R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-08-2004, 08:50 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing
Default MIP Tweak Station

SHould i know something before using//Assembling it?
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 09:12 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to BuddyB

When i got mine i had to add more than the weight that they gave me for it to be level w/o your car on it, which wasnt to cool, but thats all i did.
-Buddy
BuddyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 09:16 PM   #3
Tech Elite

so if theres no car on it it should be perfectly Straight huh? I never used one as yu can see
Old 05-09-2004, 04:04 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to BuddyB

I have always heard that they should be level or almost level w/o a car on it.
-Buddy
BuddyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:19 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Default Using the MIP Tweak Station

ok .. first things first ... you have to level the whole darn thing for it to work right .. I start by leveling left to right on the back with the pivoting bar laying across the rear bar ... then stand the pivoting bar up along the round bar and level that .... the place the pivoting bar on and get the bar as level as humanly possible with the weights provided and electricaltape ( I covered the weights I added with electrical tape as a final balancer just to keep the weights securly in place ) ... now .. once all that is done ... its time to set the car on and CENTER IT ... if it isnt perfectly centered front and back .. the reading wont be right ... also try to keep the center of the wheels contact path right no the centerlines of the bars .. this will evenly load the two front pivot bearings ensuring stick free operation ... then use the preloads on your vehicles shocks or static weight to level the car out ... now in leveling the car out I do it this way .. center the car and then place a rideheight block ( mines from hudy .. the about 6mm square aluminum bar that comes with the ride height/droop combo tool kit ) under the rear and level the front suspension. then I pull out the ride height block and level the whole car only using the rear adjusters ... this ensures that a problem on one end of the car isnt overlooked when leveling the car all at once ... other folks say to start by leveling the rear .. I personally think its just which end you want to start with .... have fun .. and enjoy the hobby and the new toy ..........

Eric
roddude65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 11:54 PM   #6
Tech Regular

a better way then ading weights is to drill small holes in the tweak station underneath. When you add those weights they can easily fall off. drill smalll amounts until the bar balances straight by itself.

Greg
shortygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 05:30 AM   #7
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default Re: Using the MIP Tweak Station

Quote:
Originally posted by roddude65
ok .. first things first ... you have to level the whole darn thing for it to work right .. I start by leveling left to right on the back with the pivoting bar laying across the rear bar ... then stand the pivoting bar up along the round bar and level that .... the place the pivoting bar on and get the bar as level as humanly possible with the weights provided and electricaltape ( I covered the weights I added with electrical tape as a final balancer just to keep the weights securly in place ) ... now .. once all that is done ... its time to set the car on and CENTER IT ... if it isnt perfectly centered front and back .. the reading wont be right ... also try to keep the center of the wheels contact path right no the centerlines of the bars .. this will evenly load the two front pivot bearings ensuring stick free operation ... then use the preloads on your vehicles shocks or static weight to level the car out ... now in leveling the car out I do it this way .. center the car and then place a rideheight block ( mines from hudy .. the about 6mm square aluminum bar that comes with the ride height/droop combo tool kit ) under the rear and level the front suspension. then I pull out the ride height block and level the whole car only using the rear adjusters ... this ensures that a problem on one end of the car isnt overlooked when leveling the car all at once ... other folks say to start by leveling the rear .. I personally think its just which end you want to start with .... have fun .. and enjoy the hobby and the new toy ..........

Eric
I setup my MIP tweak station just like this. It must be first leveled before it can work correctly. You will have better readings if you do this.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 01:05 PM   #8
wyd
Tech Legend

I did a search on my computer. I typed in MIP Tweak station and a few sites popped up. Most of them go over how to use the tweak station.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:09 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
I did a search on my computer. I typed in MIP Tweak station and a few sites popped up. Most of them go over how to use the tweak station.
Cool, Ill look into that. Thanks for your time
Old 05-12-2004, 01:16 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Is it best have Setup wheels when adjusting>? Also where can i Get some?
Old 05-12-2004, 03:39 PM   #11
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by True R/C Racing
Is it best have Setup wheels when adjusting>? Also where can i Get some?
You can use either setup wheels or standard touring car wheels. Yokomo makes soem setup wheels as does Schumacher.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:40 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Thanks Again.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:42 PM   #13
wyd
Tech Legend

Not a problem. Let me know if you need any more info or help.

Brian
Old 05-12-2004, 03:44 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Not a problem. Let me know if you need any more info or help.

Brian
Cool, I have never used this before and my car works pretty damn good. I bet how would be after everything being perfectly straight and Aligned. I also baught a Caliper this weekend Lol for more fine tuning(especially shocks)
Old 05-13-2004, 01:26 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The above ideas and information is great. As far as balancing the front bar, and not drilling, you can goto your local Wal-Mart in the automotive section and find aluminum tape made by 3M. For 4$ you have the exact same stuff they made the little dots out of for the tweak station. Then you have TONS of aluminum tape left over for your wheel balancing needs. I myself was unhappy the front bar wasnt drill balanced, and it was left up to me to fine tune it, but i have noticed, even after balancing the rest of the unit, the front bar is rarely centered. Being able to add and subtract small amounts of the aluminum tape help ALOT. To me, this is the often overlooked tool that is SOO necessary for a good handling TC.

- DaveW