Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 03-10-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Nice! Losi sweep. How was the punch coming out of the corners?
Old 03-10-2004, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

what is the difference in running the 6 degree castor blocks up front, instead of the stock ones??
Old 03-10-2004, 10:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by jkerr0043
Nice! Losi sweep. How was the punch coming out of the corners?
I like the car... running a D6 8x2 last night, so there was definately not a lack of power. I got another D6 ready for stockton this weekend, should have even more power
Old 03-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

If I'm not mistaken the stock blocks are 4º blocks. Running 6º you'll gain high speed steering but loose a little lowspeed.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default motor help

my friend and i were racing our triple X-S and he has a 27 turn motor and i have a 19 turn motor, but he beat me. we were both using 2400 mAH batteries. however, his wires were soldered onto the motor itself whereas my motor has these clips that you can clip the wires on, does this make a difference? and how can i maximize the performance of the motor? thanks!
Old 03-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

There could be a hundred variables that made him faster than you. What 19 turn do you have and what stock motor did he have? Were his batteries newer? Was he geared higher than you? is your drive train binding, etc... Are you talking about in a straight line or on a track? If you're throwing in turns in there, then you've got a lot more things that can make him faster.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Or rather than worrying about all those things, cut the comm first off.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Josh, me, Steve in pro mod.
Randman,

Whoa! Sounds pretty good.

Hope to see you take on Matt Francis at Stockton this weekend. Good luck!
Old 03-10-2004, 07:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
Randman,

Whoa! Sounds pretty good.

Hope to see you take on Matt Francis at Stockton this weekend. Good luck!
I dont count on it... I was 8 seconds behind Matt last time in qualifying if I remember right, so he's definately faster up there.

I dumped 2 out of 3 races last night using my stock packs, so Dan is overnighting me some nice high runtime packs for the weekend
Old 03-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah, those stock pack have been trained at the higher charge rate probably didn't help. I'm going to start charging a little lower too to try and ensure some better run time.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

BTW Randy, I figured out why I kept burning brushes and going soft after 4 minutes at Norco in Mod. The D5 I was running was cut all the way down to .263". I knew I should have measured it. With those P94 brushes it was probably shorting the comm out the whole time.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If I'm not mistaken the stock blocks are 4º blocks. Running 6º you'll gain high speed steering but loose a little lowspeed.
The Graphite kit comes with 4 degree spindle carriers.

FYI...The RTR car came with 0 degree spindle carriers.

Somewhere buried in my Losi information, I understood that the standard front setup had something like 4 degrees of caster built into it (via "kickup" being the angle of the arms to the track surface); and, that the caster angle is cumulative. Therefore, adding a 4 degree carrier would take the total caster on the car to 8 degrees. Can't find that reference at this time though.

Per the XXX-S manual..."Reducing total caster will give less off power steering while giving more on power steering on exit. More caster will give greater steering into the turn but less power as you exit."

Otherwise, in my real race car days...Adding caster stabilized the car on the straights; however, the act of turning the car's wheels would slightly raise the roll center of the car and affected

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 03-10-2004 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RE: motor help

There could be a hundred variables that made him faster than you. What 19 turn do you have and what stock motor did he have? Were his batteries newer? Was he geared higher than you? is your drive train binding, etc... Are you talking about in a straight line or on a track? If you're throwing in turns in there, then you've got a lot more things that can make him faster.
well, we were racing an oval circuit and on the straightaways, he was a bit faster than me. we both have the xxx-s rtr cept he has the P2K2 and i have the original 19 turn motor that came with the car. his wires are soldered on the motor whereas mine are clipped and i dont know if this makes a difference, but besides the batteries, everything should be the same and i thot a 19 turn motor would be way faster than a 27 turn. wats even more ironic is that my car is a year newer than his, i bought it a couple months ago. does that mean its not broken in yet? is that why its a bit slow? thanks for the help
Old 03-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

The key isn't the wires. Most racers do hard wire their motors but in all honesty, you're not going to notice much if any difference. The most likely reason your friend is faster than you in a straight line is you're running the original motor, a basher motor, and he's running a P2K2 Competition stock motor. That motor is made for racing and the one you're running is not. Most racing stock motors are going to be faster than any RTR 19 turn. Now if you were running a competition 19 turn like a Trinity Chameleon (sp?) or a Reedy Quad 19 and he was faster, I'd say you had a problem with either the motor, i.e. needing a rebuild etc... or something binding in the car.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
The Graphite kit comes with 4 degree spindle carriers.

FYI...The RTR car came with 0 degree spindle carriers.

Somewhere buried in my Losi information, I understood that the standard front setup had something like 4 degrees of caster built into it; and, that the caster angle is cumulative. Therefore, adding a 4 degree carrier would take the total caster on the car to 8 degrees. Can't find that reference at this time though.

Per the XXX-S manual..."Reducing total caster will give less off power steering while giving more on power steering on exit. More caster will give greater steering into the turn but less power as you exit."

Otherwise, in my real race car days...Adding caster stabilized the car on the straights; however, the act of turning the car's wheels would slightly raise the roll center of the car and affected
I think what you're talking about is the kickup and the castor block being combined to give you total castor. If you're running the 4F mount in the front and have 4 degree blocks on it, you would have 8 degrees of castor total. I do think you're right though about the effect. I think I was thinking backwards. I don't mess with castor a lot so I seem to get it mixed up sometimes which way it effects the car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.