Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Xs-ive R/c Design's Freedom Tc3 >

Xs-ive R/c Design's Freedom Tc3

Xs-ive R/c Design's Freedom Tc3

Old 05-16-2004, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

personally i tried it on both sides... i did not notice a difference at all... there may be some scintific reason for putting it on one side or the other, but having tried both .. i cant say one works better then the other...

the warpspeed chassis is on the left also.. and i havent heard any of them guys complaining it hurt anything...

as far as i am concerend and have seen.. as long as u get all of your weight right on the corners.. there shouldnt be a counter balance issue,,

every shaft drive car and chassis is going to have some sort of tourqu steer.. with the way the motor is mounted it is hard to get rid of it.. all sedans have tourqe from the motor.. but on the others it torq's front to back....not side to side
Old 05-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

bump
Old 05-22-2004, 04:23 PM
Tech Rookie

it does not matter which way thje motor is mounted becuase the shaft will still turn in the oppostie direction which will part cancel the acting force of the motor.
however this will never work perfectly because the shft is off different diameter and lenght causing the rotational mass to be further spread.
Old 05-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rickylee53
it does not matter which way thje motor is mounted becuase the shaft will still turn in the oppostie direction which will part cancel the acting force of the motor.
however this will never work perfectly because the shft is off different diameter and lenght causing the rotational mass to be further spread.
The shaft does not spin in opposite direction from left side motor to right. If this was true the car would be going backward....
Old 05-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

the shaft spins the opposite direction of the motor. it doesn't matter if the motor is on the right or left.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

yes josh is right// even if the motor is on the right or the left.. the armature still spins in the same direction... the only way the arm direction would change is if the motor was facing the front and not the rear...