R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #76
Suspended

Heads up guys! We have a big sales on the Gens Ace 5000 ROAR PACK right now! Thank you for all your continuous support to the Gens Ace and Hobbypartz brand! This sales is dedicated to all the RCTECH members out there!
hobbypartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Couple questions:

1) What's the difference between the new "Direct" ROAR-approved 50C bullet pack, and the older one? The descriptions are exactly the same.

2) I have a 5000/40c bullet pack I bought several months ago. It worked great... until I hooked up the battery wires backwards. There was a BIG spark, and then my ESC wouldn't turned on. I thought the ESC was fried, so I wired up a spare, then found out the battery wasn't putting out juice. Hooking it up to my charger, one cell read full, the other zero. Turns out the ESC is fine (phew!). Someone mentioned there might be a fuse in the battery... is there any chance if I try and open the case I might be able to fix it?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #78
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Couple questions:

1) What's the difference between the new "Direct" ROAR-approved 50C bullet pack, and the older one? The descriptions are exactly the same.

2) I have a 5000/40c bullet pack I bought several months ago. It worked great... until I hooked up the battery wires backwards. There was a BIG spark, and then my ESC wouldn't turned on. I thought the ESC was fried, so I wired up a spare, then found out the battery wasn't putting out juice. Hooking it up to my charger, one cell read full, the other zero. Turns out the ESC is fine (phew!). Someone mentioned there might be a fuse in the battery... is there any chance if I try and open the case I might be able to fix it?

-Mike
on question 2, you might of blown out the copper trace of the board, inside your battery. I've blown them on 3 packs. Easy fix once opened up.
snellemin is offline   Reply With Quote