Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by losispeed
Hey Lazy, whats the point of running AE hex hubs on the Losi?
They are wider than standard and give you a wider track. Takes the width of the XXX-S from about 185mm to just shy of 190mm.

Have to use the low profile wheel nuts with them to make sure that you get some plastic locking material on the threads of the stub axle. Or using the slightly longer AE stub axles is an alternative option.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm not lazyboy, but most of the time people use it to make the car wider.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Niftech for my XXX-S

Can anyone provide any input about Niftech diffs and dogbones?

Seems kind of expensive; but, their potential looks good.

Thanks.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Aluminum outdrives seem to get a lot of slop in them pretty quickly. I do know that Niftech stuff in general is ultra high quality though, and I am sure that those products are as well, so you'll propably have very little slop to start out with to prolong their life.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info Bill. I figure if I screw up badly I'll just get me some new ones. right? The move happens in one week. I'm a far way from getting everything ready. Guess I'm a last minuter eh? But the local track will be in town. And with my new Schedule being off every other saturday, (Sweet!) I should be able to make this car a carpet killer. Even have the Dremel for the chassis if I'm so inclined.
As much as I modified my YZ, don't be surprised to see this car be a shell of it's former self too. I just need to get to that track and practice, adjust, practice, adjust, and practice more.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Hello, I was wondering if the aluminum steering makes a big difference. I think someone said it removes slop. I looked at speedtech’s and the Matt Francis version and also wondered if one was better than the other. Thanks
Old 07-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

I personally have tried both and still like the plastic ones better.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by JohnMatrix
I personally have tried both and still like the plastic ones better.
Interesting, Thanks

Does Losi have a spring set or do you have to buy them seperate. If they do does anyone know the part#
Old 07-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Formula1fan
Hello, I was wondering if the aluminum steering makes a big difference. I think someone said it removes slop. I looked at speedtech’s and the Matt Francis version and also wondered if one was better than the other. Thanks
The alum. steering rack is a waste of money I think. It doesn't really remove any slop. The speedtech and MF versions are pretty much the same spec except one is anodized and the other isn't. Losi does not sell a spring kit, you need to purchase them all separate. There is a list on their website. http://www.teamlosi.com/techtips/spring_chart.htm
Old 07-20-2004, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by James Nguyen
The alum. steering rack is a waste of money I think. It doesn't really remove any slop. The speedtech and MF versions are pretty much the same spec except one is anodized and the other isn't. Losi does not sell a spring kit, you need to purchase them all separate. There is a list on their website. http://www.teamlosi.com/techtips/spring_chart.htm
Good lookin' out! More money for motors
Old 07-20-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

I agree on the aluminum steering, dont get the bell cranks but the drag link might be worth the money. I say this because I've modified my steering to have a ball stud in the center of the draglink so I can use a turnbuckle to center my assembly instead of popping the ball stud to adjust. But the bell cranks suck, if you hit something even moderately hard they will bend. You can bend them back but that just fatigues the metal so the wind from a passing bug will bend them again. The plastic ones will give before they break altogether and once they do break they're a lot less expensive to replace.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

You also don't have to worry about the screws that connect the bell cranks and drag link unscrewing themselves if you use the plastic bell cranks.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by mwcet8k
You also don't have to worry about the screws that connect the bell cranks and drag link unscrewing themselves if you use the plastic bell cranks.
LOL ...that happened to me last week at the nats ...that and I tore the link that goes between the 2 bellcranks in half ...no idea how!!
Old 07-20-2004, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

You tore apart the drag link?!!! Impressive!!
Old 07-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by HarshGuy
LOL ...that happened to me last week at the nats ...that and I tore the link that goes between the 2 bellcranks in half ...no idea how!!
Rookie...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.