Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
DIY Battery zapper plans >

DIY Battery zapper plans

DIY Battery zapper plans

Old 05-13-2004, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default DIY Battery zapper plans

I am look for plans for a battery zapper i can build at home. I found 2 sets of plans so far. 1 is from Magellan Technologies. I have attached a pic and the other was from a past thread. I can make out a lot of the figures on the one i have attached. Can any one help by sending me a set of drawings. I am looking for a commercial one that will be used to zap raw or virgin cells NOT to revive old cells.

Thanks a lot
Attached Thumbnails DIY Battery zapper plans-zappersch.jpg  
Old 05-13-2004, 01:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default Another set of plans

This is the other set i managed to find.
Attached Thumbnails DIY Battery zapper plans-zapper_big.gif  
Old 05-13-2004, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: DIY Battery zapper plans

Originally posted by Yokomo Aust
I am look for plans for a battery zapper i can build at home. I found 2 sets of plans so far. 1 is from Magellan Technologies. I have attached a pic and the other was from a past thread. I can make out a lot of the figures on the one i have attached. Can any one help by sending me a set of drawings. I am looking for a commercial one that will be used to zap raw or virgin cells NOT to revive old cells.

Thanks a lot
Dude just get one from Apex racing or something i got one of those cheap and they do the job.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

The schematic you refered to will not work. I would guess it was intentionally drawn with errors to prevent people copying it, hence the disclaimer on the web site. I can see how it is intended to work though, if the errors are corrected.

I highly suggest you avoid trying to create a zapper unless you are very familiar with electrical wiring and circuitry. A incorrectly connected bank of capacitors of 40,000uf charged to 90v could be a DEADLY mistake.. No joke.

We can build you a zapper but it will not be cheap..
Old 05-15-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Pricerange?
Old 05-16-2004, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks For your input

I work with a guy that knows all about electronics and i have got him looking over the plans. I am getting him to make the more basic one first. I myself know nothing about electronics. I am hoping the basic one is enough to make up some tired cells. Then i will lok at something to zap new cells from GP and match them myself. But that is much further down the track. Thanks for your offer to build me one. I know they can be big $$$$'s. Thats why i am researching it now. See there is now one here in Aust that matched cells.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Do you have your Zappper photo ?
Old 05-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by PizzaDude
Pricerange?
That completely depends on what your looking for features you're interested in (Reversal protection, a unit capable zapping more then one cell at a time, capacitance of the unit, etc) If you are anyone else is seriously interested, send me an email at [email protected]
Old 05-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

just out of curiosity, is there any difference between zapping machines for zapping nicads and nihd batteries?