mi4 or trf416?

Old 05-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default mi4 or trf416?

Okay guys im getting into ELEC rubber racing i need to know the follow.
What are some pros and cons of each car. Id like to have something pretty strong. Which one will get better support? as well as where is the best place to buy parts for each car? and what hop ups would be needed to make them better ect.
Im also confused on speed controls i cant figure out what is top of the line right now.

is it Tekin Or is GM taking over? id like to purchase a GM speedo after watching hara but im not running mod just 17.5 so what should i do?
Old 05-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

MI4
Old 05-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
Okay guys im getting into ELEC rubber racing i need to know the follow.
What are some pros and cons of each car. Id like to have something pretty strong. Which one will get better support? as well as where is the best place to buy parts for each car? and what hop ups would be needed to make them better ect.
Im also confused on speed controls i cant figure out what is top of the line right now.

is it Tekin Or is GM taking over? id like to purchase a GM speedo after watching hara but im not running mod just 17.5 so what should i do?
GM seems to be top in every class at the moment

I run the Mi4LP and I love it! I used to run Xray in the past and I am finding the Schumacher quicker, better to work on and loving the customer support from Schumacher.

The TRF416 looks like a brilliant car and I would love to try one though spares are very hard to get for me so I cannot compare the two.

There are very few faults if any with either car from what I have heard though.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Which GM controller is at the top? and where can i buy them?
Old 05-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Both are good cars, but I drive a 416 so it's 416 for me.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tekin is top dogg in stock racing and gm is top dogg in mod racing I think I would go with the 416x-416 we or the top photon.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Is indiferent, the Mi4lp is a strong car, easy to work in it, and you can buy direct to Schumacher, great support, if you like GM, you can buy in Schumacher web, too.
Tamiya, is a great car, top performance car, the support is not the same.

Buy one you like, if you have a close circuit, see that there are more cars by
it will be easier to find help with problems and setups.
And for electronic, all are good today, i run with Nosram/LRP and Tekin, and i like the simplicity of Nosram/LRP, but a like the power of Tekin, too, the performance ? are the same, is limited to my skills.

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

British touring car championship.

Mod

1.Schumacher
2.Schumacher
3.Schumacher

Pro stock

1.Schumacher
2.Schumacher
3.Schumacher

http://www.redrc.net/2010/05/grainge...cher-btcc-rd2/

Build review
http://www.rcracer.com/on-road-elect...humacher-mi4lp
Old 05-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Mi4 LP.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:44 AM
Tech Champion

As for ESC's, i've not used a GM of any type but not had any reason to, as the RS Pro does everything i need it to with a 13.5 motor.

With a 17.5 and the right gearing/boost/turbo settings using an RS Pro, you will see your motor work very well

If you do not plan to use faster than a 6.5, save yourself some $ and get the regular RS speed control, it will do everything you need it to that the RS Pro does.

The pro is if you want to use a REALLY fast motor for mod racing...
Old 05-26-2010, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

MI4 spares are extremely expensive,
416 spares are cheap, (if bought overseas)
Old 05-26-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've never owned the Tamiya, but do like Schumachers and have owned them. The shafts on Schumachers are a huge down fall because the bend like rubber, and you need the Parma bumper for the car. Tamiya is the world champion, and the car every car seems to be heading more and more towards copying. TCX, TF6 and so on. Tamiya is what's winning big races. Except for when Hara shows up

I know I would love to try a GM, but us americans can't get them. I dislike the Tekins for the fact that they are goofy in mod, and everybody runs them (for stock). Any other ESC are the LRP Sxx SS with the Lrp Stock Spec motor (I run the Sxx TC for mod and it's a awesome speedo) or the Orca Escs that I've heard nothing but good about from Korey H.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MatsNorway
British touring car championship.

Mod

1.Schumacher
2.Schumacher
3.Schumacher

Pro stock

1.Schumacher
2.Schumacher
3.Schumacher
And how many on-road IFMAR Worlds has Schumacher won? Tamiya has won three
Old 05-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
I've never owned the Tamiya, but do like Schumachers and have owned them. The shafts on Schumachers are a huge down fall because the bend like rubber, and you need the Parma bumper for the car. Tamiya is the world champion, and the car every car seems to be heading more and more towards copying. TCX, TF6 and so on. Tamiya is what's winning big races. Except for when Hara shows up

I know I would love to try a GM, but us americans can't get them. I dislike the Tekins for the fact that they are goofy in mod, and everybody runs them (for stock). Any other ESC are the LRP Sxx SS with the Lrp Stock Spec motor (I run the Sxx TC for mod and it's a awesome speedo) or the Orca Escs that I've heard nothing but good about from Korey H.
What this guy said, shafts are just abysmal. Sold my LP for a 416x, dont get me wrong the LP handled really well but i did a lot of indoors and everytime i clipped a corner it was either snap at the joint or a massive bend.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ritchie T
What this guy said, shafts are just abysmal. Sold my LP for a 416x, dont get me wrong the LP handled really well but i did a lot of indoors and everytime i clipped a corner it was either snap at the joint or a massive bend.
Lite Modz ( Titanium Racing ) driveshafts solve this problem. I myself have never had a problem with the Schumacher HD driveshafts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.