R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-06-2011, 10:45 PM   #61
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraRman View Post
I highly doubt this is the norm for these batteries or else you would here more about this for as many as they seem to sell out of them quickly.
If the batteries went bad that quickly, I would be contacting HobbyPartz and be getting replacements for defective batteries.
I'm sure the guy from HobbyPartz that posts in this thread will probably say this is a fluke as well.

Lynn
No doubt that these batts are the best value for money, but if i have to send them back to HobbyPartz, the freight alone to send the LiPo from Australia back there isn't worth it.

They handle the power requirements in Mod for sure. Just that when it let go and went open circuit, the amount of damage that the car sustained spearing off the end of the long straight into a fence wasn't too good.
Proudly Sponsored by Stanbridges Hobbies
Serpent S411
jrxs-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #62
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrxs-r View Post
I've had 1 out of 4 packs that were about 2 weeks old go open circuit on me whilst in the middle of a race at states level. Another racer bought his about 3 weeks ago, and has had one go open circuit already. They are good batteries for the price ($35 - 5000 40c), but expect to replace them more often than more expensive ones.
This is backwards for any brand of lipo.

You aint messin wit my dougie..
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #63
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have not had/seen any issues like this with these pack.... and I have seen a few of these pack!

I have only seen them in 17.5 boosted though.... Not much experience with mod (Though I am starting to dabble)

Whats motors/setting are you and your mate running to o/c the packs? Boosted low turn motors perhaps? Just curious so I can avoid the problem
Old 05-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #64
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL1031 View Post
This is backwards for any brand of lipo.
Yes. But any cheaper lipo will have some compromises. For the price of them @ $35 each is at least half of any other 'brand' name. Looking back to the NiMh days, this is cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWTF View Post
I have not had/seen any issues like this with these pack.... and I have seen a few of these pack!

I have only seen them in 17.5 boosted though.... Not much experience with mod (Though I am starting to dabble)

Whats motors/setting are you and your mate running to o/c the packs? Boosted low turn motors perhaps? Just curious so I can avoid the problem
We are running 4.5-6.5T motors with a lot of boost/turbo. Nothing too low turn like 2.5 or 3.5T motors.I've had them since early March, and they haven't puffed up yet. Others had Intellects/Orions/Venom LiPos puff in less than 4 months, so we will see hwo these packs go.

The O/C problem happened to me at full noise down the main straight, and the other one with my mate happened on a small carpet track indoors with either a 10.5 or an 8.5 boosted motor.
Serpent S411
Old 05-08-2011, 06:49 AM   #65
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlealex View Post
i m waiting for 5000 50c 7.4v
and i think alot of us are waiting for this
+1

Any news on these packs?
Old 06-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #66
Tech Addict

Mann first day with my gens ace 40c 5000 pack was Horrible, but not because of their quality, all me trying to get my xray 06 on lipo hooks and tape. I used a tc6 lipo hook and was drilling holes thru my chassis holes to custom mount the hooks, drilling and slightly nicked my pack. Could have been nasty!!

I strap the tape thru, and take it off. Along with it comes 60% of the gens ace label!

But the car SEEMS faster and lasting longer than my old turnigy 30c 5200.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #67
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL1031 View Post
Mann first day with my gens ace 40c 5000 pack was Horrible, but not because of their quality, all me trying to get my xray 06 on lipo hooks and tape. I used a tc6 lipo hook and was drilling holes thru my chassis holes to custom mount the hooks, drilling and slightly nicked my pack. Could have been nasty!!

I strap the tape thru, and take it off. Along with it comes 60% of the gens ace label!

But the car SEEMS faster and lasting longer than my old turnigy 30c 5200.
Double the tape over on one end... For the length of the pack so there is no sticky in contact with the pack.
Tape sucks
Old 06-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #68
Tech Elite

This pack is awesome guys I abuse this pack charging it at 2C rate with no problem. I run this pack at the REEDY race this year in open MOD with 4.5T lots of punch and never fade thru out the whole run.. I have been running GEN ace batteries for about a year now I haven't seen any drop off in performance yet.. I would say paying $120+++ for Top brand batteries.. You can buy 3 of the GEN ace with the same performance or better... A lot of guys on my track was skeptic at first cause it's a cheap batteries but when they say how I abuse this packs and the performance on the track a lot of them switch and they couldn't believe the price and performance compared to a high dollar lipo pack..

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #69
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi im running them in mod 4.5t boosted and know troubles here early days tho and plus ill never be buying any pack above $40 just dont see the differences the and was running hobbyking turnigy pack in mod boosted and never missed a beat and time where good and very consistence.im not a person to buy cheap packs but the times on the track dont lie
Old 06-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #70
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWTF View Post
Double the tape over on one end... For the length of the pack so there is no sticky in contact with the pack.
Tape sucks
it does, i'm going velcro.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #71
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rustler001

www.hobbypartz.com carries them, but are out of stock withing a week they get them in stock, cause its extremely popular
Old 06-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #72
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrxs-r View Post
I've had 1 out of 4 packs that were about 2 weeks old go open circuit on me whilst in the middle of a race at states level. Another racer bought his about 3 weeks ago, and has had one go open circuit already. They are good batteries for the price ($35 - 5000 40c), but expect to replace them more often than more expensive ones.
Did you buy any chance open up the faulty pack to see why it went dead?
shrek54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:19 AM   #73
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek54 View Post
Did you buy any chance open up the faulty pack to see why it went dead?
Nope. Didn't bother with it. I suspect it was a dry solder join to the banana plugs. Once the LiPo casing is opened up, its illegal to use for sanctioned racing. Just gave them away. It is not worth sending them back too as freight would be the same price as getting another one.

So far so good for the rest of the packs now.
Serpent S411
Old 06-26-2011, 02:43 AM   #74
Tech Rookie

Hi guys! Thanks for being a supportive Gens Ace fans! We are having some special giveaway on our Facebook now! Google us! Thanks
gensrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #75
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default saddle lipos

I plan on doing some local club racing with durango 410r and SP 8.5 v3 motor. Will the gens ace saddle work in this application? I am on the fence on what to buy. I run the gens ace in my photon 17.5 and 21.5 and have zero issues. The saddle is my only option for my losi 22 mid mount and share them with my durango.

Thanks