Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 10:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleepp
BIG CONGTRATS to the USGT Winner ALEX!

Regarding that Opel Calibra DTM: On a personal note , I really liked that project a lot. We probably still have the mold somewhere, however it will never be re-introduced. Even though this body was produced way back in the "days of licensing innocence" we were served with "cease and desist manufacturing - or you'll be sued" documents sent to us by both Opel AND the DTM race team. It's all gotten to be only crazier since them with licencing. (unless you live in Arizona)

Dale - Protoform
I still have one unpainted! Took it out to mark body posts but thats it! It most likely will never see the race track while I own it. I also still have the M3, an Audi A4 and a MG ZS. I loved the BTCC Volvo S40 and S60 and sold the last 2 I had a couple years ago.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd kill for a Protoform S40 BTCC body...

I painted up a Protoform Opel DTM body for a friend a few years ago in the Brawn F1 team colours. Looked fantastic! I'll see if I can find a pic.

Last edited by ErikO; 04-21-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleepp
BIG CONGTRATS to the USGT Winner ALEX!

Regarding that Opel Calibra DTM: On a personal note , I really liked that project a lot. We probably still have the mold somewhere, however it will never be re-introduced. Even though this body was produced way back in the "days of licensing innocence" we were served with "cease and desist manufacturing - or you'll be sued" documents sent to us by both Opel AND the DTM race team. It's all gotten to be only crazier since them with licencing. (unless you live in Arizona)

Dale - Protoform

I would kill for one of your old Ford Mondeo shells so I could do up a cool V8 super car paint scheme....or any of the old BTTC bodies that you had would be cool to race again. PF goes Retro and brings back its old line of bodies...lol
Old 04-21-2015, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm amazed that these big companies even care what RC shells are made. It's a huge handicap to deal with just because some company is afraid they might miss out on a little bit of money or that their trademark might be used without their consent.

I got an insurance check in the mail for six cents. The envelope probably cost that much. Then there is the stamp. Yeah it makes about as much sense as that.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

New product release from McAllister Racing-

#307- MX-Stang GT-
This new body is intended for the USGT or open body Touring Car classes. Fits 190mm cars and includes detail decals for front and rear, add-on rear wing, as well as mask for windows and overspray film.

Please support your local RC Dealer and ask for McAllister Racing by name.
All McAllister Racing products are 100% made in the U.S.A.

Thanks for your support

Last edited by Matt Trimmings; 05-19-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Super nice body there.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:33 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Great body as usual.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by flyingm

#307- MX-Stang GT-
This new body is intended for the USGT or open body Touring Car classes. Fits 190mm cars and includes detail decals for front and rear, add-on rear wing, as well as mask for windows and overspray film.

Thanks for your support
Very nice, now we bowtie guys need the Camaro......Never ends does it Gary.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

#307- MX-Stang GT-
This new body is intended for the USGT or open body Touring Car classes. Fits 190mm
Well done this looks very racey!!! Cant wait to try one....190mm music to my ears.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

#307- MX-Stang GT-
That body looks like it's going to perform well, on top of looking good! And I don't even like Mustangs!
Old 04-21-2015, 04:40 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I'm amazed that these big companies even care what RC shells are made. It's a huge handicap to deal with just because some company is afraid they might miss out on a little bit of money or that their trademark might be used without their consent.

I got an insurance check in the mail for six cents. The envelope probably cost that much. Then there is the stamp. Yeah it makes about as much sense as that.
The automakers of the world seek licensing agreements for two basic reasons.

1. A company that makes a replica of a real car is making money from an auto manufactures “intellectual property”. They want their cut on their property. It’s plain and simple.

2. The automaker wants to make sure any intellectual property is a faithful replica. Again…It’s their property. They have every right to make sure they protect their “brand” and how that brand is being reproduced. Brand control is a HUGE deal with most big companies now and for good reason.

You can thank George Lucas for all this. He set the bar regarding licensing.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

#307- MX-Stang GT-

Thanks for your support
Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL
Very nice, now we bowtie guys need the Camaro......Never ends does it Gary.
Originally Posted by pphaneuf
That body looks like it's going to perform well, on top of looking good! And I don't even like Mustangs!
Couldn't agree more. Love the new body!! And I'm die-hard Chevy. Just getting into USGT and road-course racing, this will be my first body. Badazz! Well Done!
Old 04-21-2015, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Now I can have a mustang body in USGT that isnt a brick on wheels. Looks great. Ill have to get one and burn through my other bodies first, butn looking forward to seeing one in person.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Now I can have a mustang body in USGT that isnt a brick on wheels. Looks great. Ill have to get one and burn through my other bodies first, butn looking forward to seeing one in person.
Bronson, I've never seen you use the same body twice in USGT. You must have a BUNCH!

Y'all can race the body o' the week, I'll just keep using the one that I have. It works just fine and costs me $20 shipped on Ebay. Painted.

Mark
Old 04-21-2015, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Well your about to see me use the same body for the second time. I am giving the HPI McLaren a go again. I tried it when I was THE FIRST ONE to bring a USGT car to BRR a about two years ago. But at that time no one wanted to run it. It just sat on the top my pit spot until I would go practice with it. I couldn't ever get any rear traction with it. But at the time I was running x patterns and a highly modified suspension on my PRO 4 to fit the body low enough without cutting holes out for the shock towers.

I won't ever get a body because I think it's a performance advantage. But that doesn't mean I want something that is a performance hindurance either. Did you see the 2011 mustang I was previously running? That's the brick I was referring to. With my driving, the body had ZERO to do with how bad I have been, but I do want something with a sleeker look.

I just really like the HPI McLaren, and the new ProtoForm body. This new body from McAllisters looks pretty good and I'll probably get one. I just really enjoy painting them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.