Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Damnit Man
So the main point to this class is to be durable tanks...You should say, you can't win if you hit stuff. Don't hit stuff and you are good, simple. Especially with a car you can see very well all the way around even the biggest tracks. Plus you can look good doing it by running a GT body instead of a wedge.
Donovan,

You've already made a few posts with your feelings about the Warrior and then you posted what is quoted above. I was just showing you that there are excellent and very accomplished GT racers using the product you're posting against.

You have a reply to your pm, hope it clears things up for you.

See ya at the races!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Ceasar, nice meeting you today. See you in Corona!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Nice quick day of racing. I have to work on my GT8 it need help everything is worn out.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Donovan,

You've already made a few posts with your feelings about the Warrior and then you posted what is quoted above. I was just showing you that there are excellent and very accomplished GT racers using the product you're posting against.

You have a reply to your pm, hope it clears things up for you.

See ya at the races!
Gotcha, wasn't trying to imply that all people who run this or that anyone who runs this are not talented. As I know this to not be the case. There are very talented people in every class. Sorry to anyone I may have offended. I guess I just got to carried away on the scale looks being secondary to durability statement you made. My bad. To me scale realism does have a big effect on the popularity of a class, but hey if it is working good with those, then it is working and that's it.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

+1

If your car is working good on the track, that pretty much sums it up on race day.
See ya at the races!
Old 09-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by baileysup
do people do this with gas too? seems like a great concept. so its basically a 1/8 touring car, right?
I think that is how it got started. Most are based on 1:8 buggy. Ofna and kyosho both make nitro versions. I'm sure there are others I'm not aware of.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
Nice quick day of racing. I have to work on my GT8 it need help everything is worn out.
God help us if you rebuild.. you already kick butt Steve! Thanks for sharing your generator with me today, very kind of you!
Old 09-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Need some help, changed the diff fluids on my rig to F30k M50k R20k and my rear end kept coming out on Sunday. Should I thicking the rear more?
Old 09-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CEASER
Need some help, changed the diff fluids on my rig to F30k M50k R20k and my rear end kept coming out on Sunday. Should I thicking the rear more?
I would lighten it by going to 10K in the rear

Also try 100K in the middle to help equalize the power delivery to the front and rear...

Old 09-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CEASER
The thicker the rear, the more loose on power. Go to the thinnest oil you can go in the rear. Also, more droop in front and less in the rear helps a lot as well.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks PRO and Charlie
Old 09-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I couldn't make it to HB yetsreday. WHo raced and how did things turn out?

Damnit Man - there are two schools of thought on the bodies being used here in SoCal. The Warrier is used by a few guys here and they seem to like them. There have been racres where good drivers using the Warrier won, and others where they were beaten by drivers running more scalelike bodies. The class is new and lots of guys would like mto run a scale GT type body with separate wing. The argument is thrown aside when the race starts and we are all just having too much fun. The power is addictive, the handling not as quick and precise as the smaller 4wd cars, but they really do take a beating - I've yet to drop out of a race due to parts breakage.

Hopefully the class will grow and more scale body choices will become available.

Check out my Kyosho Inferno GT for sale in the for sale forum.

Clay

Last edited by clayrace24; 09-06-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For those guys that run PMT's, what flavor do you prefer. Thinking about ordering some in for the shop.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Bill 10s and 20s seem to work the best. Are you going to see if you can get them unmounted as well?
Old 09-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clayrace24
I couldn't make it to HB yetsreday. WHo raced and how did things turn out?

Damnit Man - there are two schools of thought on the bodies being used here in SoCal. The Warrier is used by a few guys here and they seem to like them. There have been racres where good drivers using the Warrier won, and others where they were beaten by drivers running more scalelike bodies. The class is new and lots of guys would like mto run a scale GT type body with separate wing. The argument is thrown aside when the race starts and we are all just having too much fun. The power is addictive, the handling not as quick and precise as the smaller 4wd cars, but they really do take a beating - I've yet to drop out of a race due to parts breakage.

Hopefully the class will grow and more scale body choices will become available.

Check out my Kyosho Inferno GT for sale in the for sale forum.

Clay

My vote goes to scale. Listen to the King of GT8 2 months in a row with different body both are scale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.