Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mid-Motored TC3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

glide1,

lets sell our xray and buy the tc3 mid motor?
Old 07-07-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rice
glide1,

lets sell our xray and buy the tc3 mid motor?

noooooooo, just appreciating a promising design
Old 07-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi glide,
yep both propshafts are the same length, they are off a nitro car.pressume they are steel. they are just being used to run the car at the moment.

Ross
Old 07-08-2004, 10:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Very interesting project. I had an idea for something similar, but never got around to doing it....When does RCR plan on having "Project Moon Shot" available for sale? (or is it already?) I'd like to pick one up if the price is reasonable
Old 07-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi rcbuddha,
No firm plans on making it 'available' to the market. so far it is planned to have a few running locally/regionally and at the UK nationals.
So far this is the only one, but the parts are ready for the sister car apart from the chassis. This will have a few different parts, and will work in congunction to try out the many ideas that have been put on or possible to achieve with the chassis.

Ross
Old 07-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

So its definitely not out for the market for the reason that you would like to test its durability and stability design on the tracks and gear it right.. Ok you have your point.. So any pictures/video of the said project in tracks??.. I mean mid motor TC3 competing other top of the line kits including its previous succesor brother the TC3 itself??..
Old 07-10-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi wency,
At the moment it is just testing.
I will endevor to get some pics at the tracks. video not to sure.
Once the sister car is ready, the cars will be tested at more tracks, now that we know the car is reliable and works with no problems.

Ross
Old 07-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

ah ok.. tnx for the updates ross... just wan to know how much did it cost you to finish the TC3 sister?.. excluding the body shell and the electronics.. Only the customized chassis..
Old 07-16-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TTT, any update???
Old 07-16-2004, 10:35 AM
Suspended

Lightbulb TC3 mods.....

Over all I'm happy with my TC3. I feel it has a superior drivetrain over most any other car. But with any car, there are some drawbacks. As any one who races or has raced the TC3, we can all agree that the front end of the car is a little on the weak side, more specificly the front A-arms, and the front diff (or is it just me). Why couldn't some one redesign the front suspention to where it makes it a little more impact friendly? like maby use Losi or X-Ray arms, or have a double A-arm set up similair to the X-ray. I would pay top dollar for that because I could buy a brand new jeep for what I have had to dish out in A ams, hinge pins, and out drives.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Anything is possible. An NTC3 pivotball style suspension could easily be grafted to a TC3, but would it be worth the expense when a TC3 + conversion kit would cost well in excess of a new XRay T1?
Even if you had an existing TC3 you were just wanting to update, would you be willing to dump $100+ into some adapter plates and then still have to pick up the NTC3 parts? What I'm saying is that it is all doable, it's just a matter of doing. But is it worth it?
Old 07-18-2004, 08:24 PM
tornado

Default Re: TC3 mods.....

Originally posted by RcRacerX
Over all I'm happy with my TC3. I feel it has a superior drivetrain over most any other car. But with any car, there are some drawbacks. As any one who races or has raced the TC3, we can all agree that the front end of the car is a little on the weak side, more specificly the front A-arms, and the front diff (or is it just me). Why couldn't some one redesign the front suspention to where it makes it a little more impact friendly? like maby use Losi or X-Ray arms, or have a double A-arm set up similair to the X-ray. I would pay top dollar for that because I could buy a brand new jeep for what I have had to dish out in A ams, hinge pins, and out drives.
AE engineers had replied to our local distributor 'bout our similar complain like yours in 3 simple words. "Velocity Impact Loss".....or if read between the line "improve your driving buddy"!

Bryan

Old 07-18-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

rcx, ive raced my tc3 all year 2 times a week and i havent broken any of those parts. I think its your driving.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Mid motor tc3? Hmm sound very interesting. Would like to see those things race. I wonder if will out beat the normal tc3. well nice design!
Old 07-19-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

People keep mentioning the cost and I don't think it would be that expensive.

Knowing the company where Ross got his chassis made (that c/f weave is very familiar to UK racers! Fibrelyte?). I would say the top deck and chassis plate would be no more than £80-90. Although I suspect Ross will have asked that they only manafacture the chassis under his permission.

Schumacher battery straps aren't too much.

Yokomo motor mount, etc, should be more than £50

Propshafts, well I don't know there!

Good luck Ross anyway, it takes balls to make something like that and it looks like you've done a pretty decent job!

Will it be at the BRCA Modified national @ Stafford - 14th/15th August?

Liam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.