Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by *BBB*
Here is my GT2e and the Protoform body before i put it on.. Custom BSR's! lol
Someone needs to make wheel stickers like that for the dish wheels! They look pretty cool.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by *BBB*
For a speed run, do you guys see any advantage to the 2-speed versus the center diff? Ive gotten 91mph with the center diff but i think thats pretty much maxed out lol
What setup (motor, speedo and battery) and gear ratio were you running?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya! Lol naw, do you know which pinion gears will match up with the stock spurs? Might swap info
Old 07-08-2010, 10:32 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by williamw
Someone needs to make wheel stickers like that for the dish wheels! They look pretty cool.
I make one
Old 07-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Had a blast racing down here in So-Cal (east San Diego). Thanks to Steve, Victor, and Bryan for making the trip. We'll let you know when we do it again. Jayson, you missed out See you all soon!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:38 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

yeah it was fun Daniel wish I could have race you but had very bad luck today.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The pics of how the track event was setup was great. I definitely missed out with my bad luck. Thank you to everyone who take the time to host these kinds of events.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by js058515
The pics of how the track event was setup was great. I definitely missed out with my bad luck. Thank you to everyone who take the time to host these kinds of events.
Maybe next time for sure. Here's a vid of the main
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by rice_man
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Thats a great video, thanks for the post.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nice video! Talk about representing the Elektri-clutch Danny. What tires were you running because you were hooked up.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by js058515
Nice video! Talk about representing the Elektri-clutch Danny. What tires were you running because you were hooked up.
Thanks. The clutch IS really smooth and definitely helped to feed power back in around the sweeper. The 500K center diff and dual (f/r) brakes helped a lot too.

Most of us were running PMT's that day. GRP's seemed to be doing pretty well too. The DLM2 tires were a little slidy. Ipanema's weren't hooking up very well. Foams were like driving on ice. Traction was definitely an issue at that track since they didn't spray anything down. We were turning laps as fast as the 1/10th scale cars for a change.

Can't wait to race again.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ive found the the BSR foam tires had the most grip, what are the PMTs you are referring to??
Old 07-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rice_man
+ YouTube Video
Man that's a snug track... i can foresee my car in the wall at every turn LOL. Need to hone in my driving skills for sure.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by teknorc

Most of us were running PMT's that day. GRP's seemed to be doing pretty well too. The DLM2 tires were a little slidy. Ipanema's weren't hooking up very well. Foams were like driving on ice. Traction was definitely an issue at that track since they didn't spray anything down. We were turning laps as fast as the 1/10th scale cars for a change.

Can't wait to race again.
Regardless of rubber brand tire you use, you won’t get the best possible results from them using the incorrect shore/inserts for the track location & temps.

It hard to believe that using a radial slick tire made from pure & natural Brazilian rubber (not one made from recycled rubber/vinyl or plastic material blends), that has 5 different shore rating availability, 2 different foam insert densities to choose from and they couldn’t provide excellent traction on any track surface or on any type of GT car with our slicks.

Merely saying that a product didn’t work for you, is not a fair to GT racers or the manufacturer, it’s similar to someone stating that your products didn’t work and never gave you the opportunity to find out what they were doing wrong.

If you had or were, an Ipanema dealer in your area, that supported GT racing and our racing slicks, you would see that there’s a lot of reasons why real 1:1 race tire manufacturers insist on using only the best pure Brazilian rubber materials.

Rubber grows wild in Brazil, where does all that other “rubber” come from?

Our Radial GT slicks have won a ton of big GT races over the past 3+ years all across North America, there’s a lot of good reasons for that.

Last edited by Jspeed; 07-12-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Regardless of rubber brand tire you use, you won’t get the best possible results from them using the incorrect shore/inserts for the track location & temps.

It hard to believe that using a radial slick tire made from pure & natural Brazilian rubber (not one made from recycled rubber/vinyl or plastic material blends), that has 5 different shore rating availability, 2 different foam insert densities to choose from and they couldn’t provide excellent traction on any track surface or on any type of GT car with our slicks.

Merely saying that a product didn’t work for you, is not a fair to GT racers or the manufacturer, it’s similar to someone stating that your products didn’t work and never gave you the opportunity to find out what they were doing wrong.

If you had or were, an Ipanema dealer in your area, that supported GT racing and our racing slicks, you would see that there’s a lot of reasons why real 1:1 race tire manufacturers insist on using only the best pure Brazilian rubber materials.

Rubber grows wild in Brazil, where does all that other “rubber” come from?

Our Radial GT slicks have won a ton of big GT races over the past 3+ years all across North America, there’s a lot of good reasons for that.
That's a fair statement as we do not have an Ipanema dealer in Southern California. As such we do not have immediate access to using a radial slick tire made from pure & natural Brazilian rubber (not one made from recycled rubber/vinyl or plastic material blends), that has 5 different shore rating availability, 2 different foam insert densities to choose from

What is fair to say is that we are currently a group of club racers trying to raise interest in this class. We are doing our best to learn the ins and outs of these vehicles and what was posted was completely accurate. What should have been included though was more detail. Temperature, shore rating, inserts, track conditions etc...

So with that said perhaps you can offer some help to us 1/8 noobs.

With 20 different available combinations of shore rating and foam densities (not including different front/rear combinations), what would be your recommendation for our DM-1s running on unprepared asphalt (as seen in the video)? Temperatures that day were about 70-75 degrees and are pretty typical of our so cal weather conditions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.