R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   ace pow / gens ace lipo testing, on road. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/402407-ace-pow-gens-ace-lipo-testing-road.html)

tc3team 05-26-2010 02:38 AM

ace pow / gens ace lipo testing, on road.

I will be trying out the Gens Ace 5000 30C lipo in my trf415msxx soon with a Redline 13.5 motor.

Has anyone else had any experiences of this lipo and if so, how did everything go for you?

My initial impression is that the case is well made and looks good.

Mine came supplied with corally tube connectors and a balance charge plug adaptor with corally male plugs into a deans T plug, but there is the choice of that or just a deans T plug coming out of the hard pack casing.

cheehtae 05-26-2010 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by tc3team (Post 7457464)
I will be trying out the Gens Ace 5000 30C lipo in my trf415msxx soon with a Redline 13.5 motor.

Has anyone else had any experiences of this lipo and if so, how did everything go for you?

My initial impression is that the case is well made and looks good.

Mine came supplied with corally tube connectors and a balance charge plug adaptor with corally male plugs into a deans T plug, but there is the choice of that or just a deans T plug coming out of the hard pack casing.

Are they cheaper? How did you order them?

TNX

20 SMOKE 05-26-2010 04:58 AM

these just happened to be the advertisement banner while i was reading this
http://www.rc-battery.com/app/menu.php?op=index

tc3team 05-27-2010 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by cheehtae (Post 7457621)
Are they cheaper? How did you order them?

TNX

Hi, I am involved in the testing of these lipo's, so it came from Acepow directly.

I am looking forward to getting this strapped into my car for some racing, just wanted to see how other peoples experiences were with these :cool::tire:

20SMOKE- Yes, that's the lipo range :)

fred kellner 05-28-2010 09:04 AM

These are the best packs I have tried so far.

So here is a shameless plug, I will have 30 in stock next week hopefully.

Website will be set up shortly teamkellner.com.

PM me if you want to preorder $70 plus shipping.

sidecarphil1 05-28-2010 11:55 AM

i too will betesting one of these packs as soon as it arrives from Eric at Acepow batterys

koopesv 05-29-2010 08:55 AM

I have been Testing a 4000mah 25c lipo and its a good battery with a lot of punch for a 25c. I get a lot of wheelies with my Blitz from the power and the battery is so light compared to the 5000mah I run. Oh yeah they are Roar Legal batteries that they send out for testing, so no need for any worries.

cosmin 05-31-2010 10:59 AM

ace 5300 mAmps testing day 2

hi, i test the ace 5300 mAmps. from the first charging it is balancing very well. i have a graupnerr ultra duo 40 charger, and it indicated at the first charging 0.005 mV at balancing.
i use the lipo hard case 5300 and test it in comparative whit my other tip of lipo and from second charging in the same condition of test i run about 10 % more time with 5300 ace.
i buy ace lipo more to use for my boat races. it is perfect for my.

fred kellner 06-09-2010 01:14 PM

Acepow has informed that they want to be a big player in the US lipo market.

I am selling their ROAR legal 7.4V 5000 40c packs @ www.teamkellner.com

Introductory price of $60 plus shipping while supplies last.

These are the best packs I have tried, especially at this price. Don't be fooled by BS C ratings, these are the real thing.

sidecarphil1 06-09-2010 01:23 PM

My battery arrived yesterday from Eric at Ace batterys and i have carged it and will give it the first test run in my T3 over the weekend

It looks really good in a carbon fibre colour hard case and it feels quite heave compared to some lipos i have used in the past which i find good for balance in the car

Further reports to come over the weekend including lap times compared to me other 5000 40c lipos

Again thanks to Eric for the chance to test your batterys

sidecarphil1 06-12-2010 02:43 PM

MY REPORT ON THE ACEPOW 5000Mah 40C

I tested the lipo today and i am REALLY REALLY impressed with the proformance of the battery

The top speed is about 5kph differance than my other 5000 40c lipos and the extra punch is amazing

With this battery i am over half a second quicker than with my batterys consistantly through the 7 minuite runs i was doing

I am doing the ETS series which now i am looking forward too due to the extra power i now have

again Thank you Eric ,

GUYS BUY THESE BATTERYS

A friend wanted to try it and he has a 5900Mah 50c LRP battery and mine was quicker !!!! by quarter second !!!

tc3team 06-14-2010 01:49 AM

I must admit, im very keen to try this battery out, but have just come back to the UK after being on holiday for 2 weeks :D

lipo charger will be on order asap! :cool::tire:

PitNamedGordie 06-14-2010 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by fred kellner (Post 7520458)
Acepow has informed that they want to be a big player in the US lipo market.

I am selling their ROAR legal 7.4V 5000 40c packs @ www.teamkellner.com

Introductory price of $60 plus shipping while supplies last.

These are the best packs I have tried, especially at this price. Don't be fooled by BS C ratings, these are the real thing.

Hi Fred,

I will be wanting one of these this weekend most likely. I'll come see you if you're at the track.

tc3team 07-13-2010 02:50 AM

i've been very happy with how the battery has been for me, lots of power and duration :)

big igg 08-17-2010 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE (Post 7457742)
these just happened to be the advertisement banner while i was reading this
http://www.rc-battery.com/app/menu.php?op=index

Is it just me, but i can not find any prices on that web sight