R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-24-2010, 05:41 AM   #16
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks EVO, now, where can I get a CIRTIX system?
Mark Mixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:46 AM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Mark,

MDI has them on order, should have them next week. I have contacted the local shops to start carrying them, but I cannot answer to when they will be in stock.

Thanks,
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mixon View Post
Thanks EVO, now, where can I get a CIRTIX system?
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

AS ALWAYS, the rules you run at your track are at your race director's discretion! Don't act as if there is going to be an RCGT inspector looking over your shoulder at every parking lot club race from here on out. If your group decides to open up the battery rule, then so be it. It's not a revolt or rebellion or anything, just a small variation. If you are running at an official HPI-supported RCGT event these are the rules. If not, they are a formula that many groups will "season to taste".

This set of rules is intended to act as a guideline to update and reunite RCGT nationally to address the pressing issues that killed the class in many areas.

Cirtix combos are in stock at speedtechrc.com.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:34 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Good comments Pete. Thanks. As we've mentioned before folks, rules are just guidelines. A means to an end. The end is to "maintain the spirit of the program". Although there's no great reason to deviate from them, there's nothing that say's you can't if you remember that in the long run it would be better if you did. Wanna be part of a regional race or a national race or have some manufacturer backing ??.....then you gotta play by the rules. It works and it takes a lot of stress out of being involved.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So the only significant change is putting a definitive limit on what speedo we can use?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
So the only significant change is putting a definitive limit on what speedo we can use?
Thats the biggest one TJ. Most of it stayed the same with some wiggle room added. Batteries might be considered significant for some but its not going to be policed at the club level. As mentioned, best case scenario is that everybody starts moving toward as much compliance as possible when they can.
It would be great to get to hold some regionals in Florida and then have a good sized RCGT comp at the end. I know Mark is looking at RCGT for the FL. State series. That would be a great way to work with the new rules.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

The rules look good the only place I feel they fall short is with the limit on the battery. First why not go with all ROAR apporved batteries? This means that the packs have past some sort of a test to make sure they are safe number one. Second RCGT is sometimes a second class to people and if their first class uses ROAR rules for batteries now they might have to buy batteries just to race this class. If they have to buy a nother lipo for a class that is secondary to them they might just not run the class at all. In the end I understand that its up to the local track but I really feel this is short sighted in the big picture.....IMO. Thanks for all the work on rebuilding the class rules....its a thankless job....but thank you for the result.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
If they have to buy a nother lipo for a class that is secondary to them they might just not run the class at all. In the end I understand that its up to the local track but I really feel this is short sighted in the big picture.....IMO. Thanks for all the work on rebuilding the class rules....its a thankless job....but thank you for the result.
Add to the fact that tires cost more than they do in their primary class and yeah, it becomes difficult to run RCGT as a second class.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Kevin, this is one of those things that I'm glad people are still talking about. There were many positive comments made toward limiting the batteries. Cost was the primary concern. Most drivers know the market pretty well. The 30c figure was thought to be the limit for the less expensive battery options. Once you go above that,cost seems to go up rapidly. So the question becomes "How can we help people enter the class at a reasonable cost based on ALL the necessary equipment".
On the other hand, you make a valid point. In the big picture, there's a point where by trying to solve one issue you create a bigger issue.

I'd like to ask the question openly again and see if this is worth revisiting.

Are we making to much of the "C" rating issue and actually making RCGT less accessible ?
Should we consider adopting a simple 5000mah limit?

Last edited by Evoracer; 06-24-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88

Im not trying to stir the pot or anything but would the wing that come with the hpi bodies be legal as long as they are painted?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Too bad those Zippy Flightmaxes aren't ROAR approved. Great performance, great price, sturdy construction... my 1 year old battery is just as strong and reliable as my 3 month old battery.
pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdsupra88 View Post
Im not trying to stir the pot or anything but would the wing that come with the hpi bodies be legal as long as they are painted?
TJ, I assume you're talking about the Lexan wing ?? If so, that would be up to race director to tech. Basically, we know there are certain cars with Lexan wings that are more like TC wings than "proportianate" realistic wings. The Elise comes to mind. That wing is HUGE !! Way to large and has a very TC like depth. A real wing would never look like that. And there's your best guide....Cut a lexan wing to be similar to most of the kit molded wings and you got it made.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #28
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
It would be great to get to hold some regionals in Florida and then have a good sized RCGT comp at the end. I know Mark is looking at RCGT for the FL. State series. That would be a great way to work with the new rules.
If Mark added GT I would try harder to run, that's for sure
Old 06-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
5. Motors/Esc's: Any 21.5 or 17.5 brushless motor/esc as shown on the ROAR Sportsman list. In addition, the Speed Passion Cirtix 21.5 and 17.5 are allowed.
So there are 2 classes 21.5 and 17.5 correct?

Evoracer - there is a good reason the SP Cirtix is NOT on the ROAR list yet.
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketron View Post
So there are 2 classes 21.5 and 17.5 correct?

Evoracer - there is a good reason the SP Cirtix is NOT on the ROAR list yet.
There are 2 AVAILABLE choices. My guess is that for those groups that have a good number of drivers or are growing, they'll make a 21.5 class and a 17.5 class available. You now have the LEGAL option to offer a slower version of RCGT. Its there if you need it or want it.

I think we're all aware of some "built in " timing issue with the Cirtix. Bottom line, It would be suicide to overlook it as a option. And as yet, nobody has been able to show defined examples of the Cirtix having any significant advantage.