R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2010, 12:45 AM   #181
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,999
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Cyclone needs a front nt1 diff and your dialed. And crapricorn gears to shave weight out of it (28 grams less). That's what I'm going to do but rear nt1 diff is what goes in the t3 should be the dialed gear diff that will hold up in mod

Isn't that nt1 diff sort of heavy? The spec diff should work if the nt1 fits./
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:27 AM   #182
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Isn't that nt1 diff sort of heavy? The spec diff should work if the nt1 fits./
That's why I said crapriorn light gears lol. You can get lightened outdrives Also and it should end up pretty light

But no the nt1 diff that fits the cyclone is the front which I'm pretty sure is smaller then the nt1 rear diff which is what fits the Xray. I'm not sure how much different the front and rear diffs are though
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #183
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,560
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by immrwright7 View Post
Thanks for the input^^

So are you running the gear diffs in both the front and rear? Also did you have to alter or completely change the dogbones?
I have my Atomic gear diff Just in the rear. I run 50mm dog bones in the rear of the T3 (and 50mm ECS in the front).
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #184
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
I have my Atomic gear diff Just in the rear. I run 50mm dog bones in the rear of the T3 (and 50mm ECS in the front).
Also what type of grease? How does this gear diff effect the handling?
immrwright7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #185
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
That's why I said crapriorn light gears lol. You can get lightened outdrives Also and it should end up pretty light

But no the nt1 diff that fits the cyclone is the front which I'm pretty sure is smaller then the nt1 rear diff which is what fits the Xray. I'm not sure how much different the front and rear diffs are though
Is the rear NT1 a direct fit in the T3, or does it need some work?
__________________
Team Greasy Weasel

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #186
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
Is the rear NT1 a direct fit in the T3, or does it need some work?
Mods to fit the pulley, but other wise its suposed to fit fine. Im ordering mine in another week or two and will do a little write up if no one else has by then

http://www.rctech.net/forum/7121865-post1660.html
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #187
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,560
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by immrwright7 View Post
Also what type of grease? How does this gear diff effect the handling?
500 cst XRay Silicone Oil (running on carpet will need much thicker oil). Handling wise - there was much more rear traction under hard acceleration, and greater car rotation off power freeing up the car.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #188
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
500 cst XRay Silicone Oil (running on carpet will need much thicker oil). Handling wise - there was much more rear traction under hard acceleration, and greater car rotation off power freeing up the car.
Hey thanks i'm planning on running my diff on asphalt with my 13.5 setup.
immrwright7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #189
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,999
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Mods to fit the pulley, but other wise its suposed to fit fine. Im ordering mine in another week or two and will do a little write up if no one else has by then

http://www.rctech.net/forum/7121865-post1660.html

Why not just get the Spec diff that JL has?
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #190
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,560
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Why not just get the Spec diff that JL has?
It was good enough for Marc to win the Worlds with!
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #191
Tech Apprentice
 
JLTrinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jerez De La Frontera (Spain)
Posts: 57
Default

Hello,
What silicone oil is used to the rear gear diff to run in asphalt?, 20.000 cps like tourings Gp? or 2000-3000 cps? thanks
JLTrinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #192
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: royal palm bch,fl.
Posts: 494
Default

Which gear diff for the 009 if any?Thanks!
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #193
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,560
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTrinity View Post
Hello,
What silicone oil is used to the rear gear diff to run in asphalt?, 20.000 cps like tourings Gp? or 2000-3000 cps? thanks
500 cst is what I used yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tino View Post
Which gear diff for the 009 if any?Thanks!
There are models available for either 34t or 38t pulleys. Which are you running??
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #194
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
It was good enough for Marc to win the Worlds with!
How do you know it was a totally stock spec r diff? Lots of people have issues with them in mod and that's all I will run. So I will spend the little extra and have a bomb proof diff.

And Clint jays doing the same thing I am lol. So you can ask him why he doesn't like it
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:59 AM   #195
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 23
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

can i get one of the spec r diffs for axray 007?
Corona000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:31 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net