Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Damn Charlie, that's what I call support. I heard you were a good guy. It's good to know we have guys like you supporting our R/C Hobbie.
Thanx Fang! The way i see it, the more the merrier. Im one of those weired guys where i love to solder so i volunteer at the track to solder everyone's motors/batteries. Doing what i love and loving what i do.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
1.Charlie B
2.Steve N
3.Dave S
4.DJ S
5.Jai C
6.Dan K
7.Omar C
8.Mike G
9.Mark W
10.Anthony D
11.Torrance D
12.Eric C
13.Steve P
14.Steve D
15.Raman
16.Jerry

LOL...i will extend the planter next time...i DID leave like a 35' lane on the sweeper...if anything, anyone could have overshot the sweeper so they wouldn't hit that planter. The track layout will be much easier this time, i promise. easier but also CRAZY FUN!

At this point, we now have 16 peeps running the GT8 class. Im telling you...this class REALLY made me excited about racing again. The cars are just AWESOME!!!
Thanks Charlie,

I'm still bummed I did not make HB. Is that it for HB this year or will there be another one?
Old 11-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Raman
Thanks Charlie,

I'm still bummed I did not make HB. Is that it for HB this year or will there be another one?
We will have 2 Races in Dec. Dec. 5 Club race and Dec. 11 and 12, the 12th Annual Toys 4 Tots Race. You still have a chance to Destroy Steve SNR!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

1.Charlie B
2.Steve N
3.Dave S
4.DJ S
5.Jai C
6.Dan K
7.Omar C
8.Mike G
9.Mark W
10.Anthony D
11.Torrance D
12.Eric C
13.Steve P
14.Steve D
15.Raman
16.Jerry

LOL...i will extend the planter next time...i DID leave like a 35' lane on the sweeper...if anything, anyone could have overshot the sweeper so they wouldn't hit that planter. The track layout will be much easier this time, i promise. easier but also CRAZY FUN!

At this point, we now have 16 peeps running the GT8 class. Im telling you...this class REALLY made me excited about racing again. The cars are just AWESOME!!!
WOOHOO!!!!! Tony P will be there too. A, B and C main!!!! NICE! Can't wait till Sun!
Old 11-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ty, are you waiting on an ESC or Motor? I have a spare for both if you wanna use it. BRAND NEW!
I don't even know what to say. That is very, very generous, and that just shows that the RC community needs more people that are willing to help like this. Very cool, and I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate that.

With that being said, I would really rather not as I wouldn't want to be responsible for anything happening. I should have my stuff back this week and hopefully I will join the fun. If not, I will be all set for the winter season. I even bought a backup chassis, and will get some more electronics just in case this happens again.

Again, thanks Charlie.

A tip for anyone running electric 1/8 scale...........have backup electronics ready
Old 11-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

I hope I have some batteries by then. I sent my ThunderPower 2S lipos back as they were starting to puff a bit. Still waiting to see what they do for me.

No word yet from Hobby King on my 4S order, last I heard they were doing "an investigation" with the Post Office, humph. It's dang near hopeless on that front right now.

Anybody know of a good source of 4S lipos at least 30C, preferably 40C, at a decent price? Most places I looked for decent priced options are out of stock like usual. You can buy $200 batteries many places, no surprise there.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:25 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TYLORD
I don't even know what to say. That is very, very generous, and that just shows that the RC community needs more people that are willing to help like this. Very cool, and I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate that.

With that being said, I would really rather not as I wouldn't want to be responsible for anything happening. I should have my stuff back this week and hopefully I will join the fun. If not, I will be all set for the winter season. I even bought a backup chassis, and will get some more electronics just in case this happens again.

Again, thanks Charlie.

A tip for anyone running electric 1/8 scale...........have backup electronics ready
Tylord don't worry Charlie is sponsor by them he can get it replace. He has like 10 esc in his pit bag.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by danketchpel
I hope I have some batteries by then. I sent my ThunderPower 2S lipos back as they were starting to puff a bit. Still waiting to see what they do for me.

No word yet from Hobby King on my 4S order, last I heard they were doing "an investigation" with the Post Office, humph. It's dang near hopeless on that front right now.

Anybody know of a good source of 4S lipos at least 30C, preferably 40C, at a decent price? Most places I looked for decent priced options are out of stock like usual. You can buy $200 batteries many places, no surprise there.
Yeah I just got my refund back from Hobbyking one of the 4s battery I got from them was dead on arrival I sent it back and it took 2 months and 3 email to do it.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Tylord,

You gotta come man.. we'll raid charlies bag of ESC's together lol.. j.k.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We will see what happens guys, I really don't like using people's stuff. I will do my best.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snrscion
Yeah I just got my refund back from Hobbyking one of the 4s battery I got from them was dead on arrival I sent it back and it took 2 months and 3 email to do it.
I just don't know how you guys have the patience to deal with HobbyKing. I'd loose my mind if I had to wait that long. I'm glad it finally worked for you.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Raman
Tylord,

You gotta come man.. we'll raid charlies bag of ESC's together lol.. j.k.
LOL...i only have one other set guys...JEEEZ! ANyway, even if TY doesnt have his stuff, he can certainly run 1/10th scale..heck, ill bring the Demo cars from CAL to get him a car to run.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:39 AM

The weather dose not look good for this weekend guys.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Hmm..... looks like we'll need rain tires.

We'll have to wait a bit to see how it shapes up. CA weather is pretty hard to predict accurately more than 3 days out.

Sure wish we had an indoor track to race on......
Old 11-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
I just don't know how you guys have the patience to deal with HobbyKing. I'd loose my mind if I had to wait that long.
In the past it hasn't been so bad, but now......, I'm loosing my patience also.

All of my previous dealings with them went pretty smooth. Once they setup their California warehouse things went downhill quick.

It's too bad there isn't a better supply of the Turnegy, Zippy, Gens Ace, etc. Asian Lipos because the batteries work well on average and cost 1/3 the price of the big name batteries. I have come to the conclusion there is a HUGE markup going on with Lipo batteries.

I've got to make a decision pretty soon on what to power my car with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.