Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Old 05-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
Is that a nexx8?
It's a Jammin X2, so it shares almost all the same parts. I just used Nexx8 lipo trays.

You can bolt Inferno GT shock towers right up to the Jammin/Nexx8 bulkheads. Then you can also use the Inferno GT body mounts and bumpers. That is what I did.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcunamay
Hey Raman,

I hope to see you in Corona on the 15th. Now that you've got your ludacris speed settings on your ESC figured out, we should have a blast! I'm hearing GT8E will have a large group of racers in attendance. Can't wait!

Steve N, be ready bro!!! We will be. LOL
I am ready I hope you are it no fun lapping you twice in the qual.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Hey you guys with the GTP2e that want to run the 360mm Kyosho bodies I just came out with CF chassis so can convert it. I will post some pictures later.

STEVE
Old 05-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcunamay
Hey Raman,

I hope to see you in Corona on the 15th. Now that you've got your ludacris speed settings on your ESC figured out, we should have a blast! I'm hearing GT8E will have a large group of racers in attendance. Can't wait!

Steve N, be ready bro!!! We will be. LOL
Corona... I'm still having nightmare about that light post at the end of the back straight lol.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Raman
Corona... I'm still having nightmare about that light post at the end of the back straight lol.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
Any email address?
[email protected]
Old 05-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Initiate

i am stuck..i finally finished my OFNA DM-1 brushless conversion and now I can not get my servo breaks to work. I am running the Spektrum DX3R Transmitter with the spectrum DSM2 micro receiver and the tekno RX8 ESC. Can anyone help me. This thing is crazy fast but I have no breaks right now.

I also had my low gear pinion pop off 2 times will testing but I think it is from having no breaks and the ESC wanting to use its built in breaks/reverse programming.

I have turned my reverse down to 0 on my transmitter so it will no go to reverse.

any help will be greatly appreciated...im trying to get this things 100% by tomorrow
Old 05-05-2011, 03:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
I am ready I hope you are it no fun lapping you twice in the qual.
lol. no fun getting lapped either. hahaha. The main was more fun though! We should be able to battle in both qualifiers as well as the main this time around. Looks like the SD crew will be coming out in force! Can't wait.

Forget shock springs, oil, diff weight, camber, caster, toe, droop, ride height, etc....

The single biggest change you can do for the GT8E cars is TIRES!!!!

Believe that.

2 seconds off the mark last time out. Quick change of tires and was instantly in the game.

How do you guys feel about running a spec tire? I believe that is the great equalizer. Driving/setup skills would play a huge role, vs whose car has the correct tires for the day and is able to lay down the power.

I'll post it in OC CIRCUIT's thread to ask the GT8E guys that we run with.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ToxicRC
i am stuck..i finally finished my OFNA DM-1 brushless conversion and now I can not get my servo breaks to work. I am running the Spektrum DX3R Transmitter with the spectrum DSM2 micro receiver and the tekno RX8 ESC. Can anyone help me. This thing is crazy fast but I have no breaks right now.

I also had my low gear pinion pop off 2 times will testing but I think it is from having no breaks and the ESC wanting to use its built in breaks/reverse programming.

I have turned my reverse down to 0 on my transmitter so it will no go to reverse.

any help will be greatly appreciated...im trying to get this things 100% by tomorrow
I was hoping you had a Fubtaba and I could tell you exactly how to do it. But you have to setup channel mixing between channel 3 and your throttle channel.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by whipnet
I was hoping you had a Fubtaba and I could tell you exactly how to do it. But you have to setup channel mixing between channel 3 and your throttle channel.

Thats what i was trying to do but its not working out right and the manual is not helping much. I will call spektrum support today and see what I can get done.

DId you ever have any issues with the pinions spinning off?
Old 05-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thats what i was trying to do but its not working out right and the manual is not helping much. I will call spektrum support today and see what I can get done.

DId you ever have any issues with the pinions spinning off?
I have not had any issues with the 2speed bell. I thought it spun in the direction that would tighten the gears. A little loctite should help.

If we meet up at Mike's tomorrow, we can take a look and see what's going on. I usually bring tools.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Initiate

i just got off the phone with spektrum and found my silly error for the brake servo. I was setting it up right but forgot I set my reverse throttle to 0%. Brakes check good.

Is your RX8 ESC still programmed for forward/brake/reverse?

I want to just program it for forward/brake.

The gears are set up to tighten with the way the car moves forward but i had mine fall off when i was turning and the car rolled backwards for a second. and the 2nd time was when I hit 2nd gear. Still under testing but making progress. I added a lil loctite to the screw for the CB and to the lower gear. My 2nd gear is pretty snug but we will see what it does when i test it again.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Tires for Corona

Is there a consesus on the best tires to run in Corona? Next best?

Clay
Old 05-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

i just got off the phone with spektrum and found my silly error for the brake servo. I was setting it up right but forgot I set my reverse throttle to 0%. Brakes check good.

Is your RX8 ESC still programmed for forward/brake/reverse?

I want to just program it for forward/brake.

The gears are set up to tighten with the way the car moves forward but i had mine fall off when i was turning and the car rolled backwards for a second. and the 2nd time was when I hit 2nd gear. Still under testing but making progress. I added a lil loctite to the screw for the CB and to the lower gear. My 2nd gear is pretty snug but we will see what it does when i test it again.
I mentioned turning off the reverse in our conversation last night.
Glad you got it!

I have reverse and speed control braking turned off (brakes you just set to 0) All you need is forward.

Did you adjust your transmission any for the 2speed shift? I have not heard mine shift unless it is doing it very early on. I know it's running in 2nd, because I can hit over 60mph on 4s. I just need to look at mine, but it hasn't been a problem (so much torque), so I have not yet.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Initiate

just finished programming my forward/brake only..things are looking good. I will post a pic in just a min of the setup. No body on yet

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.