Wiki Posts
Search

new batt rumors

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kraig
STLNLST, if what they said about the brush theory is true then why did Dieter 99% of the time cut down the width of the brush so it was more like original standup brushes?
I guess they didn't practice what they preached...
Old 05-11-2004, 03:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by glide 1 Japan already runs 8min races .... in 23t class though. I think europe's implementation of the 12t limit for mod racing is very good....not all will agree. A 12t motor has always been considered to be a 'mild modified motor' but there are pro's and cons to this which most of us know. I think it makes for better racing, more emphasis on motor tuning and gearing, car setup etc, and most of all it is not as hard on the batteries.

I agree with STLNLST. I think a move to better more efficient motor design is also a must, Orion/Peak V2 range of motors are alredy going this direction. [/B]
Have any of you tried the CS brushes ? Man they're purely amazing, lasts 50+ runs, and if you know how to tune your motor with them, they're just as fast as any brushes. I did last nationals without opening my motor at all.., and I'll have another race before truing it... So the so called revolution is not one for me and a lot of racers that've been using those brushes for the past 2 years...

I don't see any point in having less than 12T. They're simply the motors that have the best efficiency, and moreover, all the motors companies worked much more on their 12T armatures than on any of them, just because of these rules. There's no point in being over-powered, just as an example, sometimes I put a 17T in my car at my local track, and still I can win club races with it. Of course, we're not running foam (and will hopefully never will, only time i raced foam on a touring I hated it) so it's easier on the comm and everything on the car.

I perfectly know that the latest JRMCA were raced on 23T and 8 minutes heats, but as you pointed out, I was talking about races with 12T limit...
Old 05-13-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yokomo has 3600 now.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDXray
Yokomo has 3600 now.

Yokomo`s 3600 is just a re-labled Sanyo 3600... But from what some of the local Yokomo driver have been saying is that they have pretty good results with the samples that they have zapped and mached around a average of 440 run time /1.170+ and a IR of around 22( not bad for a Sanyo cell )@30A

-Dave
Old 05-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks dave
Old 05-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Default Technology is Advancing

Why not increase the runtime for races to 8 minutes like Japan? Obviously they can do it in mod and superstock 23T. With all of the increase in battery technology, why not? I think that an 8 minute race makes things more interesting than a 5 minute race. A lot more can happen with an added 3 minutes.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

We've had a lot of talks on a french forum about that. The problem is that if you increase the duration of the heats, then you either increase the duration of the race, or decrease the numbers of heats/rounds... just because we can't increase the duration of the days
Old 05-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i agree with ko. the cells nowadays have 200% more capacity than what we had when i started racing, yet we're only on the track 20% longer. even when i run my sedan full bore for 5 minutes in 19t, i'm still coming only using about 1900mah.

Last edited by gee-dub; 05-14-2004 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Well I'm with Cobra - I'd rather have 4 or 5 5-minute races during a meeting than 2 or 3 8-minute races.

I've raced 12th in the past, and 8 minutes didn't feel like a better race length at all - being used to 5 minutes, I just got tired...

And don't forget that there are beginners at your club who only have cheap 1500 packs - some of them can't even make 5 minutes - imagine what would happen if they could only do half an 8-minute race... (hint: they won't come back, because they don't want to spend ££££ on new batteries)
Old 05-14-2004, 12:38 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have gotten allot of emails regarding the new Sanyo 3600. I had posted my thoughts on this cell based on the samples we had heard about a few months back.

We got a case of the first production in yesterday and here are my initial observations on this new cell. I will have some actual numbers posted up on our website by the end of next week.

It seems like the capacity will range from 425 -450 with the voltage ranging from 1.14 - 1.16 and the IR being 3.2 - 3.9.

I really don't understand why Sanyo would release a cell that will not be able to compete with the GP cell. The extra 10-15 seconds of runtime will not do any good since the voltage is lower and the IR is higher.