R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #106
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
I was waiting for Xray to go to twin bellcrank steering. HB have gone that way too. Wonder why Hagberg and Paul L were not running it?
I know that it was recently tested over here, but result wasn't very good. Maybe they still need to work on it.
lochness42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #107
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default No bel crank change I hope.

I think the only reason they do that is to make more room for the electronics. I would like to see an aluminum one just the way they have it now. Besides there is plenty of room with the current design.

What I like are Tamiya's toe blocks. They are nice and sleek and the insides are one piece design mounted with two screws. It allows flex and is something Xray should have used.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #108
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
I think the only reason they do that is to make more room for the electronics. I would like to see an aluminum one just the way they have it now. Besides there is plenty of room with the current design.

What I like are Tamiya's toe blocks. They are nice and sleek and the insides are one piece design mounted with two screws. It allows flex and is something Xray should have used.
Someone explain the advantage of going to the dual bellcrank system, as I run both cars, and the Xrays system is far more easier for adjusting.

The 2 screw T blocks are nice but are a bugger to shim if you want to adjust rc, again Xray one piece is much improved item, I'm having a hard time to understand how 1 or 2 pce mount changes chassiss flex
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #109
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
I was waiting for Xray to go to twin bellcrank steering. HB have gone that way too. Wonder why Hagberg and Paul L were not running it?
Because it didn't work !!!

Martin and the other driver were down in the f or g finals and hadburg and paul were in the A with the original T3
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #110
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Someone explain the advantage of going to the dual bellcrank system, as I run both cars, and the Xrays system is far more easier for adjusting.

The 2 screw T blocks are nice but are a bugger to shim if you want to adjust rc, again Xray one piece is much improved item, I'm having a hard time to understand how 1 or 2 pce mount changes chassiss flex
you no longer have a post connecting the top deck and the chassis, that allows flex

it also has less 'slop' because the little round holes in the chassis and top deck are not wearing every run

Tamiya uses it and won the worlds
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #111
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
you no longer have a post connecting the top deck and the chassis, that allows flex

it also has less 'slop' because the little round holes in the chassis and top deck are not wearing every run

Hagberg had the fastest run of qualifying with the single post setup. It just seems like a matter of opinion and driving style which one you prefer.
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post

But the post is on the cl of the chassis which is the point of least lateral flex, with for and aft flex both system are effected the same, also if the holes are prepped proper on assembly they don't loosen up, and the post also has some float to it between the bearings so....................interesting theory.

Yes I know that it was used on the winning car,could have been some talent involved there too though, lol.

No arguments here just would like some clarification as I just don't see a advantage of one over the other, teach me.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #113
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
But the post is on the cl of the chassis which is the point of least lateral flex, with for and aft flex both system are effected the same, also if the holes are prepped proper on assembly they don't loosen up, and the post also has some float to it between the bearings so....................interesting theory.

Yes I know that it was used on the winning car,could have been some talent involved there too though, lol.

No arguments here just would like some clarification as I just don't see a advantage of one over the other, teach me.
not arguing either

If you think the center post has no effect, try running the extra front center post, right behind the steering, on low grip track, then run with it and tell me you can't feel it
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #114
Tech Elite

Default I personally would rather have the servo mounted like it

is now. I hate the servo horn hanging off the side of the car, but the big thing is I love how easy it is to adjust ackerman. If they could keep the same design with out connecting it to the chassis and upper deck I would support it. Or better yet leave design the steering rack with the post/no post flex option. With my 008 it did suck running the car without the post, the car just felt like mush and loss a lot of steering. It did on carpet anyway.

As far as the one two piece suspension blocks a two screw design is better like the Tamiya. It may be a pain to shim, but it's nice to have the option of flex with the one and two piece available. I'm sure that's why Mark opted for the two piece at the worlds. As strong as some are claiming I don't trust the Xray two piece. I don't want to buy another $100 chassis.

I race VTA so a stronger diff design don't make me any difference. I'm sure the pro mod guys would like something stronger, but I guess that means going to diff gears. lol At least that's what the talk is all about.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #115
Tech Elite

Default Anyone know if light Xray cvds and axles....

work on a Tamiya? I'm interested in the 416, but I have a lot of xray parts. I just want an updated Xray with the norm design features other than the servo position changed. Looking forward to the new car.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:43 AM   #116
Tech Elite

Default Any insider news on the new Xray?

I'm sticking with my sorce, many changes coming. 416X? lol
Old 08-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #117
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
i As strong as some are claiming I don't trust the Xray two piece. I don't want to buy another $100 chassis.

I race VTA so a stronger diff design don't make me any difference.
Surely if your running VTA you shouldn't be reaching speeds that can damage a chassis that much

Still think the new car will be shaft drive?

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #118
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Surely if your running VTA you shouldn't be reaching speeds that can damage a chassis that much

Still think the new car will be shaft drive?

Skiddins
I think buying every new xray that's released is excatly what VTA is not about, lol, I bet he gets spanked by TC3s which is why he wants a shaft drive.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #119
Tech Elite

Default Well, I've not purchased a new TC since the Xray008.

I've been out of racing for some time now. Personally, I'm waiting to see the new Xray car. There's nothing cheap about RC. lol It's still cost you about $800 to race even VTA today.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #120
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Did you read this?
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...0Worlds%202010

It sounds like they have tested a few things, but it doesn't sound like major changes are in store, looks like the dual bellcrank will be a option for those that like it.