R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post

Certainly disguises the original manufacturer. Remember there is no official C rating system so anything can be put on them
spot on Greg you would be suprised which batterys are a true c rating lol.

The c rating is very important when it comes to running a low turn and high current esc .Lipos puff because the esc is continuesly demanding the battery discharge at a rating above the safety net that the battery c rating can handle .So then when you charge the battery after the damage has been caused to the battery (leaking cells) the battery will overcharge when that happens the extra charge must go somewhere so it ends up on the outer layer of the cells in a gas form causing the cells to puff usually it happens to one cell only of a two cell battery and sometimes on both cells depending on the extent of the damage.

Even when a battery states that it can be charged at 3c,4c or even some specify 6c is possible i would only charge between 1c and 2c max and always balance the cells always .I have seen on many occations were a racer would fast charge a lipo without balancing the cells then they complain why the short life span of the battery .

when it comes to lipos they are dangerous when rules are no followed only .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:58 AM   #17
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)

did anyone used speedpower 5800 55c? hows 55c compare with speedpower 40c and 45c??
amygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
spot on Greg you would be suprised which batterys are a true c rating lol.

The c rating is very important when it comes to running a low turn and high current esc .Lipos puff because the esc is continuesly demanding the battery discharge at a rating above the safety net that the battery c rating can handle .So then when you charge the battery after the damage has been caused to the battery (leaking cells) the battery will overcharge when that happens the extra charge must go somewhere so it ends up on the outer layer of the cells in a gas form causing the cells to puff usually it happens to one cell only of a two cell battery and sometimes on both cells depending on the extent of the damage.

Even when a battery states that it can be charged at 3c,4c or even some specify 6c is possible i would only charge between 1c and 2c max and always balance the cells always .I have seen on many occations were a racer would fast charge a lipo without balancing the cells then they complain why the short life span of the battery .

when it comes to lipos they are dangerous when rules are no followed only .

There is 2 C rate For Lithium Batteries :
- C Charge rate
- C Discharge rate

Lipo C Charge rate is designed for 1C Charge only
Life C Charge rate is designed for Higher C Charge rate ex : 4C Charge rate.

charging high rate on Life is not abuse, since it was designed for.
that is why the voltage comes lower 3.3v per cells or 6.6v (2S).

so 55C on this battery is C Discharge rate, would always better and safer
for the lipo to run high load such Mod motor.
but for such great Discharge at same capacity, will let your Battery drain quicker than ever, as your car run faster.

but keep it charge at 1C no more than that, cause lipo is designed for.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #19
Tech Addict

55C? Yeah, sure.What do we have next? 60C or maybe 65C?
Old 10-10-2010, 07:26 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Run View Post
55C? Yeah, sure.What do we have next? 60C or maybe 65C?
Old thread but I'm researching lipos.

This is crap and is going to continue.
We're being played and look like fools to keep buying the latest higher rated packs. 60c? BULLSHIT. For what a millisecond? Why? Oh that's right, I'm fooled into believing its better and I should buy it. Continuous should be continuous, not continuous for a millisecond.

Combined with the "ROAR approved" bs makes this hobby suck.
I'm glad to see Roar puts the packs through destructive tests. Hopefully they are actually verifying the ratings.

I seriously feel sorry for the kids who have to come up with 4 times the money for a pack because ROAR says so.
jaggededge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:33 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

how are these suckers? A 5200 35c or close. on the direct site, their prices are taken down and are in the works.

You aint messin wit my dougie..
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggededge View Post
Old thread but I'm researching lipos.

This is crap and is going to continue.
We're being played and look like fools to keep buying the latest higher rated packs. 60c? BULLSHIT. For what a millisecond? Why? Oh that's right, I'm fooled into believing its better and I should buy it. Continuous should be continuous, not continuous for a millisecond.

Combined with the "ROAR approved" bs makes this hobby suck.
I'm glad to see Roar puts the packs through destructive tests. Hopefully they are actually verifying the ratings.

