R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2004, 11:31 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1
Default Fastest Stock RTR cars

Which is faster RTR Team Associated TC3 or the Team Losi XXX-S?
click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 12:08 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
Cole Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Denmark / Europe
Posts: 2,571
Default Re: Fastest Stock RTR cars

Quote:
Originally posted by click
Which is faster RTR Team Associated TC3 or the Team Losi XXX-S?
If you are talking top end, the car dont matter much. Then it's a matter of a hot modified motor, a free drive train (means work you have to do with the drive train). If the car dont need to be race legal, you can throw in extra batteries, remove the front diff etc.

Theoretically, a shaft car has more torque at lower speeds, while a belt car has more top end - given all other factors are the same.

If we are talking fastest on the track - most laps in 5 minutes - the 80% is due to the driver AND chassis setup, 15% to the equipment like motor and batteries and 5% due to the car.
__________________
Schumacher Mi5 - Sanwa MT-4 / RX-462 / KO Propo PDS-2123 - Nosram 5600 X-treme Saddle Pack - LRP SPX Zero/X12 17,5 - Nosram Stealth Touch Evolution - MAAS SPS 9250
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 03:50 AM   #3
Tech Initiate
 
team_tamiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brizzy
Posts: 43
Default Re: Re: Fastest Stock RTR cars

Quote:
Originally posted by Cole Trickle
If you are talking top end, the car dont matter much. Then it's a matter of a hot modified motor, a free drive train (means work you have to do with the drive train). If the car dont need to be race legal, you can throw in extra batteries, remove the front diff etc.

Theoretically, a shaft car has more torque at lower speeds, while a belt car has more top end - given all other factors are the same.

If we are talking fastest on the track - most laps in 5 minutes - the 80% is due to the driver AND chassis setup, 15% to the equipment like motor and batteries and 5% due to the car.
I would disagree with that.

You can only say that when everyone has all top level stuff, were as at club level people with top of the line stuff absolutily kill most of the racers, but if you are talkin like a higher level of competition or a class that is restricted then it is down to driver skill and set-up.
team_tamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 04:46 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Cole Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Denmark / Europe
Posts: 2,571
Default Re: Re: Re: Fastest Stock RTR cars

Quote:
Originally posted by team_tamiya
I would disagree with that.

You can only say that when everyone has all top level stuff, were as at club level people with top of the line stuff absolutily kill most of the racers, but if you are talkin like a higher level of competition or a class that is restricted then it is down to driver skill and set-up.
Hmmm, really?

Give a novice the best and fastest equipment, you can find. No matter of budget. Top tuned and setup properly by one of the world top 5 drivers.

Now, give this top 5 driver a cheap sport car. This car is adjustable and all things work as intended. (Choose the car you like). Let this driver work a little with the setup.

Who do you think win?
__________________
Schumacher Mi5 - Sanwa MT-4 / RX-462 / KO Propo PDS-2123 - Nosram 5600 X-treme Saddle Pack - LRP SPX Zero/X12 17,5 - Nosram Stealth Touch Evolution - MAAS SPS 9250
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
which system(specktrum/stock/novak) is the fastest? straightaway Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2006 08:19 PM
Fastest stock monster truck Dobbs Monster Trucks 36 05-25-2006 09:58 PM
Fastest stock car? Vicious-V Electric On-Road 21 04-23-2006 01:32 AM
Fastest stock motor mcrcracer Electric On-Road 14 04-21-2006 06:55 PM
Fastest 27t stock legal motor? EVOIIIM3 Electric On-Road 9 10-04-2004 01:59 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:18 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net