R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2004, 04:06 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay,WI
Posts: 3,006
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous
Default

im sure i could if i knew how to run one of those programs...lol
__________________
Geoff C.
R/C Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:31 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice
 
losispeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 76
Default

Looks like a great twist... Hope your not sending AE back to the drawing board....
losispeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:56 PM   #18
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,329
Send a message via AIM to Mike F
Default

very cool. Kinda reminds me of Losi's street weapon but this is definately nicer. Great job
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 05:25 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay,WI
Posts: 3,006
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous
Default

any date on the first production run?
__________________
Geoff C.
R/C Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:10 PM   #20
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,828
Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
any date on the first production run?
yea, supply Carbon Fiber and Machinery and will be up ASAP.
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:16 PM   #21
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Integy had a similar design, but it wasn't shaft, it was belt. The motor was mid mounted with the batts near the rear diffs similar to this design. The problem they had was too much weight at the rear wheels and they had problems with the car cornering fast, and understeering. If you guys build a prototype, I hope your design works better.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:17 PM   #22
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,828
Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Integy had a similar design, but it wasn't shaft, it was belt. The motor was mid mounted with the batts near the rear diffs similar to this design. The problem they had was too much weight at the rear wheels and they had problems with the car cornering fast, and understeering. If you guys build a prototype, I hope your design works better.
Hope so, Im an Xray guy so I cant give any testing thoughts unless i get a tc3(which i doubt)
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:18 PM   #23
Tech Elite
 
JDXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray
Default

true racing do you know if Xray is coming out with a shaft-driven car?
I already had T1R, and i think i am going to upgrade to a FK.
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:22 PM   #24
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,828
Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
true racing do you know if Xray is coming out with a shaft-driven car?
I already had T1R, and i think i am going to upgrade to a FK.
I really Don't know, Also why would I tell?. If i was you but Im not, Get a t1r used cheap. Buy a BMI 80$ chassis, Comes wtih topdeck and Chassis. The New Bulkheads... After all you will have a 3mm chassis(bling bling), Bulkheads, And a Good car for under 300$.
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:24 PM   #25
Tech Elite
 
JDXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray
Default

thanks true, but i just sold my T1R, and got some cash on my hands now. I will try the FK, and if it doesnt work out, i will take my bros, lol
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:24 PM   #26
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 256
Default

I hate to be the only negative comment here, but what are the real advantages to this design? What are you offering other then the 'wow' factor?

The way I see it, there are MANY shortcomings with the TC3, of which the chassis is NOT the most major.

I DO like the fact that you address the motor mounting scheme as I feel that is one of the major mechanical deficiencies of the car (along with the part tolerances - especially diff cases), and even the steering setup (I think the classica bell crank is a much better design) however, I just don't see the point.

On a positive note, that's some really good modeling. Did you do it in Pro/E?
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:24 PM   #27
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,828
Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
thanks true, but i just sold my T1R, and got some cash on my hands now. I will try the FK, and if it doesnt work out, i will take my bros, lol
factory will work. Whats better?
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:26 PM   #28
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,828
Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Griffin
I hate to be the only negative comment here, but what are the real advantages to this design? What are you offering other then the 'wow' factor?

The way I see it, there are MANY shortcomings with the TC3, of which the chassis is NOT the most major.

I DO like the fact that you address the motor mounting scheme as I feel that is one of the major mechanical deficiencies of the car (along with the part tolerances - especially diff cases), and even the steering setup (I think the classica bell crank is a much better design) however, I just don't see the point.

On a positive note, that's some really good modeling. Did you do it in Pro/E?
THere is no real advantages As in Weight distribution Etc. The only way find out is by testing it and comparing. The Modeling was done by Sammy on a Program called unigraphics i think it was. Only testing will see if this setup is better than Stock.
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:29 PM   #29
Tech Elite
 
JDXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray
Default

True, why dont they put the batteries in front? i think it might be better because than your going to have more weight to the front, helping suspension, in my opinion. Just a thought.
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:30 PM   #30
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,828
Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
True, why dont they put the batteries in front? i think it might be better because than your going to have more weight to the front, helping suspension, in my opinion. Just a thought.
no room lol
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your Thoughts on Which Dual Motored MT? Tremelle Monster Trucks 5 04-08-2006 09:12 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:23 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net