R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   USGT (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/411122-usgt.html)

Nerobro 08-07-2018 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE (Post 15275200)
why is this a discussion?...whats wrong with you people

Altering the body for the purpose of lightening by sanding, scraping, or any other method is

ILLEGAL.

For someone who cares about the rules, discussions like this inform you, on what to look for, what could be trouble, or what people might do. Stopping the discussion harms you, and the rules makers in the long run. If you're going to "have an enforceable set of rules" you must also know how to break all of them.

Racing is , for many people, about finding the edge cases. The places to push the rules. In this case, it's driven people to seeking out the lowest CG and highest downforce bodies they can find. (I'm an outlier, and am sticking with my R-34 bodies..) In this case, the spirit of the rule, I think is to stop people from spending hours of work on their bodies. Bodies should be "reasonably disposable", and putting hours of work into scraping them, isn't very conducive to people being ok with their body getting chewed up. That leads to serious business driving, and anger when someone accidentally twitches the wrong way on the straight and sends you tumbling down the track.

So lets say, someone figures out a method for making lower CG bodies, without all that scraping. (You called it ILLIEGAL) It might even be more durable. And it's a good looking sports car. It might be a good thing for the class, by pushing out the people who insist on running P-Zero's, NSX's and Mosler bodies. I think it's worth discussing. :-)

-----------------------------------

Well there's a thought too. Where is the line drawn on body modifications? (Tattoos, Peircings, guages, splitters...) I typically put some aluminum tape around the wheel arches, because I like my paint. There are kits that are sold to reinforce wheel openings. There are brackets to stop body tuck. Fiberglass tape and shoe goo? If "adding" is ok, could someone convince protoform, mcallister, thebuildrc, or whomever to make a super thin body, then do reinforcements instead of scraping?

Dan 08-07-2018 02:15 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to stir the pot. :D

Just poking fun of the extremes that Bert goes thru in his weight reduction antics when he doesn't really race.

Nerobro 08-07-2018 02:21 PM

*swirls around in the pot* It's fun in here!

MikeR 08-07-2018 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 15275295)
Sorry, didn't mean to stir the pot. :D

Just poking fun of the extremes that Bert goes thru in his weight reduction antics when he doesn't really race.

You trolled and caught about 3 or 4 guys with 1 cast lol!! Hi five!

bertrandsv87 08-07-2018 04:03 PM

Someone's sounding more like Bert around here.....lol....
PS: I do race, but this year my 4.0L jeep needs a timing chain... I guess I'll be racing in October....

InfamousRacerX 08-07-2018 04:51 PM

What bothers me is the people rounding the outside edges of the gravity tires to make them like TC tires when the rules clearly state you cannot do that either.

bigtee01 08-07-2018 05:02 PM

21.5 motor

What's the best 21.5 motors out right now for USGT?

godzukihop 08-07-2018 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by bigtee01 (Post 15275410)

why you ask that question when you already know the answer? Monster Max, nothing better.

glennhl 08-07-2018 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by InfamousRacerX (Post 15275399)
What bothers me is the people rounding the outside edges of the gravity tires to make them like TC tires when the rules clearly state you cannot do that either.

This helps?

SpeedySST 08-07-2018 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by godzukihop (Post 15275423)
why you ask that question when you already know the answer? Monster Max, nothing better.

Next month, per the agreement between motor manufacturers, it will be something else so that a different manufacturer can get rich selling motors to the motor of the week fanatics.

DARKSIDE 08-08-2018 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by bigtee01 (Post 15275410)

at this point, I don't think its a big difference.... I run the Reedy Powered 21.5 Splus and its just as fast as any of them. Team Scream, Motiv, Trinity, Fantom, will work and be fast. Pick a brand you like or loyal too and hit the track

R Dodge 08-08-2018 08:40 AM

The PROTOform Ford GT is now available for purchase. They are selling fast!
https://www.racepf.com/touring-car-1...clear-body.asp

Sold Out already. Click the "Add to Watchlist" button to be notified when it becomes available again on racepf.com

nubs 08-08-2018 09:08 AM

I feel like the Ford GT is the epitome of this class. It doesn't make sense that we would have to trim the wing to meet the class rules. To me, what ever wing comes with a GT body should be legal for that body. Thoughts?

SpeedySST 08-08-2018 09:14 AM

Well, the body doesn't have to be used solely for USGT and other classes dont have to abide by the wing rule.

Billy Kelly 08-08-2018 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by R Dodge (Post 15275790)
The PROTOform Ford GT is now available for purchase. They are selling fast!
https://www.racepf.com/touring-car-1...clear-body.asp

Sold Out already. Click the "Add to Watchlist" button to be notified when it becomes available again on racepf.com

My notification didn’t show until just now. Have to wait till next round