Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ATTENTION SOCAL RACERS!!! Looks liek we will have another 2 to 3 heats of GT8 this weekend at Hobbytown Corona! THe most we had was 17 GT8's out there. Lets beat that this weekend! For more info on our 160x80 track, goto http://socal.rcracing.com or visit us at facebook at facebook.com/occircuit

WIll Jai dominate the GT8 class again??? Bring it!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
I think this is what you are asking about: OFN40578

http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Hop-Up...duct_info.html

My bad, I thought he was noticing that you were running two braces off of the center diff
Old 04-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Tech Initiate

You don't need the bullets unless you plan on switching your motor back and forth between rigs. Just solder the motor to the ESC directly and that will reduce the amount of resistance. I recommend you use Traxxas Plugs, they can handle the heavy loads this rigs produce. Just my .02.

Here's a photo of my rig:

from the look of your picture it seems your running front and rear disk breaks...is that true? Can you provide a better picture of that area and how do you feel it performs compared to just 1 brake system.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

With the dual brake configuration, you can adjust front and rear bias. This can help with corner setup. It's very useful with getting a car to rotate.

Single disk setup slows down the front and rear of the car at equal pressure. But I believe it gets overworked. I experienced severe brake fade in my Nitro DM1-S with the single disc setup and actually swapped over to Kyosho's brake pads and disc's.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think this is what you are asking about: OFN40578

http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Hop-Up...duct_info.html
Thanks man, I guess I missed those. I ordered these, but I made them work! haha

http://www.nitrohouse.com/p12384/CNC...duct_info.html

Old 04-13-2011, 06:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kcunamay
With the dual brake configuration, you can adjust front and rear bias. This can help with corner setup. It's very useful with getting a car to rotate.

Single disk setup slows down the front and rear of the car at equal pressure. But I believe it gets overworked. I experienced severe brake fade in my Nitro DM1-S with the single disc setup and actually swapped over to Kyosho's brake pads and disc's.
Yep, the stock brakes suck on the DM-1 S. Must upgrade: http://www.rccoh.com/rc.how-to/dm-1.brake.upgrade.html

Old 04-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Got a couple questions for the guys running Losi cars. I'm just putting one together from a L8ight Model kit.

Are you guys putting some kind of spacers in the shocks to make them shorter?

I've got the firm spring kit from RC4Less, and when I set the ride height at about 12mm, it doesn't seem the spring is long enough, or the shock is too long. It's ok sitting static, but if you pick the car up, the spring comes off the spring cup.

I have the droop set at about 6mm, with shocks and swaybars removed.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sb7979
Got a couple questions for the guys running Losi cars. I'm just putting one together from a L8ight Model kit.

I've got the firm spring kit from RC4Less, and when I set the ride height at about 12mm, it doesn't seem the spring is long enough, or the shock is too long. It's ok sitting static, but if you pick the car up, the spring comes off the spring cup.

hey, can you share link to what springs you bought? i am building igt2 and wanted to run something like the losi8 shocks with firm springs and have been looking around. i would appreciate the help.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
My bad, I thought he was noticing that you were running two braces off of the center diff
That was a picture of mine with the dual braces off the center diff. Our rigs look a lot alike.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by whipnet
That was a picture of mine with the dual braces off the center diff. Our rigs look a lot alike.
Hey Whip..the black braces off the center dif..did those come with the tekno kit or ordered separate?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sb7979

I'm using the C/F shock towers for the L8ight. I run losi Grey Springs in front mounted on the most outside TOP hole. The spring collars are turned 1 full turn from flush and I am using 45wt oil. I insert the shock shaft in brass tubing I cut to length to shorten the shock. I got the brass tube from my local hobby shop and the size fits perfectly around the shaft, but large enough so it won't allow it to go through the shock body. I forgot the measurements of the tube, but the front ride height when race ready is 9mm. I believe you could also use fuel tubing to do the same thing.

For the rear, I used the droop screws to lower the height of the car to 9.5mm. The shocks are filled with 45wt oil and are mounted 1 hole in from the outside of the tower on the 2nd row of holes from the top. The spring collars are turned 2 full turns from flush using white springs.

I still use the standard sway bars for the 8B 1.0 front and rear.

These settings work for me. I race on an outdoor prepped track with medium traction. Good luck!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ToxicRC
Hey Whip..the black braces off the center dif..did those come with the tekno kit or ordered separate?
Aha! I know I can answer this correctly! lol
The conversion kit comes with one brace. The chassis is drilled to fit two. We did this as a tuning aid. You can add/remove traction to the front or rear of the car by omitting or running the brace on that side. For example, on my DM-1 I have a lot of steering so to calm it down and add more rear traction I run a brace in the front and none in the rear.
On indoor tracks where foam tire are the hot ticket I run both braces because there is ample traction. On some parking lots that are lacking traction I will run no braces, this really allows the chassis to flex and create more mechanical grip to stick to the track.
If you want to order an additional brace I linked to the part on the previous page.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

The kit comes with 1. Order TKR40149 for another. The kit is ready for two with no modification.

Edit: Just saw Matthew's response. Great info!

Last edited by whipnet; 04-14-2011 at 04:21 AM. Reason: added comment
Old 04-14-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
Aha! I know I can answer this correctly! lol
The conversion kit comes with one brace. The chassis is drilled to fit two. We did this as a tuning aid. You can add/remove traction to the front or rear of the car by omitting or running the brace on that side. For example, on my DM-1 I have a lot of steering so to calm it down and add more rear traction I run a brace in the front and none in the rear.
On indoor tracks where foam tire are the hot ticket I run both braces because there is ample traction. On some parking lots that are lacking traction I will run no braces, this really allows the chassis to flex and create more mechanical grip to stick to the track.
If you want to order an additional brace I linked to the part on the previous page.
Awesome info Matt!

Thanks for the quick product number Whip. I am going to pick a 2nd one for these custom traction settings so I can adjust depending on where I am driving.

12 days left..then I can start my project. My wife said she got a ton of packages and boxes in the main this week lmao. I know I have a few more arriving. I will take a picture of all my packages as my first step to my project
Old 04-14-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Awesome info Matt!

Thanks for the quick product number Whip. I am going to pick a 2nd one for these custom traction settings so I can adjust depending on where I am driving.

12 days left..then I can start my project. My wife said she got a ton of packages and boxes in the main this week lmao. I know I have a few more arriving. I will take a picture of all my packages as my first step to my project
Can't wait to have another out at Mike's!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.