new car

Old 06-28-2010, 01:41 PM
  #1  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default new car

Hey guys im new to this onroad stuff. Im looking at doing some indoor carpet racing, we have an oval and road course. I run hot bodies buggy and truggies and love them. I see hot bodies has some onroad kits. How are they and how they compare to the tc5, etc? Thank you for the help
rcdude236 is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 02:25 PM
  #2  
2xs
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 198
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I think you would be fine with a Cyclone TC. It is as good as any other brand out there. I just started running a Cyclone TC in our 17.5 touring class, and with the right tires and setup the car is a blast to drive.
2xs is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 02:34 PM
  #3  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 2xs View Post
I think you would be fine with a Cyclone TC. It is as good as any other brand out there. I just started running a Cyclone TC in our 17.5 touring class, and with the right tires and setup the car is a blast to drive.
How about the new one they made. I forget what its called. the tcx?
rcdude236 is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 03:45 PM
  #4  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

The cyclone and the new TC coming out from hotbodies can be as competative as any other TC on the market. If you like the brand and part support is working for you... go for it.
Cpt.America is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 09:43 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
The cyclone and the new TC coming out from hotbodies can be as competative as any other TC on the market. If you like the brand and part support is working for you... go for it.
is the new tc worth the extra moeny?
rcdude236 is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 09:53 PM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,699
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

in the cyclones, Yes. The TC comes with all the graphite and most of your decent touring cars are graphite, flat chassis, cars. I recommend Xray because thats all i ever run but the cyclone and the Tcx are both great cars and if you ever watch any of the snowbirds videos the you will see that Atsusi Hara (if i spelled it right) is very much competitive with the Xrays and associateds etc.
COLD AS ICE is offline  
Old 06-29-2010, 07:25 PM
  #7  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

thank you guys. This is just for club level racing. What do you think a good 17.5t motor and esc would be? Also for servos how many torque oz do you need.
rcdude236 is offline  
Old 06-29-2010, 07:55 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcdude236 View Post
thank you guys. This is just for club level racing. What do you think a good 17.5t motor and esc would be? Also for servos how many torque oz do you need.
Find out what your club's policy on timing advance is, as that might affect your motor and speed control choice.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 06-29-2010, 08:20 PM
  #9  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Find out what your club's policy on timing advance is, as that might affect your motor and speed control choice.

-Mike
They dont care. People run tekins and what not
rcdude236 is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.