R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Fast setup - Need help - GTB/3.5R - brushless

Hi everyone,

I'm looking around for a fast brushless setup to replace my current brushed setup (tekin g10 esc with 6 turn motor).

I was looking around and I found the Novak 4.5R motor. Is this one of the fastest brushless motors out right now? Can I pair this up with the Novak GTB ESC? What batteries are recommended for this setup? I'm assuming the chassis should be able to handle the speed as well...I have a TC4 Factory Edition 1/10 scale. I was also thinking about grabbing a Losi XXX-4 for this setup as well...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited by ddzc; 06-22-2010 at 11:58 AM.
ddzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
Tech Master

The 4.5 burhsless is a HUGE amount of power. It will blitz your 6 turn brushed. I haven't run the Novak, but they make fair gear. I doubt the GTB will be up to the task though.
I run Tekin gear, but don't buy into the whole manufacturer war. Anything by Novak, Tekin, LRP, Team Wave, and even Hobbywing now, will be good. Not sure if I missed anyone!
What air temps do you run in, and is it indoor or outdoor?

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the reply...I just noticed, they have a 3.5R motor! http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...tem/index.html

It looks like it can be paired with the GTB...unless you recommend something better?

I want to run it outdoor - 30 degree C/86 degree F for the summer..then I would want to run it indoors on carpet, but I'll swap the motor for maybe a 10.5 because it would be too fast for a track..I think.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys,

I read some stories of batteries and esc's melting with this setup due to inproper gear ratios and battery types. If I run a GTB with a 3.5R, what type of gearing is recommended for the TC4? Also, which batteries are most recommended for this setup for optimum performance and max run time?

Thanks