R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-06-2004, 06:48 PM   #61
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by POOKYT
Building up some drift tires now and was wondering something. I have a one-way in the front now. Will it be ok or should I put the diff or spool in to do this drifting stuff?

Thanks
Brant
It don't matter, it just simply changes how the car responds to steering.

In the end, its preferential what kind of front setup you like. So just try out different front "diffs" coz you may like one style better than another.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 06:51 PM   #62
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Drift Video

Quote:
Originally posted by team_tamiya
Hi all,

Just downloaded the latest drift video of frequency-rc and was just wondering if anyone on this forum was involved with that video. If so what were you all using i.e. motor,set-up,tires.

Thanks

P.S- Sweet drifting
I was one of those who drove in the SG vids.

Unlike some of the guys in this thread who prefer powerful motors, most of us in the video drove 23T or silvercan motors.

Setup was basically the setup we used when racing grip. Only minor adjustments were done to get the car to handle better during drifting.

Tires were all PVC pipes cut to thickness and pushed onto rims. Check out my previous replies to this thread for more info.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:38 AM   #63
Tech Initiate

Default SG vid

Hi,

Which car do you drive in the videos. I have been having problems with my car drifting i am not able to change the driection of my car easily it is good to do big fishy on my road but when i take it on the track grip is minimal and hard to put the car were i want. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
team_tamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 12:45 AM   #64
Tech Fanatic

I drove the NSX in the night shots in vid 2 and the Apex RX-7 in the vid 3. You can check the credits coz I use Entropy everywhere.

You should start by driving slow, coz if a car is going too fast, there is more inertia to overcome when changing directions. Check page 2 of this thread for some tips I posted on controlling your car in mid drift.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:02 AM   #65
Tech Initiate

Man your car grips in the third one in one part with all the other cars you like went through four corners and didnt loose grip what car you running, and if its not too much trouble could i get your camber-suspension set-up. Were you running pvc.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:19 AM   #66
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by team_tamiya
Man your car grips in the third one in one part with all the other cars you like went through four corners and didnt loose grip what car you running, and if its not too much trouble could i get your camber-suspension set-up. Were you running pvc.
Not sure which part you are talking about, coz there was one part I just drove for fun and didn't drift much (with 3 other cars). I did drift in the other shots though.

I used a TA04 with a 23T motor. Front camber was 1.0 deg, rear camber 1.5 degrees. Tamiya whites springs on the front and blues on the rear. Its basically my racing setup too coz I just slap on the PVC tires and drift when I'm in the mood.

I was running PVC all the way. That one scene (with 4 cars) where I didn't seem to drift is coz I was just mucking around with my friends trying to grip drive with PVC
Old 06-07-2004, 01:19 AM   #67
Tech Fanatic

dbl post
Old 06-07-2004, 01:24 AM   #68
Tech Initiate

Sweet i run a TA04-R i will be trying that set-up tommorow. Dont actually run tamiya springs but are the ones you running hard medium soft, what sorta roll out but i dont think that would matter.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:34 AM   #69
Tech Fanatic

The tamiya whites are the hard springs and the blues are the medium hards. This is followed by the yellows (medium soft) and the reds (soft).

Here's a pic of my drift/racing TA04 in the pits in preparation for another race.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ta04pits.jpg (84.3 KB, 137 views)
Old 06-07-2004, 02:05 AM   #70
Tech Addict

wooooo we're gaining RC Drifters!! WooOoooOOOoooOoOOoTTT!!!
nixaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:06 AM   #71
Tech Initiate

Holy crap your car looks sweet, what did that start as. How much money you put into those upgrades. I seem to think you like blue .

P.S How much your car weight i have been having trouble getting my car under weight. Weridest thing had a super rooster car weights 1520grams get a dually car weights 1550grams
Old 06-07-2004, 03:44 AM   #72
Tech Fanatic

I don't even want to remember how much I spent on the TA04, but it probably costs more than my Pro4 by now :P The only reason why I went crazy is coz its a personal project, Blue. I plan to put it up on display with its carbon fibre chassis (tub seems to be more suited for current race conditions, for me) when its racing days are over.

My car weighs in at about 1530 with batts and bodyshell. If I use a lightweight bodyshell, it should come in about 1500 flat which is just right for racing.

p.s. you ain't seen my other blue equipment yet.. (pulsar, fans, ex-10 etc...)
Old 06-07-2004, 11:04 PM   #73
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg

WOW

After seeing those vids I think i want to get a car to play with at my track and drift.

What cars should i look into?
anything good from tamiya? what about yokomo?

I currently run a Mugen as my main race car, but I have heard there is a tamiya stock class at my local track that i will like to run, so maybe i can kill two birds with one stone?
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:52 PM   #74
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Hey -

I don't have time at the moment to view all the posts, but is there someone who can help me find the info for the "driftz" pre-made PVC wheels? I am trying to locate some for my local track....

I saw them on ebay but I am having trouble re-locating them.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave
F1Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 02:32 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Default RC Drifting News

Later today, or tomorrow morning I'll have some news about RC Drifting at 3hobby.com. Watch that space!