Like Tree5560Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Old 02-05-2020, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Real GT cars From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LM_GTE
dman18t likes this.
Old 02-05-2020, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If you were going to split the USGT class I think it would be better like this;

USGT2
Tamiya bodies only
1400gr total

USGT1
Any approved USGT body
1350gr total

Simple is better.
Old 02-05-2020, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

More classes. Not better.
Old 02-05-2020, 01:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does anybody have enough familiarity with lap counting software that you could run a LeMans style class with different sub categories of cars? Who cares if VTA, USGT, Euro Truck or TC run together? Just order everyone by speed and give out class winners at end of the event. (I've always wanted to have a LeMans day) 🤪

Look at Rolex 24, who can tell the difference with any car besides DPi and GT cars. IMHO USGT bodies look sweet whether they are based on real cars or not. TC is fugly-b... look at the shovel scoop down force bodies they run.
I love the USGT class, I run a HPI Honda prelude (all time favorite car) with 7 year old tires and an old Novak 21.5 ballistic motor (finally switching to motiv spec this year, hopefully that motor rule never changes).

​​
​​​​​​I don't know why I ranted, I'm only part time racer, full time rctech'r. Good luck and keep up the good work Rob.
angrymelon, Jeff H and Bry195 like this.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by nrtv20 View Post
Does anybody have enough familiarity with lap counting software that you could run a LeMans style class with different sub categories of cars? Who cares if VTA, USGT, Euro Truck or TC run together? Just order everyone by speed and give out class winners at end of the event. (I've always wanted to have a LeMans day) 🤪

Look at Rolex 24, who can tell the difference with any car besides DPi and GT cars. IMHO USGT bodies look sweet whether they are based on real cars or not. TC is fugly-b... look at the shovel scoop down force bodies they run.
I love the USGT class, I run a HPI Honda prelude (all time favorite car) with 7 year old tires and an old Novak 21.5 ballistic motor (finally switching to motiv spec this year, hopefully that motor rule never changes).

​​
​​​​​​I don't know why I ranted, I'm only part time racer, full time rctech'r. Good luck and keep up the good work Rob.
I asked about that a year or so back during a previous body discussion. I was told that it can be done. And it was fairly common in Australia to run mixed classes. Depending on turnout

You do know USGT is moving to a spec motor in the next few months. Iím sure it will take longer for clubs to make the move to require it. But for those big events itís going to be required
gigaplex likes this.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro View Post
More classes. Not better.
Normally I would agree but at one time USGT was considered 'more classes'. So now could be the time to split the 'pros' from the 'scale drivers'.
Jeff H likes this.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
I asked about that a year or so back during a previous body discussion. I was told that it can be done. And it was fairly common in Australia to run mixed classes. Depending on turnout

You do know USGT is moving to a spec motor in the next few months. Iím sure it will take longer for clubs to make the move to require it. But for those big events itís going to be required
Thanks, I'd love to try a mixed class race.
Yes I am aware of new motor and I'm ok with that. It helps me as a part time racer as long as the spec stays the same over the years.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nrtv20 View Post

​​
It's easy with Livetime. I do it fairly often.
Nerobro and NutDriver like this.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Normally I would agree but at one time USGT was considered 'more classes'. So now could be the time to split the 'pros' from the 'scale drivers'.
So... this hits upon another thing I find important. The ability to identify classes at a distance.

TC classes are a problem. 21.5, spec 21.5, 17.5, 13.5, mod... ALL look the same. That's not good.

VTA is easy to identify. Euro Truck is easy. Mini is easy. USGT is mostly easy.. .excepting a lot of it's bodies cross with WGT-R. F1 is easy to identify. But.. .tracking the TC classes.... well that's just no good at all.

This is totally in the spirit of USGT, right? 2 door sports car?
http://www.rcmart.com/pandora-pab217...cPath=438_1535

Last edited by Nerobro; 02-05-2020 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Tamiya body only USGT would be amazing
angrymelon likes this.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

JGTC Castrol Supra, 100% GT car!

DTM Audi S5, 100% GT car!

LeMans Corvette C7 GTLM, 100% GT car!

911 RSR, 100% GT car!

Ferrari 458 LM, 100% GT car.

What do all the previous cars have in common? All have raced in legitment GT series.

Pagani Zonda, nope, McLaren P1, nope, konnigseg , nope. These are hyper cars and do not race in GT classes. If it looks like a hypercar, it isn't a GT car.
Jeff H likes this.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:38 PM
Tech Prophet

So... this hits upon another thing I find important. The ability to identify classes at a distance.

TC classes are a problem. 21.5, spec 21.5, 17.5, 13.5, mod... ALL look the same. That's not good.

VTA is easy to identify. Euro Truck is easy. Mini is easy. USGT is mostly easy.. .excepting a lot of it's bodies cross with WGT-R. F1 is easy to identify. But.. .tracking the TC classes.... well that's just no good at all.

This is totally in the spirit of USGT, right? 2 door sports car?
Pandora RC Toyota AE86 COROLLA LEVIN 3 Door 1/10 RC Drift 196mm Clear Body Set #PAB-2177,
Its not like thereís a crowd watching. A mixed class would make the race announcer job a bit harder. But could just require large roof numbers to identify drivers.

Iíve still yet to have an actual race announced. Had updates but its very similar to the computer voice from the timing system.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Its not like thereís a crowd watching. A mixed class would make the race announcer job a bit harder. But could just require large roof numbers to identify drivers.

Iíve still yet to have an actual race announced. Had updates but its very similar to the computer voice from the timing system.
If you do it right, there will be. At WCRC we had 3-5-8 people watching from time to time. But even from the perspective of posting videos. You shouldn't be wondering what class is out there. Or even as racer watching who's out on the track so you know when to be ready.

I"m sad you've not had a decent announcer. They greatly improve the racing.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

For those seeking scale realism, HRP is now distributing Carisma products. The bodies are a little pricey, but they have some that we haven't seen recently. There is an Audi RS5 with DTM sticker set, and AMG C-class with DTM sticker set, and a Lotus Exige V6 Cup body. They offer an Audi R8 as well, but it's out of stock at the moment. I have only seen pics of these bodies. I have no idea of how heavy they might be.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:11 PM
Tech Prophet

If you do it right, there will be. At WCRC we had 3-5-8 people watching from time to time. But even from the perspective of posting videos. You shouldn't be wondering what class is out there. Or even as racer watching who's out on the track so you know when to be ready.

I"m sad you've not had a decent announcer. They greatly improve the racing.
We had a few that would regularly come to watch back at Orland. I know there were some watching when I ran at St.Charles. But not really a crowd. Probably more then I remember if I checked the videos. And once race starts I really donít notice much more then the track.

Very few would ever ask what class was being run. Get the occasional dumb question of ďgas poweredĒ but what can you do.

As for announcing. After this long without ever having it Iíd probably find it almost annoying. Or as bad as my hearing is becoming in one ear, Not even hear it. Sometimes I canít even make out what the timing system voice is saying beyond ďafter 1 minute of racing...Ē Iím closing in on 50 racedays between on/off road and small scale.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.