Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro Trak

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Nismo,

Phil and I are working on that, we will know better nearer the time that it's available but I do know that to go to 30A and the blue display is not cheap as the parts are expensive. I'd also imagine you would want to go to the new case Assy also?

I'll make it known when the info is available on this forum but you can e-mail me any time about anything else. at the address below.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Thats kool. I might hit you up for an upgrade to the newest version in the mean time. How much for the upgrades except the 30amp up grade? Besides I don't need to discharge my batteries at 30amp anyway.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

I got a few questions. First off nice charger it has lots of features. The question I have is, does the charger have a motor run feature? If not, is there a plan to add that? Second who distributes this unit in the states? I plan to be in the market for a high end charger in 6-12 months. Thanks much.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nismo,

$57.00 will get you the latest software, some internal hardware replacement, the unit calibrated and tested and return shipping to you. To accurately calibrate the unit I do need the cell monitoring leads that were supplied with the unit.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

There is an option motor stand that you have to buy to run a motor. Crimson eagle does all the selling and servicing for them.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Kool. As soon as we are done with the TCS here in Memphis, I'll send it to you. Gives me enough time before our next race.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ess,

The charger does have a motor run in feature, an accesory is required to use this which is approximately $60 shipped (varies with tax requirement and exchange rate).

I do all that you would need in the States, supply, tech support, upgrade repair etc.

I've known Phil for about 8 or 9 years, we raced together for a some time while I was still in England. At the turn of this year I offered my services as I now live in the US, this provided a great opportunity for both of us, he accepted and this is where we are right now.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sounds good Nismo, drop me an e-mail when you are ready.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:46 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I experience the following problem:
I charge a 3300mAh battery at 5amps. At the end of the charge the informative message
indicates that the battery has received well more than 3300mAh and sometimes this value may exceed the 4000mAh.
I have set the peak value to 0.03. When I discharge the battery the information shown indicates a capacity of less than the value
shown when charging. The point is that the difference is usually greater than 300mAh.
I have gone throught the calibration procedure several times but I still experience the same problem.
The batteries have been bought a year ago and have been used regularly, around twice a week.
Any ideas why this occurs?

Thank you

Nick
Old 05-19-2004, 04:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Just my guess....

Unfortunately the batteries aren't 100% efficient, so although the Protrak delivered 4000mAh to the pack, unfortunately some of that is lost as heat etc. Likewise on discharge some of the stored power is lost as heat etc. So what comes out won't ever equal what you put in.

So a difference of 400 over 4000 mAh is an efficiency of 90% - not bad considering you lose on both the charge and the discharge.

After I've used the conditioning tray to bring the cells down to 0v the mAh going in can be in the high 4000s, when you discharge you may be only going down to 6v so you'll never see all of the 4000 back.

...Like I say just a guess...
Old 05-19-2004, 04:49 AM
Shop Owner

Of course the batteries arenot effiecent any more. I have them 1 year!

Same batteries charged on other chargers produce more normal numbers.

That's why I think there must be a problem with my protrak.

Other people's batteries on their protrak produce normal numbers as well

Thank you

Nick
Old 05-19-2004, 04:53 AM
Tech Addict

Nick

I had a similar problem with my Pro-trak, I was at a race meeting where Phil was and he fixed it for me by changing one of the offset parameters. Apparently this was done on purpose to enable user upgrades rather than having t return the unit to Phil.

Sorry I can't remember the details but the problem is easily fixable.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:59 AM
Shop Owner

I'm sure that it is something easy to fix. I just don;t know what to do!

I have sent an email to Phil, but he must out on race since I haven'r got any reply, and since I saw this thread I thought I should mention it here and someone might help me!

Nick
Old 05-19-2004, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Nick

From the pro-trak web site:

User upgrading

If you purchase a ROM from us to upgrade from a version less than 10.14 to a newer version you will need to set Calibration offset 17 to a value of 8. This will correct the charge current scaling factor within Pro-Trak to the older value used by earlier versions.

If Calibration offset 17 is not set to 8 then the charge current will be incorrect (normally lower than indicated on Pro-Trak) and charge capacities of > 5000mA will be recorded.

Pro-Traks that are returned to us for upgrade have the charge calibrated for the higher charge current (12 amp) and Calibration offset 17 with have a value of 10.

This facility was included to allow overseas customers to upgrade from a version less that 10.14 to a newer version without the expense of returning the unit to us for upgrade.

Setting Calibration offset 17

Scroll down to Setup and press 0

Scroll down to Set Cal Figures and press 0

Scroll to offset 17 and enter the value required.

Press key 7 to exit.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:35 AM
Shop Owner

Thanks John for the time and effort!

I'm not sure what is the value of the offset 17. I'll check it when I go home.

It might got screwed since I had some problems of not keeping the settings some time ago!

Thanks again

Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.