Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by simplechamp
Thanks, I hope it drives as good as it looks, LOL!

Do I need to run sway bars in both front and rear?
Is this gonna be your basher/drag racer? If yes, I would say no.

If you're gonna race it on a track, I would suggest running it with and without them. Decide afterwards.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Just going to be running in parking lots and streets, no drag racing though. Wish I could race, if I ever move somewhere close to a track I definitely would.

I will leave them off for now then.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Today the body showed up. It's the discontinued Inferno GT BMW M3 body. The pre-drilled body mount holes lined up, I just need to do a few adjustments to get the body to sit perfectly.

Eventually I am going to get one of the Deltaplastik bodies from Bill and try my hand and painting, but when I saw this body I had to have it.
Attached Thumbnails GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-p1030253.jpg   GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-p1030256.jpg  
Old 02-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Alpha R2 bodies now in stock at IGT Hobbies!

http://www.igthobbies.com/product_p/alp18r2.htm

And we just got another shipment of the R1 bodies.

http://www.igthobbies.com/product_p/alp18r1.htm

AND, since this is the electric forum, we would like to announce that we are now an authorized RC-Monster dealer, and I will have the items on the site shortly!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Helllooo peeps! We had a long enough break from December...time to race again this Sunday at Hobbytown Corona! I know a few SD peeps are driving up and the Local Race team(Nitronic) will again come in full force so who else is coming?
Old 02-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
AND, since this is the electric forum, we would like to announce that we are now an authorized RC-Monster dealer, and I will have the items on the site shortly!
WOW, couldn't have any better news than that. My two favorite shops!

So will you mainly be carrying the motor mounts and battery trays for the Ofna and Kyosho vehicles? What about Slipperential parts?
Old 02-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

WOW, couldn't have any better news than that. My two favorite shops!

So will you mainly be carrying the motor mounts and battery trays for the Ofna and Kyosho vehicles? What about Slipperential parts?
Yep, Kyosho and OFNA parts as well as the 2-speed adapter, pinion gears, and the Slipperential kits and replacement parts.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Today I got a bunch of alloy M3 nylock nuts (red anodized) for my car. Strictly for appearance, not really concerned with the weight.

My question is, do you think these will be strong enough compared to the steel ones? I basically swapped out all of them except for the ones on the hingepins and chassis braces. All the M4 nuts are also still steel.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default www.igthobbies.com

Today I got a bunch of alloy M3 nylock nuts (red anodized) for my car. Strictly for appearance, not really concerned with the weight.

My question is, do you think these will be strong enough compared to the steel ones? I basically swapped out all of them except for the ones on the hingepins and chassis braces. All the M4 nuts are also still steel.
www.igthobbies.com
wow ....this place is like ten minutes from my house..........
my thought on the alloy nuts is alloy will heat up faster possibly expand faster than steel .......
Old 02-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Helllooo peeps! We had a long enough break from December...time to race again this Sunday at Hobbytown Corona! I know a few SD peeps are driving up and the Local Race team(Nitronic) will again come in full force so who else is coming?

Sunday is gonna be awesome! Team Nitronic will have 5 GT8's ready to race. Can't wait to run with everybody again. This class is so much fun.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cant wait to run my GTP2e this Saturday My wife (For Valentines Day) got me a little art for the new Ofna from SNR Graphite and I must say it is a perfect fit and looks awsome!!! Plan on getting the shock towers next. Thanks Steve for the ultra fast shipping and a quality product!!!

Old 02-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
I called out four others from San Diego to represent in GT8! That's right! That makes 5 of us if all goes well. We'll just have to organize and come up with a team name and get ready for battle!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC Passion
I called out four others from San Diego to represent in GT8! That's right! That makes 5 of us if all goes well. We'll just have to organize and come up with a team name and get ready for battle!

Outstanding bro! Your 5, plus our 5, plus OFNA guys, Tony P + ???? Should be a great day for sure.

I'm thinking 5 per heat might be a good idea as it can get pretty crazy out there.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by treborwd22

I am curious to know how you plug that deans into that traxxas plug.

Great looking rig though!
Old 02-15-2011, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by whipnet
I am curious to know how you plug that deans into that traxxas plug.

Great looking rig though!
It actually looks like one of those multi-style plugs that come with Venom lipo batts which includes deans style.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.