R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-07-2004, 09:43 PM   #31
Tech Master

To me it sounds like great customer service all around. Its a shame that it happened and Im glad it was you and not me. Sorry. I have a note permanently on both me entrances that states for them not to leave packages. I hope it works out for you good luck.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:35 PM   #32
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by TexRacer
Jeff your post says your from la la land.I couldnt have said it better.Comparing 2 companies or NOT you have to be a TOTAL moron if you think CE should just recomp you on this.If you own a Buisness and ship ANYTHING isnt it YOUR FAULT that you didnt ask for this stuff to be signed for?
I blame you for being a MORON for so called being ALL knowing but didnt request signature and then a MORON for saying you wont do buisness with CE because they didnt comp you on something they had NOOOOOOOOOOOO I mean NONE WHATSOEVER control over.Dont be a dumbass this post was simply uncalled for from the beginning.What a whinner.Gezzzz.
I posted this to share my experience with others who might also do business with these two companies. I must say again I did not think it was CE's fault that the shipment was stolen. However, Tower went above and beyond to help a customer, people ought to know that.

I don't know where you live or if you ever bought stuff online but generally thing were shipped to you and left at your door if you choose standard shipping. Go on CE's web site and tell me where is an option to request signature. Can't find it? That's because it's not there. Get your facts straight.

As for the name calling, it is uncalled for and does not bring anything to the thread. You are entitled to your opinion but I sure wish you can do it with some class.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 12:33 AM   #33
Tech Addict

Well, interesting thread. I hope that all that have read this saga learn something from it.

1. Read the "fine print". Ya know, all of those diclaimers and the legal-speak (if any...)
2. Ask questions. Be informed of all of the policies and procedures of the seller, carrier ect.

I work for a company that sells all sorts of different goods and part of our sales agreement for every transaction outlines our responsibilities, our agents' (or the third party shipper) and the customers' responsibilities. We still have claims for shipments that are handled improperly (lost, delivered incorectly, damaged by act-of-God...you name it we've had a claim for it). But at least all parties involved know where they stand.

While I'm not taking any sides here... the consumer should always remeber: Caveat emptor let the buyer beware !
buddhatechraceservices @ gmail . com
BuddhaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 12:44 AM   #34
Tech Regular

I guess you could look at CE and Tower in two different lights. One operates on a small scale the other on a bigger scale. With what CE did, it really wasn't wrong. If it happened to me I would not be happy because my hard earned $$ would hang temporairly/permanently in limbo. I lost/left my plastic sponsor years ago. I am sure other companies like Novak, Tekin or Integy would do the same thing as CE.

I don't think the name calling is necessary even if he is from La La Land. By doing this it just shows who the children are on this thread and that it is probably past their bedtime...

I do think this thread would benifit Tower more than CE. Although if CE would reduce their size of their 35 or upgrade my Linear TurboCharger maybe I might show more sympathy for them...

Coop
gcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 05:07 AM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Just buy from your local racetrack next time and support them for giving you a place to race. Tower does not provide you with a racetrack. Buying from your local track also reduces the chance of you having to "plead" for free merchandise. And why would you buy stuff online to be delivered to your home while you were on a business trip? Don't you have freinds or family or your company that it could have been shipped to and be acccepted and signed for?
Scrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:26 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Jeff did you really say the word class with a post like you posted?
Are you kidding me?
Im sorry man I deal with STUPID people on a daily basis in all walks of life and it just gets old everyonce in a while and your post was one of those while's.
I see your post and after spreading it out over 2 pages you maybe should have worded it different is all.You can see by the MANY post after yours that the same opinion was thought about your post.

P.S.I didnt post the original post someone else was on my name playing.But after it was brought to my attention I had to post. I wont back down from what was said due to thinking alot of it was right.Personally I would have maybe left the names out or maybe not.
I hope you get this resolved and get your stuff but you DID however show negativity towards a company that DID what they could do.You highlighted a problem which is NOT in their hands.
Kinda sad you would intentionally hurt someone's buisness name because they wont GIVE you something.Thats sad.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:15 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Both UPS and USPS have the same policy regarding lost shipments, even ones stolen from your doorstep. The SHIPPER must file the claim.....

Personally, I think CE should send out a replacement, since there is a police report verifying the customer did not recieve his goods......I am not saying they are a horrible company for not, I just think the situation warrants it.

I know its what I would do in such an instance.....

I did have a similar issue with two speed controls from schumacher....I had them overnighted and never got them. Schumacher immediately sent out two replacements overnight and settled the issue with UPS.....

