R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-07-2004, 01:51 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by gcooper
I don't look at Tower for being in a bad business practice. Jeff had a police report to back him up.

Not every shmo that calls Tower to say their delivery is missing will have that to back them up. If missing product calls started being a regular practice, Tower does keep records. I think it shows that Tower is willing to work with him, CE is not. Plain and simple.

Usually the companies that don't want to work with me, or even treat me badly, I will take my business elsewhere. This only shows why Tower is #1 (or should be) in the selling of hobby stuff.

Coop
I fail to see how CE is the bad guy here. They didn't treat the guy poorly, they're in business to make money and this event is unfortunate but out of their hands.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:53 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
I fail to see how CE is the bad guy here. They didn't treat the guy poorly, they're in business to make money and this event is unfortunate but out of their hands.
Well said!
Hardriven RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:58 PM   #18
Tech Master

Basically, you paid for it and do not have it right. Both the shipper and the seller are responsible. You paid your money and do not have a product. Some would call that fraud.
wagonman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:02 PM   #19
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardriven RC
BTW, Nice of you to post Towers policy here. Now they will be flooded with claims for the comming days/weeks.

Question for you: Do you work for a company or own your own company? Ask yourself what would happen if all your customers started asking free replacements for items stolen from them. How many cars are stolen everyday in the US or Europe? Imagine every stolen car being replaced by the manufacturers. How much would our cars cost to keep them in bussiness? And do you blame the manufacturer or the dealership for your car being stolen?
No offence, but get real!!!

First one to blame is the thief!
Second one to blame is the dellivery person!

Now the stupid list;

1. Tower hobbies for sending you the free stuff when they are NOT at fault (bad bussiness)
I do own my company. If I do not provide good customer service my competitors will take my business in a flash.

You may not understand how things are done here in the US. Consumers pay a premium for products and expect good service. RC item purchased in the US can usually be bought in Hong Kong for 30% less because shops in Hong Kong can survive on 10-20% margin, but you will have a hard time getting them to accept returns and exchanges etc., thing we do take for granted here in the US.

How stupid is Tower Hobbies? I will keep buying stuff from them--probably give them more business than before because of this. Think about that.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:04 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by wagonman72
Basically, you paid for it and do not have it right. Both the shipper and the seller are responsible. You paid your money and do not have a product. Some would call that fraud.
THEFT is what it is called! How can you blame the seller? When it leaves their factory/shop/storage it is out of their hands! Blame the dellivery guy! NEVER LEAVE THINGS UNATENDED!!!!!
Hardriven RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:05 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
You need to see the context of my post. It's about comparing 2 companies' business practice in a identical situation. CE is not bad per se but pales in comparison to Tower Hobbies.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:34 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
You need to see the context of my post. It's about comparing 2 companies' business practice in a identical situation. CE is not bad per se but pales in comparison to Tower Hobbies.
Not quite identical, Tower will have a better chance at getting a claim processed with the USPS than will CE have on getting one processed through UPS. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:48 PM   #23
Tech Elite

I still don't get it. Someone steals your package and it's CE's fault???
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:21 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

CE offered to work with you... how can you say that is poor service You could have a new power supply in a day and a refund on the returned one as soon as you sent the stolen one back... sounds like a good deal to me..... what am I missing here?
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:25 PM   #25
Tech Addict

you know what....I BLAME the scumbags that stole the stuff in the first place.

i work for a company that, in part, sells computers and computer supplies. when a claim is made that something is stolen, the customer files a claim with their insurance, they don't ask us for free replacements (in the hopes we get the non-resellable product back).

most people in the US can have something safely delivered to their homes and it remain on the doorstep. i would also think most people actually want this, as part of the benefit of mail order is conveinance of delivery to your doorstep. if you happen to live in an area that is prone to crime, you probably should be aware of issues like this and request a signature/hold on packages you have delivered.

in the end, you have the story of a company with common/normal customer service (CE) and one of exceptional customer service (tower). like the original poster said, tale of two businesses.

on a similar note, when i got my gfx it would not turn on (initial failure new from box). i called, and had to send it in for repair, and wait to get it back. sure i would have liked to have another immediately overnighted to me, but the policy was repair/wait. a week and a half later, i had my working gfx back. personally i think this more warranted immediate replacement, but i'm not going to biach about it because that's their policy.
gee-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:59 PM   #26
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I had a package either not delivered or stolen from my apartment vestibule. I contacted Integy, who sent the package. They made a claim with FedEx ground, and sent another package. I would ask CE to file a claim w/UPS. Not to metion, ups has a policy of not driver releasing items over a certain dollar value....they really shouldn't have left it there.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:19 PM   #27
Tech Master

Well let me put this into a different format:

Competition Electronics ships your order via UPS...They ship the product that you paid them for and you paid for shipping via UPS

The product was delivered to your door via UPS...Errors: CE shipping via UPS, You paid for UPS for shipping and handling but did they "handle"...the hell they didn't

Its UPS's fault for not forfilling their "handling" duties yet why the hell would they be expecting some crook to come up & steal the package...Bottom line: They shoud have, didn't and it happened

People at Fault: UPS, Theives
Middle men in this: Competition Electronics: they have to make a profit, if they are out a power supply, and you asked for it, you must pay for it.....plus, were they expecting UPS NOT to forfil their agreement? (i agree UPS sucks, slow and stupid) (USPS is generally better, the mailmen deliver mail to you everyday and usually get to know you a bit & care for your stuff better)

You: You paid for something and you didn't get it...that sucks

Poilice are just doing their job....hopefully you get your stuff back soon

Your just expecting kindness from people who wouldn't mind being nice guys but simply can't afford it
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:36 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Jeff your post says your from la la land.I couldnt have said it better.Comparing 2 companies or NOT you have to be a TOTAL moron if you think CE should just recomp you on this.If you own a Buisness and ship ANYTHING isnt it YOUR FAULT that you didnt ask for this stuff to be signed for?
I blame you for being a MORON for so called being ALL knowing but didnt request signature and then a MORON for saying you wont do buisness with CE because they didnt comp you on something they had NOOOOOOOOOOOO I mean NONE WHATSOEVER control over.Dont be a dumbass this post was simply uncalled for from the beginning.What a whinner.Gezzzz.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:45 PM   #29
Tech Master

Tex, The second I saw your S/N on the newest reply list I knew someone was gonna get chewed out
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:09 PM   #30
R/C Tech Founder

The bottom line for any mail order business: once the product is confirmed delivered by the carrier, it is out of their hands. I can see giving Tower props for re-shipping the order but I can't see casting CE in a negative light over this.

Among other things, Tower probably does 50 million in sales in a year. I'd be surprised if CE does even 1 (I can get real figures on LexisNexis but I won't post them...). So of course it is easier for Tower to say "whatever" in order to keep a customer.