R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #76
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Although used, I ended up picking one up anyways. lol.
jaggededge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #77
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photocycler View Post
any owners of this car can you comment on whether you regretted not buying the T3 and what parts you upgraded
I own (2) T3-2010 cars and the only upgrade was ECS shafts and a spec-r gear diff. for high bite tracks. You will NOT need to upgrade anything on an XRAY. Sorry My cars are not T3R'S but like I said earlier besides turnbuckles and sway bars you're set!
Bonadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #78
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to robsryd

Hey all,
I purchased a T3R about 3 months ago and am about to race it for the first time either this sat. or next sat. When I do I will post my feelings about the car. Just for thought, I have been running a TC5 for two years with lousy results. I am not the best driver considering that I do not get much opportunity to drive, but I am expecting great things. I did upgrade the front shafts to ecs type and used Lundsford turnbuckles, and dust covers for the rear diff. I will be running timing boost (Tekin) with a Boss Motorsports tuned 17.5. rubber tire on carpet. I'm very exited, can't wait.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:19 AM   #79
Tech Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to ghiro

I've been driving the T3R since september in outdoor tracks with rubbers and a GM Genius90 12T Delta motor (like a 7.5/8.5T star motor) it's an awesome car,easy to drive and fast to learn,just got it to give it a try and see if i could be any good racing.
I'm ,so
i've just ordered the 2011 with alu shock bodies,H1's and a full set of bars an d3 pieces CVD's and some goodies but i cannot find the code for the gear differential. Any help ?
Is it worth using 3pieces cvd's with a spool on arubber tire car? Any feedback?
A little Sedan noob feedback: front spool broke easily on a side impact,it happened to many owners of T3R's as well as others with T3 2010 and T2R .
Old 11-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #80
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

been running my T3r and finishing behind EA with his 2011 only off 3 tenths a lap so I would probably be off just as much with a 2011.

The only updates I would say are for sure got to haves are 305324 DRIVE SHAFT 52MM HUDY SPRING STEEL in the front as you will break the alum 52mm front axles and 305328 ALU DRIVE SHAFT SWISS 7075 T6 - HARD COATED - 50MM unless you shim out the back so the 52mm do not bind in the diff. and the other thing is getting the 306515-K T3 ALU LOW TOP DECK MOUNT - BLACK (2)
I had my steering rack pop out in a hard wreck with the flex of the fiberglass top plate.

still beating everybody but EA else at my track when I keep my head out of my rear.

http://results.rc50.com/Thunder_RC_N...TC_A-Main.html
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #81
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've been testing my T3R on asphalt and this thing is Glued! I previously had a tired old T2'008 and i just could not get the rear end planted. i thought it might be better with fresh shocks, but i just could not justify paying around 100 bucks for 4 new ones. There hasn't been a track in my area for some time, so i didnt want to go all out on a T3 that would not be raced frequently so the T3r was the next best thing for my needs. anyway i built the the car and used my 008 spring steel driveshafts, and turnbuckles making a pretty sweet little ride. The difference was night and day handling wise from my 008 and now i'm...well i wouldn't say struggling with understeer as it's not too bad, but i'm right in the zone setup wise. i would say my style will have to change slightly to adapt to the new car but it's so much fun to have a car that acts right. So overall i'm very happy with the purchase and would recommend the T3R to anyone getting started or even the casual racer.

Last edited by spyder8c; 11-12-2010 at 07:37 AM.
spyder8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #82
Tech Elite

ran my T3r in practice last night with 4.11 fdr duo3 full timing and roar spec o on esc. caught up to EAs lap times with a 12.8 but it's a hard drive. going to work on shocks and see if I can make it smooth but still steer hard.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #83
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to robsryd

Yeah, this machine is bad a$$! Totally glued. This was the first time I actually had to shave off traction, holy cow, the best drive ever! CAN"T WAIT to go racing again, I'm finally having fun!!! Awesome,Awesome,Awesome!
Old 11-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #84
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Hello, anyone have a T3R for sale if so please shoot me a PM.
Big Midget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #85
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
ran my T3r in practice last night with 4.11 fdr duo3 full timing and roar spec o on esc. caught up to EAs lap times with a 12.8 but it's a hard drive. going to work on shocks and see if I can make it smooth but still steer hard.
We love our T3R's. We have 3. Its a great buy and handles very good indeed. The ony thing we have done to them is ECS front universal (and the new C hubs) and some springs changes and sway bars.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:54 AM   #86
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
In my first race with the car I drove the 3 qualified T3R to a 3rd place finish. In the A-main part of the video (5:30), one of the crashes in the last minute of the race (9:35), somebody hit me hard enough to break the battery stop, and cut the strapping tape. After that I thought my car had a nasty tweak, but it was the battery doing the tweaking.

the T3R had:
Heavily used, grained 36 fr/27 rr rubber tires (came with the car as a roller)
hobbywing 35a ESC and 13t 380 size motor in a 540 size can ($60 total!)

vs

t2009 sphere/x12 7.5t, foams
rdx tekin/checkpoint 7t brushed, foams
tc5 4.5t, foams
tc5 tekin/trinity 6t, foams

So, no complaints!

Last edited by gacjr0; 12-17-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: wrong car
gacjr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #87
Tech Elite

ran my T3r this weekend again qualified 3rd infront of 5 or 6 2011s out of 20 total cars and only got 2 qualifers in on a new layout to do it. was off a little in the main only finished 4 out of 7 but like I said can't go wrong with the car and just a few upgrades in the 52mm spring steel front axles but still running none adjustable rods and no swaybars.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #88
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
ran my T3r this weekend again qualified 3rd infront of 5 or 6 2011s out of 20 total .
Nice!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #89
Suspended

I just picked up a new T3R yesterday and it came with the top and bottom chassis in carbon new for $250, do you think I scored on that deal
s.l.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #90
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.l.c. View Post
I just picked up a new T3R yesterday and it came with the top and bottom chassis in carbon new for $250, do you think I scored on that deal
Depends on if your gonna race it on high grip or low grip surface...