default

Had one do the same thing Cristian, its still sitting on the desk, i was running the same motor combo, dont know what the answer is.

Rhys


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian Silva View Post
Ive had 2 Nosram TC V2 esc die on me recently, complete shut down after a meet or two, no power or lights...nothing
Ive been running the Nosram 4.5 Octawind on low to moderate esc settings...
Has this happened to anyone and what do you guys think could it be?
Does LRP/Nosram have anything to add or explain?
__________________
Rhys Marshall.
crabboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:09 AM   #216
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mclean, VA
Posts: 3,940
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian Silva View Post
Yeh Im in contact with Ari though doesn't know of the 2nd one shutting down. I checked the firmware on the 2nd speedy I got with another LRP user and it had the 1.5 on there out of the box (I assume the first one had the same). Just curious to know if anyone else is having the same issue.
I know some other guys are having no power issues though Light flashing etc.. I had a similar issue last night, turned it off, changes the battery, turned it on and all was fine, even when connecting the previous battery, then come final time halfway down the straight the car shut down, no power/steering and into a wall

It's your receiver. I had the same thing happen to me. The shutting off was not so common early on, but began to happen more frequently and then just happened all the time. The car seemed fine when it was near me, but once it get out of a certain range the car would totally shut off with no steering\throttle. I swapped receivers and it's all good now. The receiver is the 92744 for the M11x 2.4g and seems to have gone bad. Need to send it in for repair.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #217
Tech Fanatic
 
Cristian Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 950
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
It's your receiver. I had the same thing happen to me. The shutting off was not so common early on, but began to happen more frequently and then just happened all the time. The car seemed fine when it was near me, but once it get out of a certain range the car would totally shut off with no steering\throttle. I swapped receivers and it's all good now. The receiver is the 92744 for the M11x 2.4g and seems to have gone bad. Need to send it in for repair.
I thought that at first, though with the 1st Nosram that shut down I replaced the speedy with a venom one and it worked perfectly. Placed the 2nd New Nosram in,completed a race meet with no problems then at the next meet it shut down just before the final. was working great till then.
__________________
Team Xray Australia - HEI International ~ www.hobbyexpress.com.au - www.smaracing.org
Cristian Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #218
Tech Elite
 
Dadaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 2,077
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson View Post
does anyone know when firmware 1.6 will be available to public?
I believe it is up on the downloads page now. Does anyone know what issues this addresses?
__________________
Xray XB4 '16
Yokomo Dogfighter YZ-10 870c
Xray T4 '14
Dadaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:16 PM   #219
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 32
Default

Anyone use the SXX Competition TC Spec in racing 12th scale?
Does it work with a 1S Lipo?

Kevikevtmc
kevikevtmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:37 PM   #220
Tech Master
 
Alex C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: On a ship in the warm seas with no sail !!!
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevikevtmc View Post
Anyone use the SXX Competition TC Spec in racing 12th scale?
Does it work with a 1S Lipo?

Kevikevtmc
Kevikevtmc,

It does work with 1S applications, I am currently using the same ESC for my 1/12 Mod 4.0T with 12.0mm Rotor.

Kind Regards!!!

Alex
__________________
Alex Cortez
Thank You to all My Sponsors
Ko Propo USA / RC America - Xray - Hudy / Max Power Engines / VP PowerMaster Fuel / Team Espo - "Lay it down Prop"!!!!
Alex C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:25 AM   #221
Tech Elite
 
vazzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone please help with a good zero timing setup for the SXX TC V1 and the LRP 17.5 X12? Im running an XRAY T2009.

Cheers
Adrian
__________________
Gone riding, cya.........
vazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #222
Tech Elite
 
GSM Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,277
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default 1.5 Firmware

How do you know if the 1.5 firmware is in there or not without the link, I just got a SXX TC V2 new in box, would like to know before I use it, is the 1.6 firmware I have read about out yet.

Regards
Gary
__________________
Driver Gazza
Offroad - RC10 B64 (soon)
Vintage - Kyosho Tomahawk
Fantom Racing, JConcepts, Ace Hobbies/Reedy,
WTF, Plaig Bearings.
GSM Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #223
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,802
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSM Storm View Post
How do you know if the 1.5 firmware is in there or not without the link, I just got a SXX TC V2 new in box, would like to know before I use it, is the 1.6 firmware I have read about out yet.

Regards
Gary
Gary,

Your purchase will be pre installed with 1.5, 1.6 is not released yet but once it is shall be found at http://www.lrp.cc/en/service/software-update/
__________________
Team losi racing // v-dezign // black diamond
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #224
Tech Elite
 
vazzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default

Can I update V1?
__________________
Gone riding, cya.........
vazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #225
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,802
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazzo View Post
Can I update V1?

I don't believe so...

Some of the top drivers still favor the v1 in Mod... TITC showed that
__________________
Team losi racing // v-dezign // black diamond
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC10B4/T4 Forum DerekL Electric Off-Road 14339 12-13-2017 11:20 PM
SmacTrac...St.Louis Indoor Off Road smac Kansas/Missouri Racing 24520 04-01-2015 04:02 PM
Speed Passion GT 2.0 Pro or LRP SXX TC F-1 Electric On-Road 20 07-10-2009 05:08 PM
LRP Sphere TC, SPX, or 07 Comp for 2wd off road? CaptainHowdyt13 Electric Off-Road 13 04-05-2009 02:25 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:11 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net