R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2013, 01:40 AM   #886
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

im running the same gear diff and same gears for almost two years now. 13.5 and 17.5
its all about how well you shim the diff up.
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:50 AM   #887
Tech Elite
 
Dan the Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Perth, W.A
Posts: 2,006
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Damn, see this is the thing. I've read this entire thread and for every post saying they're junk there's another one say it's just how you shim/tighten/goop them and they'll last until the Second Coming of Masami
__________________
|--|Hot Bodies Pro 5|-●-|The "F109X"|--|

If you don't have clean bearings, good transmission and a perfect car, trust me when I say this...someone else does.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:10 AM   #888
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,696
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
Damn, see this is the thing. I've read this entire thread and for every post saying they're junk there's another one say it's just how you shim/tighten/goop them and they'll last until the Second Coming of Masami
And that is the reality of it Dan, mileage varies for lots of people with lots of different products. All i can say is that generally there are local factors that are likely to be influencing things more so than the product being dodgy.

GSM Storm races on the same tracks as i do here in Brisbane, and he is getting 12 runs out of a set, me 50+ so far no issues, he is a pro level driver and im a total noob, perhaps for the average driver these are fine but for the pro guys who are going that bit harder, setting the car to be a free as possible, that the issue of wear and breakage arises.

Seeing that you are running an old T2, i am assuming you are an average type club racer, i think you will find that these diffs are just fine for your needs.
RogerDaShrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:50 AM   #889
Tech Elite
 
Dan the Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Perth, W.A
Posts: 2,006
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
And that is the reality of it Dan, mileage varies for lots of people with lots of different products. All i can say is that generally there are local factors that are likely to be influencing things more so than the product being dodgy.

GSM Storm races on the same tracks as i do here in Brisbane, and he is getting 12 runs out of a set, me 50+ so far no issues, he is a pro level driver and im a total noob, perhaps for the average driver these are fine but for the pro guys who are going that bit harder, setting the car to be a free as possible, that the issue of wear and breakage arises.

Seeing that you are running an old T2, i am assuming you are an average type club racer, i think you will find that these diffs are just fine for your needs.
Less than average club racer lol. Can you recommend what I would need to buy in the way of spares for these diffs?
__________________
|--|Hot Bodies Pro 5|-●-|The "F109X"|--|

If you don't have clean bearings, good transmission and a perfect car, trust me when I say this...someone else does.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:00 AM   #890
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,696
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
Less than average club racer lol. Can you recommend what I would need to buy in the way of spares for these diffs?
I would keep a set of cases and gears in your pit box for just in case as well as seals and gaskets for rebuilds and do a rebuild every 5 meets, just remember to clean the gunk out of the pulleys after each race meet, and they should last you ages.
RogerDaShrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:16 AM   #891
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: France
Posts: 38
Default

do you use plastic or titanium gear diff pin?
__________________
Rally-game proto Clo-products - Toro 150a - HW 2250kv - Turnigy a-spec - Futaba 3PKS
Tamiya M03S mini cooper - Novak 410M1C - Orion Core 27x1
Kyosho Mini-Z MR03 and MA015
Xray T4-2014 - Hobbywing V3.1 - LRP X20 spec 10.5 - Turnigy ultimate
Xray X12-2014 - Reedy Mach2 6.0
christophed83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:54 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net