Losi XXX-S

Reply

Old 06-30-2004, 11:44 PM
  #11386  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,327
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by kevin2
for 2mm of droop on a ride height gauge about how many limiters do you want in the shock?
For a definitive answer to your question, you would need to indicate which low/mid/high inner pivot supports (low, mid or high) and how you mounted the front (0F/4F or 2F) and rear (0R/4R or 2R) outer blocks for both ends of the car.

Good news is that after you play with the inside shock limiters a few times, it becomes pretty obvious as to what to use for your various setups. FYI...Low roll center setups tend to use about half the inner spacers of a high roll center setup.

You also have about 2+ full turns of the ball cups on the shock shafts to play with for fine tuning. So if you get into the right zone with the spacers, you should be able to adjust the droop from 2-5mm without having to open the shocks change the spacers

If you cut the LOSA5050 shock spacers into a "C" shape (using a Dremel or plastic snippers), it makes the process of inserting and removing them WAAAAAAAAAAAY EASIER.


Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 06-30-2004 at 11:55 PM.
Still Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:56 PM
  #11387  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,327
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by JohnMatrix
If it was not for this thread I would be driving backwards still.
Wasn't that you driving backwards on Saturday???

he, he...

You can vindicate yourself this Saturday.
Still Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:02 AM
  #11388  
Tech Addict
 
JohnMatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Newark, CA
Posts: 608
Default

thats what the B in B main stands for. LOL
JohnMatrix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:54 AM
  #11389  
Tech Master
 
lazyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Franklin,WI
Posts: 1,536
Default

Originally posted by JohnMatrix
thats what the B in B main stands for. LOL

i thought it ment balistic?? or is that for the A-main only
lazyboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:10 AM
  #11390  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Nebraska USA
Posts: 615
Default Thank you...

James. That is all I needed.
Nightbreed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:02 PM
  #11391  
Tech Regular
 
mwcet8k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 266
Default Mounting a Novak GT7

Just wondering how those of you running a GT7 in your xxxs mount the capacitor. There's not enough room to mount it on the side of the ESC, so where do you put it?

I'm torn between buying the GT7 or the LRP QC2.
mwcet8k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:14 PM
  #11392  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Kind of hard to see because of the black case, but there's plenty of room to mount the capacitor on the side. Just mount the switch on top.

Last edited by Jon Kerr; 06-07-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Jon Kerr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:15 PM
  #11393  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,702
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

I mount it behind the motor, I have the capacitor mounted on one end and the switch on the other with no problems. I have also had the same setup in front of the motor.
Randy Caster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:13 PM
  #11394  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 316
Default

STLNFRST are you Jeff M. from Sac. area? C.J. and I met you at Reedy this year.

Charles
Charles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:43 PM
  #11395  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,702
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Just took some new pics of my sedan with the Tamiya shocks.
Attached Thumbnails Losi XXX-S-dscn1747.jpg  
Randy Caster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:44 PM
  #11396  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,702
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

.
Attached Thumbnails Losi XXX-S-dscn1748.jpg  
Randy Caster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 02:44 PM
  #11397  
Tech Addict
 
JohnMatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Newark, CA
Posts: 608
Default

Hey Randy,

I heard you picked up an Xray, how do you like it?


Nick
JohnMatrix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 02:50 PM
  #11398  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by JohnMatrix
Hey Randy,

I heard you picked up an Xray, how do you like it?


Nick
First I've heard of this. Care to explain Mr. Caster?
Jon Kerr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 04:07 PM
  #11399  
Tech Adept
 
kevin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Kenosha,WI
Posts: 141
Default

Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
For a definitive answer to your question, you would need to indicate which low/mid/high inner pivot supports (low, mid or high) and how you mounted the front (0F/4F or 2F) and rear (0R/4R or 2R) outer blocks for both ends of the car.

Good news is that after you play with the inside shock limiters a few times, it becomes pretty obvious as to what to use for your various setups. FYI...Low roll center setups tend to use about half the inner spacers of a high roll center setup.

You also have about 2+ full turns of the ball cups on the shock shafts to play with for fine tuning. So if you get into the right zone with the spacers, you should be able to adjust the droop from 2-5mm without having to open the shocks change the spacers

If you cut the LOSA5050 shock spacers into a "C" shape (using a Dremel or plastic snippers), it makes the process of inserting and removing them WAAAAAAAAAAAY EASIER.

I think I got it right with the droop but when I set the ride height I have to crank down the shock collar all the way and it still is at 4.5mm so I moved the ball cups a little but then it wuz set at 2mm of droop in the front and 3 in the back.
kevin2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:31 PM
  #11400  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,327
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by kevin2
I think I got it right with the droop but when I set the ride height I have to crank down the shock collar all the way and it still is at 4.5mm so I moved the ball cups a little but then it wuz set at 2mm of droop in the front and 3 in the back.
Kewl!
Still Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service