R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   USGT (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/411122-usgt.html)

tonyd 09-05-2018 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE (Post 15293595)
Scale that's all... it's a $5 to $10 fix a a dab of sho goo...

and something you can use over and over again.

it's not like Touring car where you don't need one.. or 12th scale. But ROAR did say headlight and taillight decals or paint.

So we have rules for everything rather we agree or not. And trust me this freaking carrot sucks. But I'm eating it.

SORRY NICE :lol: PIECE OF DEEP DISH PIZZA...........

Teufel Racing 09-05-2018 11:23 AM

Some interesting posts,
For what it's worth, I know I'm still a bit new to the class and on-road (though have ran it some over the years, and almost 20yrs since I played with a TC chassis of any kind), it seems to me that some of the ideas or changes could work and likely do make sense. Body weight rule I can get on board with for sure, although in just my minimal return time on on-road thus far, it seems the VTA and USGT classes almost always come in above 90g anyway, so it's likely almost a moot point, it having it in the rules would make it easier for reference purposes if nothing else.

Bodies seem to be a topic I have been hearing about and watching. While I do understand the original intent or the class (think spirit of the rules/class), I can surely see why there are a number of racers that don't like some over others for the USGT class. I personally do run the P-Zero, as it was one of the three recommended bodies for me to run at the track I run at. Being a bit of a fan of the real car brand and not really caring for the other two options, the P-Zero for me was a no brainer. Now even though I can wheel a car pretty well, just adding the P-Zero as my body choice didn't automatically garentee me win after win after win anytime I hit the track. Still get beat by a good bit by racers running corvette bodies and some others. The new GT body does look very good on the track though when I saw one run and while maybe not quite fitting under the spirit of the class (the GT is a supercar), I can see it being a hot body to run and at some tracks could be advantageous enough to make a good difference.

Wings. Painted or unpainted? I can go either way with it. Being an off-road racer for many years, I never bothered to paint my 1/10th wings (mostly because they never really lasted long enough to worry about it) and I didn't paint my on-road wing either. I get the scale appearance of a painted wing, but I don't focus on my wing when driving like I said either is fine by me, though I might take me a minute or two to get use done to seeing a painted wing on my car. I only just recently found out I can use the side dams on the USGT wings (under the correct rules measurements). Lol

Motors. This has my interest for sure. I'll run whatever is needed, but not sure it's needed. I admit the 21.5 in my USGT car was a bit faster than I expected it to be, but not lightening fast. I am hearing that the 17.5TC class could be going to a 21.5TC as the standard class rule and if so, I could see enough people wanting to lower the USGT to a 25.5. Personally I like the idea of leaving the USGT at 21.5 and then having the "stock" TC be 21.5. I'm good with whatever, just want to know exactly when the rule or rules for one or both classes will be changed so I can plan accordingly.

As it is right now, I'm having a lot of fun running on-road these days and plan to run more.

EricPF 09-05-2018 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing (Post 15293620)
The new GT body does look very good on the track though when I saw one run and while maybe not quite fitting under the spirit of the class (the GT is a supercar),

I'm confused as to how it possibly couldn't fit the spirit of the class. It's a licensed replica of a 1:1 car that runs in the GTLM (GTE Pro at Le Mans) class, based on a production vehicle. Isn't that 100% what this class is all about?

gigaplex 09-05-2018 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by EricPF (Post 15293492)
  • An idea that could open the class up to more "uniqueness" and personality would be wheels. I love the Gravity tires, but if everyone is running the same premount wheels it can make the cars look a bit uninspired. If the big USGT events just had a handout tire/foam, and you had to bring your own wheels (like an off-road buggy spec tire race), it could add some flair and realism to the class.

I don't agree with this. Too much hassle for no real gain, once the cars are moving you can't recognise the rim pattern.

gigaplex 09-05-2018 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by EricPF (Post 15293628)
I'm confused as to how it possibly couldn't fit the spirit of the class. It's a licensed replica of a 1:1 car that runs in the GTLM (GTE Pro at Le Mans) class, based on a production vehicle. Isn't that 100% what this class is all about?

Also, how is the Pagani they were praising in the same post not considered a supercar?

nubs 09-05-2018 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by gigaplex (Post 15293666)
Also, how is the Pagani they were praising in the same post not considered a supercar?

Hes a noob. Don't hold it against him.

DARKSIDE 09-05-2018 01:10 PM

Hey Tony ... deep dish Chicago or new York pie

Teufel Racing 09-05-2018 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by EricPF (Post 15293628)

It would depend on what criteria would be used to define the class. If just going by an officially licensed scale body, then there a number of bodies that wouldn’t fit. The P-Zero I use would for sure be one of them without question (it is no doubt a true supercar). Which would seem to be part of the issue of that body for many as it’s not an officially licensed body. Not too unlike the PFM in that regard. Now if the bodies would only need to be based on a “production car” then things change a bit, though many would still be split on the idea. Now if a body has to be ran in the full scale series that the USGT class is supposed to be based on or around, then body choices would be different. It seems there’s some that would prefer no super car bodies be used in the class which could change the preferred body choices some would run. The issue would be what exactly would constitute a “supercar”. To me, even though the new GT in full scale fits the class it races in, it’s certainly pushing towards the “supercar” end of the spectrum. Just my opinion.

Teufel Racing 09-05-2018 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by gigaplex (Post 15293666)

Never said it wasn’t a “supercar”, it is for sure. Of the three suggested bodies to run for the class where I run, I liked the styling of the P-Zero the most and as I pointed out, just by using it, I wasn’t guaranteed to dominate and win every time on track.

Teufel Racing 09-05-2018 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by nubs (Post 15293670)
Hes a noob. Don't hold it against him.

Ha ha. Noob to on-road maybe sorta.

tonyd 09-05-2018 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE (Post 15293678)

Deep dish Chicago style.. Only way to go!!

tonyd 09-05-2018 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE (Post 15293678)

You know how we roll around here... Same Pizza you had when you were here.

jlfx car audio 09-05-2018 01:38 PM

I cant say I like the idea of the driver figures in any class but anyrhing that works needs to be consistant thruout ... Right ?
So lets line it all up
Class -motor-driver-weight-battery-tires
VTA----25.5---yes--1450-->6000--byot
USGT--25.5---yes--1200----any----byot
F1 ----25.5---yes--1050----any----byot
I have to say if its acrually done this way i think it will put these races back where they belong ...
F1 is a fast class and rightfully so it should be the fastest class in this scale racing orginizeation dont you think ?
The usgt class Will be faster than the vta since the used tires are much better and the weight game can be a awesome challenge in it self to make some stratigy plays in long mains ...
Low weight car using 3400mah battery to get faster laps up front with lots of fade or heavy setup with large mah battery and not as fast of lap times but more consistant thruout the run... Say with 10min mains across the board with 5min qualls ... Yea I'm in for usgt at that type of racing ...

nubs 09-05-2018 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing (Post 15293693)

Ha ha. Noob to on-road maybe sorta.

I was giving you an out, man! ;)

Teufel Racing 09-05-2018 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by nubs (Post 15293719)
I was giving you an out, man! ;)

Its all good man,
Just my opinion(s). I’ll go with the flow and run what’s deemed legal to run. I have a couple other bodies for USGT on stand by. It’s the joys of “spec” racing, both good and bad.