R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-05-2001, 06:22 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Angry Glitching Problem

I had a major glitching problem runing my TC3 the past weekend at the National. I changed radio, crystals, servo and speed control and the glitching didn't go away. Is it possible the motors would cause the radio to glitch. I tried 2 MVP and one seems to glitch more than the other.

Thanks
Joe
JChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 06:25 PM   #2
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Were you running all three caps with two of them soldered to the same point on the motor can? Seems like you tried everything else I can think of. When you say you changed the radio, did that include the reciever? Those are my only thoughts.
Old 09-05-2001, 06:35 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

I started with 2 caps which I think it was a big mistakes. Then I put on one more caps and it got better. I tried using my Nitro car's radio, 3 different recievers and a different servo and the glitching was still there. IS it possible my digital servo causes it to glitch? I use a M8, KO 2143 and Novak Cyclone.

Thanks
Joe
Old 09-05-2001, 06:39 PM   #4
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know a few people who use digital units with no change in radio singnal quality. Sorry, but I must say, I am out of ideas. Have you had the problems since you returned from the event? Have you tried standing the reciiever on its side? As you can see I'm grasping for straws here!
Old 09-05-2001, 06:45 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

I will tried it this weekend and let you know.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2001, 06:58 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

As far as Motor Caps are concerned....doesn't the MVp come with the 3 caps alread in the endbell like the GM3 and the Fantom GM3? I have a Fantom GM3 and have no caps on my motor that I had to solder on. Did I forget to solder the Caps on?

Mike Webb
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 07:33 PM   #7
Regional Moderator

JChan : Try Modified Motor, if the glitches gone you know what's your problem then... Stock Motor's sparks can promote glitch.
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 10:01 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_Webb
As far as Motor Caps are concerned....doesn't the MVp come with the 3 caps alread in the endbell like the GM3 and the Fantom GM3? I have a Fantom GM3 and have no caps on my motor that I had to solder on. Did I forget to solder the Caps on?

Mike Webb
You need caps on your MVP........ it is made be Reedy.....

Now your GM3 has Caps build in......... it is made by trinty
now your Fantom Gm3 is build by trinty and tweeked by Fantom

hope that helped

Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 10:04 PM   #9
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Is your reviever wire touching any graphite?? That could be causing the problem. Is your reviever near the motor if so move it as fare away as possible. Appart from that and the ones already I have no idea. Orion and trinity have surface caps, don't think reedy does as Wolverine said.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 10:11 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

Thanks guys. One of the guys at my track took silicon tubing and put it on the exposed wire that leads to the antena holder so that it doesn't touch the Chassis on his XXX-S. The way he has his receiver mounted was flat and he had glitches. He then stood it up on its side and the antena wire comes out of the reciever by the servo and then runs backwards to the holder. He also has two pieces of double sided tape under the receiver holding it to the chassis. Hope this may give you a idea.

Mike Webb
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 10:33 PM   #11
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to M Ignacio

Rc Car Mag. Had a great article on radio glitching. All the idea's you guys mentioned were mentioned in the Rc Car Mag article. More power to you guys.
M Ignacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 10:40 AM   #12
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Problem with the article is that they mentioned everything but the motor. With the reedy cans there seems to be a problem with some units not grounding the the retainer ring in the can. In other words the ring isn't getting good contact with the can when you tighten the endbell down. I've had to grind the paint off where the ring pushes up against the tabs on the can that hold the ring in. The best way to remove some paint there is to use a dremel cut off wheel and just scuff it up a little. If you still glitch with a P2k then you know it's not the MVP. I'm assuming also you wipe the magnets off and cut your comm every so often too.
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote