Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To My Fantasy World Friends.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default To My Fantasy World Friends.......

Hey, hows racing? right now I am stuck in Iraq, with the same car that beat a novice gas main, once! I kinda converted it to a some what a rally car, but where I am at (an destroyed airstrip) I am trying to get some run times in on a makeshift course I built. However what ticks me off is that in my barracks in Schweinfurt, lies a R/C electric track built on a rubber cork tennis court! Talk about mad traction!
The Germans don't like it much when I fire up the Yokomo GT4 where I live, they say it's too loud. Anyway if the wifey hook me up I will have the yoke rebuilt; Had an "accident" just before deployment. Showing off the car for some other R/C guys and hit a dip in the road! As the car cartwheeled, I just seen parts just flying off! Iam working on aluminum parts as we speak to prevent further mishaps.

I requested reassignment back to Ft. Lewis, so I can at least put a couple of wins in my column, for both novice gas and electric! I am wondering though, Has Dave began stocking thre R40? Someone hit me up, cause I am in the market for one.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:32 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hi Gundamwzero
I might be able hook you up...I don't who you are and when was the last time you race at the FW? Franko
Old 05-11-2004, 03:33 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Oop I forgot Yes YBD do stock the R40 and spares parts too
Old 05-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Hey!!!! glad to hear from you Franko!!! It is Me, Rodney! I am looking for another nitro car (the Yokomo took a rather bad cartwheel during a exhibition run here in Germany just before I left for Iraq) I have been eyeing the R40 since HPI debuted the car with the RS4 Pro4. It is gonna cost me more to bulletproof the Yokomo than to buy the R40, So I am in contact with Dave to buy one. But Hows racing there?
Old 05-12-2004, 11:12 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Hi rodney
Man the FW is growing big and more to come
Wish you could just drive up to FW and race there every weekend I know I would like that
Old 05-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

You don't know how much I would like that right about now......I tyring to get reassigned back to Lewis so I can just race again! I trying to find of if Dave would let me buy an R40 from him and ship it to Germany. I gotta show the Germans a thing or two about Picco Power! I got the Credit card (no real use for it here in iraq) i can buy it anytime..... He just gotta ship it.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:32 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Hey Zero
Right now YBD is taking a vacation and he will be back next two weeks..I don't think that the Dave will have any problem sending the stuff to you in Germany
Old 05-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

good to see something is keeping you sane in iraq. just remember treat the iraqis with respect i'm pritty sure they have gone through more than anyone can fathom!
Old 05-12-2004, 10:52 PM

hey rodney, long time no see, novice, don't remember you running novice, thought you were faster then that.
so hows it going over there, hope your in a safe, well one of the safer places. hang tough, and see you home soon.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default delivery to germany

Hey,

Delivering it to Germany should be no problem. Your stationed there (in germany that is), you should have an APO box number. If this is the case, USPS will ship anything to you. I know becuase mail order has become my best friend since living here in Deutschland (aka land of the anal muffins). You don't have to worry about customs taxes or anything like that. It is just like sending it to NY city. Same price and all... and this is becuase from NYC a military airplane hauls the mail, and then it is distributed via military assigned USPS personnel. At least this is how it is run in the Air Force. I'm almost 100% sure its the same for you.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

I am trying to get the R40 though Dave...... I have dealt with him and cars over time and I've grown to trust him. Problem is I want to buy the R40 and ship it via APO, and dave doesn't ship that way. I have enough money to buy at least 4 at his price ( desert combat, and hazardous duty pay has been kind to me) and I want to buy only through him.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Oh really

Well how about you buy an extra one and send it me. :-)

Nah, ok well good luck to you. The R40 does look sweet.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:38 AM

rodney. would you want it shipped to the wife in germany or to iraq, pm me (have you figured that out yet). on the top of this post click pm and it will take you to a different page where you can right a note direct to me, kinda like email. anyway, pm me your address. as far as i remember all i have to do, is wrap it, take it to the post office. put your apo or fpo address on it and send it. i'll see if YBD will front it and you can pay him later or take up a collection from the guys to buy it for it you. also would you like it pre built so you don't loose any screws in the sand. lets us know.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:41 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Hey Rodney
Where is the girl you promise me,I'm still waiting for her I hope that she is pretty like your wife hurry back man I want to beat you again in racing
Old 05-15-2004, 01:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by OVA
Hey Rodney
Where is the girl you promise me,I'm still waiting for her I hope that she is pretty like your wife hurry back man I want to beat you again in racing
Oh yeah!! I forgot! Her name is Valentina (everyone calles her Tina). She is a Nurse that lives in my wifes town, of Elba, Al. ( In fact, she is my wife's sister-in-law, but she is divorced and my wife still claims her as her sister in law) She is light-skinned (like my wife), very loving, and kind. Problem is that I (well, my wife and I agreed) she'll never leave Alabama. But we both knows she needed a better man than her ex-husband. You should have mentioned something before I left! we could've tried to convince her to move some place better, like Washington.

Don't worry about racing me, you'll all get your chance to inprove your stats when I get back . Then again, I might suprise you all.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.