Later EddieO
Old 05-08-2004, 11:36 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TexRacer
Jeff did you really say the word class with a post like you posted?
Are you kidding me?
Im sorry man I deal with STUPID people on a daily basis in all walks of life and it just gets old everyonce in a while and your post was one of those while's.
I see your post and after spreading it out over 2 pages you maybe should have worded it different is all.You can see by the MANY post after yours that the same opinion was thought about your post.

P.S.I didnt post the original post someone else was on my name playing.But after it was brought to my attention I had to post. I wont back down from what was said due to thinking alot of it was right.Personally I would have maybe left the names out or maybe not.
I hope you get this resolved and get your stuff but you DID however show negativity towards a company that DID what they could do.You highlighted a problem which is NOT in their hands.
Kinda sad you would intentionally hurt someone's buisness name because they wont GIVE you something.Thats sad.
What I originally posted were FACTS. It was as it happend and nothing embellished. Readers can draw their own conclusions and disagree with how I FEEL about the FACTS. Many disagreed but many agreed too. Think about it, Mr. Quick-to-call-people-stupid, how could stating FACTS be construed as intentionally hurting someone's business?

Look at this in a different light. This post could be about how good Tower Hobbies was in dealing with a customer problem. After all, if you read my original post you will see that is how I ended it. Is the glass half empty or half full?

You can be loyal to a company because they put out good products but there is no need to extend your loyalty to their customer service. Perhaps CE was fair but they could've done better than fair. If you care about your company you should demand better. If you expect mediocrity you will often get it.

Okay peep, this has gone on further than intended. No need to go on the same points over and over again. I got my stuff back from the Glendale PD and the thieves (a couple by the way, modern day Bonnie and Clyde) got 8 counts of felony charged against them. They will be gone for awhile. Whatever your position might be on what happened, thanks for caring and your well wishes.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 11:59 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Default A Tale of Two Companies

Guys;

With a large company like 'Tower', replacing a lost/stolen order is most likely a drop in the bucket in the overall scheme of things.

Someone like 'CE', has a MUCH smaller operating budget and a few too many "lost/stolen" orders on the books, could be the difference between surviving and closing the doors.

Customer satisfaction is #1, but NOT at the expense of profits.

Jeffery;

I would file claims with ALL parties involved. The Seller, shipper and your local PD who have the goods. It may take some time, but at least you should eventually have some kind of resolution.

Steven
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:33 PM   #40
Tech Adept

The products are not technically missing at this point and you can't really file an insurance claim against USPS or UPS just yet. I think the police should let you take a look at the products, you need to at least know if the parts are still in new condition. If not, you should have the shipper proceed with an insurance claim.

Who did wrong? The thieves are obviously wrong but they do exist and we just have to deal with it. I would also like to point out that this is not a hotel A vs hotel B ,which one has better service, situation here. It's not that simple, you can to put everything in prospective and consider the product and pricing too. The reason you bought the power supply from CE is probably because you like their products, the features and the price fit your budget. Tower offers power supplies as well but they don't have the same exact model available. The bottom line is tower doesn't have a better power supply at lower price and that's the exact reason why you ordered from CE. You may not like the way how CE treat you at this moment but are you going to use a duratrax charger/power supply instead of a CE charger/power supply? I know you will buy from Tower again but I don't think you would use a duratrax power supply.
RickyIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:45 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ottoman
CE offered to work with you... how can you say that is poor service You could have a new power supply in a day and a refund on the returned one as soon as you sent the stolen one back... sounds like a good deal to me..... what am I missing here?
Well spoken.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:47 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
I still don't get it. Someone steals your package and it's CE's fault???
Another good point.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:48 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
The bottom line for any mail order business: once the product is confirmed delivered by the carrier, it is out of their hands. I can see giving Tower props for re-shipping the order but I can't see casting CE in a negative light over this.

Among other things, Tower probably does 50 million in sales in a year. I'd be surprised if CE does even 1 (I can get real figures on LexisNexis but I won't post them...). So of course it is easier for Tower to say "whatever" in order to keep a customer.
True.
Old 05-09-2004, 12:16 AM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

UPS nor USPS will allow anyone other than the shipper to file a claim for a missing package.....trust me, I have tried numerous times.....it really complicates stuff.

Later EddieO
Old 05-09-2004, 08:27 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Eddie I dont think your getting it either.It's stolen but it's been RECOVERED.You CAN NOT file a claim on recovered goods.If they had been stolen and NEVER found then Yes he could get new stuff but in this WEIRD circumstance he cannot.He actually would have been better off claiming it stolen and NOT showing them the police report.But to show negative light on a company that is simply following the rules that 90% of the industry follows was just a BAD POST and unneeded POST from the beginning.
CE is a great company and offered to work with him.If he wanted to "COMPARE" companies he could have done it with ALOT more taste than to show such negativism towards CE.Im sure they appreciate this after trying to work with you.
To me it's makes someone look like quite the arse.