Kyosho's New Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho's New Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Well, how many ways can you design a shaft car? Batteries on the left or on the right, shaft in the middle, blah blah.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by forty6
Well, how many ways can you design a shaft car? Batteries on the left or on the right, shaft in the middle, blah blah.
Exactly, all of the shaft cars look alike because they are proven to perform in that layout.

Is it just me, or does it look like there is very little room for electronics?
Old 05-13-2004, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Randy Caster
Exactly, all of the shaft cars look alike because they are proven to perform in that layout.

Maybe that is why they didn't put a speedo and rx on the display model. No place to put it. Seriously though, it does look tight in there.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster

You're right...compared to the Pro4...there's very little room for the electronics...
Old 05-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

nice japanese look to it design wise with parts support!!!
Old 05-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'd give it a try if the price doesn't go beyond the KX-1's when it first came out ($400 for a car isn't consumer friendly at all!)

Or maybe wait 2 yrs and see the price plummet down at Tower Hobbies from "only for the rich guys can afford" to "here take it... it's practically FREE!"
Old 05-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I do like the really thick carbon chassis. I would love to see one in person.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Red face

B,

I agree with there. Also, I wished they designed new streering knuckles instead of re-using the goofy ones with those alum extenders (see shs04070.jpg) from the previous KX-One. That was one of my gripes when I had the KX-One.

Originally posted by B
heh, kyosho's policy of "reuse and recycle" is back again.

That gearbox looks awfully similar to that on the FW05R
Old 05-13-2004, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Excuse me, but I find it boring. Yet another typically shaft car. And it aint adjustable in the camber links compartment at all.
Actually, if you look close at the camber link, it looks like there may be a second hole on the bulkhead and they're vertical mounting. That'll give you a ton of roll center adjustments. But I do agree, it's boring.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

wow. i was probably more excited over this thread than any other "new chassis" thread to date. well, it's accurate to say that the excitement vanished quickly.

after seeing what they were toying with last year, i was optimistic that they would have been extremely innovative with this offering. i have had three kxone's, and not at the "rich guys only" price. they are so fun to look at. that was something to be proud of, if not from it's performance, but from it's originality.

cole - i have made the same observation about the conservativism that follows unsuccessful originality. too bad.

i wouldn't even think of using this car over the new evo4 to be released. currently i have a barracuda and i would only consider trading it in for another shaft car if it had aluminum bulkheads. just my thoughts. then again, i don't run outdoors. that's a big difference.

oh well, props to those who found the pics. rctech is on top of it!
Old 05-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs down

yep, upon mild scrutiny, the most boring on-road car ever to be released.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I can't beleve I am hearing this, a car has to look good to run good. I have seen a lot of good looking chassis and they handle like sh@###t may be the simplicty of this chassis will work? or not ? but you guys fall for anything make it shine and it's fine.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Folks, I think this was more of a experiment/prototype than anything else. The website that provided these pictures mentioned using parts from the FW-05 chassis and it being a "reference product." I think they just raid the parts bin and put something together to gage interest out there.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah too much window shopping going on here. I posted a pre-production picture of the FW05R into the NTC3 forum and the hating began. Too ugly, etc, etc. But when the car became available the winning began. At least give it a chance guys. A pretty or innovative car is good for chassis lovers, a fast car is what sells units.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

When BMI came out with tc3 Convo Kit people Flamed it saying it wouldn't work. Look now, BMI is one of the Top after Market Company with tons of great driver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.