Losi XXX-S

Old 03-06-2005, 06:36 PM
  #12976  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toowoomba AUS
Posts: 8
Default Tyres and setup for very slick track?

Hi,
We oval race on a painted concrete floor (skating rink). Itís very slippery. What tyres would be best? We have only just started and are still trying to work out what works (most are using treaded rubber). Also any setup for really slick tracks would be great.
Thanks Eddie
Electraflyit is offline  
Old 03-06-2005, 06:42 PM
  #12977  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: Tyres and setup for very slick track?

Originally posted by Electraflyit
Hi,
We oval race on a painted concrete floor (skating rink). Itís very slippery. What tyres would be best? We have only just started and are still trying to work out what works (most are using treaded rubber). Also any setup for really slick tracks would be great.
Thanks Eddie
I was in Penicuik, Scotland last month to see the locals racing on a high school gym's wood floor...very slippery. They used Schumacher MiniPin Yellow tires which are for off-road.

Soft, soft, soft is my only suggestion.
Still Bill is offline  
Old 03-08-2005, 08:52 PM
  #12978  
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Do any of you guys remember the part number for that Losi lexan XXXS front bumper brace? I have a newbie in need and I cannot find it on the website. Thanks

Brant
POOKYT is offline  
Old 03-08-2005, 09:28 PM
  #12979  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by POOKYT
Do any of you guys remember the part number for that Losi lexan XXXS front bumper brace? I have a newbie in need and I cannot find it on the website. Thanks

Brant
Brant,

I have a new one sitting here; but, it's out the packaging.

Looked on the Losi site and don't see it anymore. Maybe discontinued.

As far as I am concerned, the wide lexan BRP bumper for the XXX-S is far more important than the Losi lexan brace. Just my 2 cents.
Still Bill is offline  
Old 03-08-2005, 09:49 PM
  #12980  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,116
Default

Bobby when is the new ride coming out... Are ypu going to the worlds in Italy??????
rangulo is offline  
Old 03-08-2005, 09:52 PM
  #12981  
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Originally posted by JRX-S Bill
Brant,

I have a new one sitting here; but, it's out the packaging.

Looked on the Losi site and don't see it anymore. Maybe discontinued.

As far as I am concerned, the wide lexan BRP bumper for the XXX-S is far more important than the Losi lexan brace. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks Bill--I agree with you. But, I have a new kid with a RTR and I am putting every brace known to Losi and then some on this kids car so he can stay up and running. I have the BRP bumper and the G+ upper piece plus I may just cut him one of the lexan ones or cut it out of aluminum. Thanks for your help.

Brant
POOKYT is offline  
Old 03-08-2005, 09:54 PM
  #12982  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
RKeasler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Posts: 1,003
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

How do you get neg 2 degrees of kickup in the front
RKeasler is offline  
Old 03-08-2005, 10:06 PM
  #12983  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by POOKYT
Thanks Bill--I agree with you. But, I have a new kid with a RTR and I am putting every brace known to Losi and then some on this kids car so he can stay up and running. I have the BRP bumper and the G+ upper piece plus I may just cut him one of the lexan ones or cut it out of aluminum. Thanks for your help.

Brant
Yep, in my rookie days, I probably broke more of those Losi lexan braces than anything else on the car. Oops! Forgot about my collection of broken rear hubs.

I wonder if drilling two holes in the standard upper plastic brace and dropping in two screws is a viable option to the lexan brace.

Bill
Still Bill is offline  
Old 03-08-2005, 10:57 PM
  #12984  
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

AAAHHH--Yes and no. It will pull the posts back a little to get the holes in it. I think we will be ok with the BRP and the G+ with a lexan upper piece. I was just going to order one and be lazy . I can cut one out no problem. Thanks for the help.

Brant
POOKYT is offline  
Old 03-08-2005, 11:22 PM
  #12985  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Greece
Posts: 224
Default

Originally posted by POOKYT
Do any of you guys remember the part number for that Losi lexan XXXS front bumper brace? I have a newbie in need and I cannot find it on the website. Thanks

Brant
Thats the one

LOS4245
XXX-S Front BODY BRACE with hardware

Cheers
aantonis is offline  
Old 03-09-2005, 06:48 AM
  #12986  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Wow! We had to get the answer from Greece.

Good job Antonis
Still Bill is offline  
Old 03-09-2005, 08:39 AM
  #12987  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Greece
Posts: 224
Default

Bill,

I am a noob to electrics too. I was told to get this by my pro friends. I just received mine from stormer a week ago, that's how I knew.
aantonis is offline  
Old 03-09-2005, 12:53 PM
  #12988  
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Thank You Antonis. I was feeling lazy about having to build one. Now we can just order it. Thnaks for the help guys

Brant
POOKYT is offline  
Old 03-09-2005, 01:45 PM
  #12989  
Tech Adept
 
STAN STICKLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HARRISBURG AR
Posts: 231
Default

Building one for somebody?Looks like this is what we'll be running!Of course I still have mine.
STAN STICKLER is offline  
Old 03-09-2005, 02:29 PM
  #12990  
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Originally posted by STAN STICKLER
Building one for somebody?Looks like this is what we'll be running!Of course I still have mine.
Naw man I got this young kid just starting out this Sunday and I want to get his ride as bullet proof as possible. Stan, I am going to test and tune Sunday with no car to help out all the new guys tune their rides. LMAO I guess that includes you!

Brant
POOKYT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.