My tamiya America TT-01 has a problem.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My tamiya America TT-01 has a problem.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default My tamiya America TT-01 has a problem.

My car (a TT-01 Tamiya America) car has a problem. My problem is: The car cannot turn it's wheels, go forward or backward and the engine will not budge. as soon as I turn the car on the ESC starts flashing a red light and beeping. Please tell me what I should do. Thank you very much for reading this post and please respond.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pie1148
My car (a TT-01 Tamiya America) car has a problem. My problem is: The car cannot turn it's wheels, go forward or backward and the engine will not budge. as soon as I turn the car on the ESC starts flashing a red light and beeping. Please tell me what I should do. Thank you very much for reading this post and please respond.
Your receiver is not getting a signal. That's what the beeping usually means. Be sure you have batteries in your transmitter and your transmitter and receiver are on the same frequency. You also need to make sure you plugged in both harnesses from the ESC to the receiver. The two wire one is for power to the receiver and it is required. What radio are you using?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Rookie

I am using a HiTEC AM agressor.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

sounds like the speed controller isnt configuered. If its a Tamiya TEU 101BK esc then it should have a instruction manual for it.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

I looked at the manual but it has no helpful information and I tried to configure it but it still made the beeping sound.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

try putting the red plug in on a different side of the batt part of the receiver. or turn it upside down..
one of those 4 positions will work.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Rookie

I tried and it didn't work
Old 06-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Problem may lie with the receiver then. Does that radio and receiver work in any ther vehicle?
The beeping and red flashing means the tamiya speed control is not getting power

Last edited by monkee; 06-09-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Red face Electronics issues!!!

O.k. lets keep it real simple. If you have a voltmeter, see if you have voltage coming out of the power wire from the esc to the receiver. If you have power then its the receiver if you have no power coming out then it the esc. Your actually better off getting an aftermarket electronics but if it's brand new then call Tamiya America and I'm sure they will send a new receiver and esc at no charge or if you live in So. Cal. just take it too them and they'll set it up for you, I'm sure at no charge! Their customer service is very good, as long as you call them after lunch when they have a full tummy!
Just my 2$
Old 06-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Voltmeters? Doubt he has a voltmeter as he's probably new to RC.

Check if both your transmitter and reciever are on, and all the wires are fully connected.

Check if the JST plugs (3 pins, i.e. 3 wires usually red black and a white.) that come out of your esc is facing the right way, and in the right hole. (channel 1 for servo, channel 2 for esc. and auxiliary output for the +/- leads if you have em.)

Check if the crystals on your Transmitter and reciever have not come loose and are of a matching frequency.

Check if the positive and negative wires coming out of your motor (that connects to the ESC) are connected properly.

Check whether all the solder joints are still intact by pulling lightly on each of the wires and seeing whether they've come off. (rather unnecessary, but shit happens, right?)

Then reset your ESC
Here's how
1. Turn on transmitter and reset ALL the trims to NEUTRAL

2. Turn on your car, if the beeping continues then Redo the checks stated above ^.

3. If the esc turns on, press and hold the esc's reset button until the light comes on ONCE and the ESC beeps ONCE. (the esc will continue to flash continuously until you do the next step. example = 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0)

4. On your transmitter, Pull the trigger into FULL THROTTLE.
Then press and hold the esc's reset button again until it beeps again. (This time the number of flashes will increase to twice. example = 00 - 00 - 00 - 00)

5. On your transmitter, push the trigger into FULL REVERSE, and press the esc's reset button once again. Now, the esc's LED should not blink at all and your car should do what you want it to, provided you're using the transmitter, of course.

After having done all these and nothing helps, something's probably spoiled so get a friend and test your electronics one by one on HIS car. If one lone piece of electronic doesn't work, then you have the culprit. Proceed to bludgeon the p.o.s. to a small pile of plastic granules then melt the s.o.b. and create a sculpture in it's honour.

Just my 0.2c worth. Quite alot, huh.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Rookie

None of this has worked and I am getting a new ECS tomorrow.