R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2010, 09:47 AM   #16
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I'm think in stock class ESC not have tubro maybe ok !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #17
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Parts in the post here. Pics a few posts further down. Looks like a total hack job.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post7120864
The link just goes to the first post in the thread, no pic
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:06 PM   #18
Tech Champion
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default

I ran the spec R gear diff all week in two classes at the Reedy ( 17.5 and 13.5 )


I started at the same gear lube as I ran in my serpent diff ( 7000 ). This was way too thick. By the time I was happy with the Diff in the 416 I ended up with 1000wt. I think maybe something like a 800wt would be even better. The diff is about 7 grams +/- heavier then the standard ball diff, so you have a little more rotating mass.

The diff leaks a little bit around the pully. Not much, but some. Not enough to have to refill the diff after many runs... I ran it back to back with the Ball diff, and the times were basically the same. I felt the car was a touch more consistant. I did notice that the diff picks up more dirt then the Serpent diff.

I have more then 50 runs on one diff, and all the parts in the diff do not need to be replaced yet. The gears look good, and the seals are in good shape. All in all, I would say the diff is the perfect part for club racing...
__________________
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:18 PM   #19
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPotter View Post
I ran the spec R gear diff all week in two classes at the Reedy ( 17.5 and 13.5 )


I started at the same gear lube as I ran in my serpent diff ( 7000 ). This was way too thick. By the time I was happy with the Diff in the 416 I ended up with 1000wt. I think maybe something like a 800wt would be even better. The diff is about 7 grams +/- heavier then the standard ball diff, so you have a little more rotating mass.

The diff leaks a little bit around the pully. Not much, but some. Not enough to have to refill the diff after many runs... I ran it back to back with the Ball diff, and the times were basically the same. I felt the car was a touch more consistant. I did notice that the diff picks up more dirt then the Serpent diff.

I have more then 50 runs on one diff, and all the parts in the diff do not need to be replaced yet. The gears look good, and the seals are in good shape. All in all, I would say the diff is the perfect part for club racing...
I have issues where the diff ring keeps slipping on the outdrive since it does not have the Dcut. This results in an inconsistent handling. I was wondering how it will act if we put it on the front with a heavy oil. Perhaps we may stumble upon something.

I also heard of the drive pin coming out off the crown gear. Not sure how this one is put together, but can someone elaborate on that and a possible fix for it? Thanks
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:08 PM   #20
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

If we use NT1 Rear diff. use 1k-5k only !
i'm used 80w Asso. shock oil ,
the feel is near my ball diff ,
but gear diff in no traction track , will very hard to drive !
in high traction , u can get more punch to speed up & short time brake to lower speed , but in on power S turn will have some lose in second turn !!
u need control your rear tire grip don't lock your gear diff !
off power u can feel had more turn , same control motor for turn angle .

& u can try touch world top driver ball diff. feel !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:40 PM   #21
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
The link just goes to the first post in the thread, no pic
Hmm works for me. It's post 1653 though. Then a few posts down are the pictures.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:22 PM   #22
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I have about 50 hours and about 3000 laps on a NT1 converted diff and have had 0 issues with it, no wear, great performance, I run 1000wt diff lube in it. It will only look hack, if you build it that way. Well worth the effort. Sorry no pics.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:39 PM   #23
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

http://www.rctech.net/forum/7121865-post1660.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/7121856-post1659.html
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:15 AM   #24
Tech Elite
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,136
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I'm sorry but I still don't get it.

Should I buy the NT1 Gear diff set + some modifications so I could use it on the TRF 416?

Thanks
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:33 AM   #25
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,907
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
I'm sorry but I still don't get it.

Should I buy the NT1 Gear diff set + some modifications so I could use it on the TRF 416?

Thanks
I'd like to know too.

But I think this thread is not specific to the 416 diff...
__________________
Lost in RC limbo
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:53 AM   #26
Tech Addict
 
Superkarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Scarborough Australia
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

There's 2 options, you can either buy a spec-r gear diff which by everyone's comments works for the stock classes. Or you can buy the NT1 gear diff and Frankenstein a 416 Pulley on there.

I ran the Spec-R Diff in mod in a 416 on the weekend at an outdoor bumpy high grip track. After 5 runs the Diff failed, like Clinton said (P.I.M.P) "the shim in behind the crown gear compresses into the o-ring slot and then the pin comes out of the crown gear and strips the crown gear pin slot"

I've re-shimmed the diff with bigger and thicker shims to stop this happening. Now just need to go testing with the new configuration

Regards
Tim
Superkarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:56 AM   #27
Tech Master
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

3racing is coming out with a gear diff for their TC car, maybe you guys should wait for it.
__________________
every impulse that we strive to strangle broods in the mind, and poison us...action is a mode of purification... the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:48 AM   #28
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkarter View Post
There's 2 options, you can either buy a spec-r gear diff which by everyone's comments works for the stock classes. Or you can buy the NT1 gear diff and Frankenstein a 416 Pulley on there.

I ran the Spec-R Diff in mod in a 416 on the weekend at an outdoor bumpy high grip track. After 5 runs the Diff failed, like Clinton said (P.I.M.P) "the shim in behind the crown gear compresses into the o-ring slot and then the pin comes out of the crown gear and strips the crown gear pin slot"

I've re-shimmed the diff with bigger and thicker shims to stop this happening. Now just need to go testing with the new configuration

Regards
Tim
What are the dimensions of the shims you had to fit into the diff ( I have one on order and would like to get it right the first time

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:55 AM   #29
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
What are the dimensions of the shims you had to fit into the diff ( I have one on order and would like to get it right the first time

Skiddins
Same...lol
Stefan-Hpi Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:48 AM   #30
Tech Elite
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I've been running the Spec R diff in my 416WE with good success. Nothing has broken. Small amount of leakage coming from the pulley area. I am happy with it. It's silky smooth, and easier to build than a ball diff.
__________________
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Radiopost | Speed Passion USA | Trinity | P3 Graphics
M-Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:29 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net