I seriously feel sorry for the kids who have to come up with 4 times the money for a pack because ROAR says so.

I agree with you 100% but with our pro amps batterys and not because we are part owners we do have 60C rating and true 60C we also supply every battery with its own test data sheet per batch manufactured .

every battery we sell comes with its own test data sheet with it graph readings ,temp,pressurization testing ,altitude testing the lot .

Thats what you need to ask for its test data sheet as all batterys should be true and have the information available for the buyer .

Just mt two cents worth
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Default Lipo Battery

I had a 5300mAh 40C and 5800mAh 55C, I found out my 40C is much faster than the 55C. I may try 5300mAh 45C. I hope it will give me the same speed as 40C.

carcar188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Default Battery

For the same setting on my car, 5300mAh 40C is faster than 5800mAh 55C. Any reason for this? Can you help me out? thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
About whos OEM what, this and that...is absolutely un-necessary. You buy what you like, where you like, and how much you like....but if IP don't even have the 5000mah 55C lipo, in what way they can OEM that to Speed Power and ppl will know that it is an IP pack...? Beside....who would really want to open up a BRAND NEW in PERFECT CONDITION lipo, and find out it is OEM by someone else, and will get upset about it..? Totally not necessary..............

Not to mention...the price on these pack at Speed Power website, is amazing. (please look at the below link).

I have been running the Speed Power 5000mah 55C 7.4V Racing Lipo battery, the 5300mah 45C 7.4V Racing Lipo battery adn the 5800mAh 55C 7.4V LiPo battery for more then 2 months on my TC (all with SC, 17.5 and 13.5 and mod 4.0)...I don't "baby" my lipo at all...I raced them, then charge them without waiting and cooling (that is what I have always do to ABUSE the batteries to see any problem will happen)...so far, all 3 lipo has no puff and always @ 8.44V and above (alot of time while I was doing tech, I have to drain the lipo a little to pass the tech). So far, within these 2 months...I have not even balance these 3 packs yet. And I am sure it will take no more then a minute to balance them if I am going to balance them in purpose.

You can buy direct here....or contact your local Speed Passion, Speed Power, East Coast Bodies Tunned dealer...aka, your hobby shop.

http://www.speedpowerrc.com/en/productDetails.asp?p=46

Speed Passion USA will provide support for all Speed Power items.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #25
Tech Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Alberello Send a message via AIM to Alberello Send a message via MSN to Alberello Send a message via Yahoo to Alberello Send a message via Skype™ to Alberello

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcar188 View Post
For the same setting on my car, 5300mAh 40C is faster than 5800mAh 55C. Any reason for this? Can you help me out? thanks
Are they from different brands?
Alberello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Default Speed Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberello View Post
Are they from different brands?
They are the same from Speed Power, since I brougth the 5300mAh 40C, it was awesome powerful. But when I used the 5800mAh 55C. It kind of slow pick up with the same setting on my T3.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Quote:
They are the same from Speed Power, since I brougth the 5300mAh 40C, it was awesome powerful. But when I used the 5800mAh 55C. It kind of slow pick up with the same setting on my T3.
balance charge it, usually in the first charge they are noticeably slower but power comes in after three or four full charge.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
I think it's slower because the 5800mah 55c battery is heavier. Same happens to me for my Yokomo BD5. It was faster when it was strapped to the Turnigy 5000mah 20c then then 5200mah 30c.
durkheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to SavageCanadian

I ordered 2 of the 5000 55c on the 21st of December and still havent seen them yet. Anyone else experience the same thing? Sent them a email, no response, and there phone numbers dont work. Not really impressed with them so far.
Awesomatix | CRP F1 | Trinity/Revtech | SANWA | ORCA
SavageCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #30
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageCanadian View Post
I ordered 2 of the 5000 55c on the 21st of December and still havent seen them yet. Anyone else experience the same thing? Sent them a email, no response, and there phone numbers dont work. Not really impressed with them so far.
Glad I ran across this thread as I was about to order two of the same! Please re post with the final out come of your order!
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote