Like Tree1918Likes

USGT

    Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
11
12
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
15
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
17
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
21
22 E.S. motiv T4
23
24
25
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
27
28
29
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
31
32
33
34
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
36
37
38 R.C. TSR A800
39
40 W.S. Reedy
41
42
43 Motiv xray
44
45
46 Motiv Xray
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55

Print Wikipost

Reply

Old 08-14-2014, 09:12 AM
  #3016  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Indianapolis give or take...
Posts: 659
Default

That "green" is my favorite color of all time. I want an exotic sportscar in that color.
.crispy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:04 PM
  #3017  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
OttoKrosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mesa, AZ, USA
Posts: 469
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
Let me know how it goes. My guess, however, is that at 5.5+ FDRs going down a tooth won't make the car accelerate faster enough than it already does to off set the loss of top end speed. Unless its a really very tight track, the motor at 5.5FDR is probably at max RPM most of the time anyway. If I'm wrong, it certainly won't be the first time

Infield speeds are very slow and the straight is only about 80'-90' I may see better performance, I'll know more tonight after we run.

The 5.5 ratio is high for a 21.5 motor but after turning the timing all the way up it's not as slow as one might think.

Since this is a USGT thread here's another pic:

OttoKrosse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:52 AM
  #3018  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
gooba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: grimes,ia
Posts: 471
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Otto what Mazda body is that in the background?
gooba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:36 AM
  #3019  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
vivo quevas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central, Ca.
Posts: 1,315
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Otto your Bemer looks great. This is my new body McAllister DP this body works great. Good balance it has great l around grip.

Last edited by Matt Trimmings; 05-19-2016 at 10:29 PM.
vivo quevas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:55 PM
  #3020  
Tech Elite
 
IndyHobbies.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Posts: 2,008
Default

Originally Posted by .crispy View Post
That "green" is my favorite color of all time. I want an exotic sportscar in that color.
How about half green Crispy?

I finally mounted the HPI Pagani Zonda body on my Associated TC6 for USGT. Even has my USVTA number on it. When you join, you get both VTA and USGT badges. I like this color scheme. It was suggested by IndyRCRacer. Italian car with Italian colors. Tamiya #53468 24mm wheels w/RIDE tires.










Last edited by Matt Trimmings; 05-19-2016 at 10:29 PM.
IndyHobbies.com is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:42 PM
  #3021  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (59)
 
theproffesor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lugoff SC
Posts: 3,049
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Is there anyway to speed up the break-in process on the Ride tires? I ran them in the street for about 15 min swerving back and forth, and I lifted the back and pulled full throttle for a bit moving the front tires back and forth forna bit, rotated tires front to back, and repeated. Then I got a full race day on them, but I dont feel that they are there yet. They haven't even started to look like motorcycle tires yet. My set-up is drivable, but I dont want to start really messing with anything until I know the tires are right.

This is for carpet break in. Thanks
theproffesor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:12 PM
  #3022  
Moderator
iTrader: (8)
 
StephenSobottka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,267
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Here is my Skyline R34 painted by Russ Schacht. 4 year hiatus of TC racing and returning to run USGT!

Last edited by Matt Trimmings; 05-19-2016 at 10:29 PM.
StephenSobottka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:23 PM
  #3023  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: columbus oh
Posts: 895
Default

Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
Is there anyway to speed up the break-in process on the Ride tires? I ran them in the street for about 15 min swerving back and forth, and I lifted the back and pulled full throttle for a bit moving the front tires back and forth forna bit, rotated tires front to back, and repeated. Then I got a full race day on them, but I dont feel that they are there yet. They haven't even started to look like motorcycle tires yet. My set-up is drivable, but I dont want to start really messing with anything until I know the tires are right.

This is for carpet break in. Thanks
I soak mines in traction compound....in a zip lock
but if u tryna run them right out the pack..put compound on them for15 20 mins & run at least 3 pack through them
I use tire tweak too
starrx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:28 PM
  #3024  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
OttoKrosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mesa, AZ, USA
Posts: 469
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gooba View Post
Otto what Mazda body is that in the background?
It's the 2014 Mazda 6 GX (Protoform), a mock-up of the Mazda car they raced in the Rolex series last year......I work for them so it seemed like the right thing to do.
OttoKrosse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:39 PM
  #3025  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (32)
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,850
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
Is there anyway to speed up the break-in process on the Ride tires? I ran them in the street for about 15 min swerving back and forth, and I lifted the back and pulled full throttle for a bit moving the front tires back and forth forna bit, rotated tires front to back, and repeated. Then I got a full race day on them, but I dont feel that they are there yet. They haven't even started to look like motorcycle tires yet. My set-up is drivable, but I dont want to start really messing with anything until I know the tires are right.

This is for carpet break in. Thanks
I use buggy grip and run them on the carpet track the more heat cycles you put on them the better they get. I buggy grip then wipe it off then let the traction compound soak 20 to 30 minutes run the car and repeat. I can break in a set of tires for carpet in about 4 to 6 practices. They dont really need to be round like motorcycle tires to have good traction unless the track that you're racing on is lower grip then you might need them this way. I have never had any luck running them outside to break them in for inside.
Kevin K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:09 PM
  #3026  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (28)
 
Dobbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 802
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by StephenSobottka View Post
Here is my Skyline R34 painted by Russ Schacht. 4 year hiatus of TC racing and returning to run USGT!
I like that color and paint scheme.

Indy, that Zonda looks great too, nice job!
Dobbs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:38 PM
  #3027  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by StephenSobottka View Post
Here is my Skyline R34 painted by Russ Schacht. 4 year hiatus of TC racing and returning to run USGT!
Noice "Bottka"!
CypressMidWest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:42 PM
  #3028  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
I use buggy grip and run them on the carpet track the more heat cycles you put on them the better they get. I buggy grip then wipe it off then let the traction compound soak 20 to 30 minutes run the car and repeat. I can break in a set of tires for carpet in about 4 to 6 practices. They dont really need to be round like motorcycle tires to have good traction unless the track that you're racing on is lower grip then you might need them this way. I have never had any luck running them outside to break them in for inside.
Good advice Mr. Kane. I also know guys who have tire truers, or much more scuffing machines, who will spin them up, and apply a rag with the track's chosen tire treatment, and hold it on the spinning tire until it smokes. They let it cool, then repeat the process, and then run the them in for a pack. Seems to work fairly well.
CypressMidWest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:43 AM
  #3029  
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,999
Default

I just put the tires on the car and run, same lap times for 15 runs so far, first to last
JayL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:28 PM
  #3030  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (32)
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,850
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Good advice Mr. Kane. I also know guys who have tire truers, or much more scuffing machines, who will spin them up, and apply a rag with the track's chosen tire treatment, and hold it on the spinning tire until it smokes. They let it cool, then repeat the process, and then run the them in for a pack. Seems to work fairly well.
Thanks Ian...I should have mentioned that I sand the center seam of the tires when they are new so they are flat across the entire tire.

Next set of tires I will take some pictures for everyone to see what I mean if they are not sure how this is done.
Kevin K is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service