Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 07:16 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by losi-sw
are people still running this car....reason for asking is im getting one for free and wanted to know if can still compete with the latest TC's
thanks
I run it. Does pretty well.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nemisis
can anybody tell me wat would be a good spur to run in the losi on a tight track with a 27 turn stock motor in
Ran 32/128 on a 55mm foam.....car was still able to race against the current carbon fiber chassis.....the best part is, I don't have to worry about adding weight cause this car is over weight...

This car is plenty fast.....the reason I keeping her is this is a GREAT outdoor car, using her to run stock brushless to 3.5 brushless with Li-po and NEVER need to worry abotu chassis will get scratch or chip the carbon fiber, cause it will not happen on this car, car is a TANK.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default SADDLE??

Hey, can anyone tell me if the xxx-s will accept saddle battery packs? Thanks in advance
Old 02-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yeah it will fit both saddle and stick packs but you might find it to be a tight fit to get the batteries down using the standard posts and strap thing unless you use tape.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

The Losi XXX-S is designed for 6-cell stick packs or 6-cell side-by-side packs. The chassis can accommodate up to 7 cells and you could use saddle packs as long as placed them side-by-side. Same setup as the TC3. If you want to use 3-cells per side then you are SOL.

Originally Posted by rcstunt101
Hey, can anyone tell me if the xxx-s will accept saddle battery packs? Thanks in advance
Old 02-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

You can do a little filling to the chassis and mostly to the battery strap and get a nice tight fit with the newer slightly bigger batteries.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm looking at doing the XXX-S to "XXX-R" conversion (rally car), but I can't find a set of 4 rally weapon shocks/springs. Anyone have ideas where I can find some? I made a thread in the WTB forum: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=150222

Thanks
Old 02-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Would the front shocks from the xxx4 be a good alternate?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

Need some help with my front diff.

I'm running the stock standard XXX-S RTR II and took apart the front diff this morning as it kept coming loose. I quickly found cause of it loosening up all the time (have been running it very tight and had actually crushed one of the thrust washers and foam diff seal to peices).

However, I also found that the other side of the diff was different to the instructions. The instructions show a diff coil spring and #4 washer that is held in place by the diff nut/carrier. But my diff only had a whole series of conical shaped plastic washers in place of spring and washer.

Is this normal, or should I buy a new set of coil spring and washer to replace the plastical conical ones (to bring it back to assembly as detailed in instructions)
Old 02-28-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default help guys

what pinion and spur to run with a 540 motor please
how do u adjust or set the diffs
thanks
minnesh
Old 03-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Doesn't look like there are that many ppl running the XXX-S anymore....

As for gear ratos for 540 (standard Tamiya/Johnson silver can motor), it depends on your track. So best to check with other racers at your club.

The track that I race at is the size of a tennis court and has some fairly tight technical sections, with one long straight and sweeper. I'm currently running a 34 tooth pinion (from RW) with the standard 88tooth spur. But motor does get very hot (about 140degrees celcius) even with a 3racing heat sink and fan.

In terms of adjusting the diffs, there should have been an instruction sheet which came with the kit. But basically you need put one of the hex wrenches into the right outdrive to lock it diff screw in place and then turn the other outdrive. Its kind of hard explaining so go to http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSA0285 and click on the Getting Started to download the instructions on the diffs if you didn't get them with the kit.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Think I've got the problem solved. Looks like I got the XXX-4 (off-road version of the XXX-S) assembly of the diff rather than the normal XXX-S assembly. So will leave as is

Originally Posted by koinonas
Need some help with my front diff.

I'm running the stock standard XXX-S RTR II and took apart the front diff this morning as it kept coming loose. I quickly found cause of it loosening up all the time (have been running it very tight and had actually crushed one of the thrust washers and foam diff seal to peices).

However, I also found that the other side of the diff was different to the instructions. The instructions show a diff coil spring and #4 washer that is held in place by the diff nut/carrier. But my diff only had a whole series of conical shaped plastic washers in place of spring and washer.

Is this normal, or should I buy a new set of coil spring and washer to replace the plastical conical ones (to bring it back to assembly as detailed in instructions)
Old 03-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

You can also go to the Losi website and d/l the instruction manuel exactly for the XXX-S. Ive raced the this car for many years and absolutely loved it. Easy to work on, and easy to set up. So just pm me if u need some help with something.

Chris
Old 03-03-2007, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey koinonas if your car is pulling 140degrees celcius i think you might want to change you ratio.

i run 86spur with 38 pinion which is 4.14 FNR and my temp runs to maybe 45 degress C thats with a fan and heat sink with oiled bushings and thats on a 36 degree day
Old 03-03-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

45degrees? What type of track do you run on (is it a big open one, or tight technical one). And are you running the graphite chassis or the RTR plastic one (think my RTR setup weights about 1700g)

Struggling on the motor temps at the moment. Want to gear it for lower FDR, to keep up with the other guys, but motor seems to get real hot. The little 3Racing fan has started to die (which is probably contributing to high temps) so will probably replace that as well when I get the new diff parts in.

Have to admit, I've also struggled a bit with the drivetrain, and have only recently got it spinning reasonably freely (have oiled bearings, running belt looser and got the gear mesh right now). I did have to change the main diff bearings as I could never get the rubber shielded ones that came with the kit spinning freely (with the shields in). But it still doesn't roll as easily as the old ball raced TT01 (though does handle much better).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.