Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Fike

Keep in mind the "low" roll center blocks that come with the XXX-S Graphite car are actually "mid" roll center blocks. If you want the full "low" roll center blocks you would have to buy them from speed tech rc cuz I think Matt Francis quit making them.

The Full low roll center blocks are .150 shorter than the original XXX-S blocks and the Mid low roll center blocks are .075 shorter than the original XXX-S blocks.

racer-oZ
Old 02-16-2004, 02:52 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Fike

Originally posted by racer-oZ
Keep in mind the "low" roll center blocks that come with the XXX-S Graphite car are actually "mid" roll center blocks. If you want the full "low" roll center blocks you would have to buy them from speed tech rc cuz I think Matt Francis quit making them.

The Full low roll center blocks are .150 shorter than the original XXX-S blocks and the Mid low roll center blocks are .075 shorter than the original XXX-S blocks.

racer-oZ
Or cut your own
Old 02-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Fike

Originally posted by Poppa Ray
Yeah they're included.
Thanks, do know which parts bag their contain in? Never mind... I'm sure that I'll find them when I take the time to look for them.

E

R oZ,

Ok I understand that the mid lrc come with the kit... do you know if they are the sme ones that Hodge refers to in his setups?

thanks.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Fike- Todd just did a great XXX-S article in the March 2004 issue of R/C Car...check it out.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

fyi, you can still get the Matt Francis low roll center mounts.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Fike, I think their setup sheets usually list the mid roll center blocks, but sometimes they will list in the notes section of the setup sheets when the use the full low roll center blocks. The full low roll center blocks are usually too aggressive steering wise, you would want to shim them up a little to tone them down. I think that is why the kit comes with the mid roll center cuz it is the best of both worlds and a great starting point for most tracks.

Hope this helps! Maybe we'll see some of the XXX-S faithfuls from this thread at the Mod nats in Portland this summer. I enjoy keeping up with this thread.

racer-oZ
Old 02-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

racer-oZ

Thanks for advising us about the three different roll center blocks. I thought there were just two.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by pro3racer
thats might be hard to cut the plastic teeth, but it might help.
It was really easy actually, I just took the very small round cutting bit, the one shaped like a small sphere, for the dremel and went to town and cleaned up the areas next to the sides where the dremel couldn't reach with an Xacto. And then since I was at it I narrowed the belt some, to about a little more than half width. And when it was all back together it was nearly as free as any shaft car at our track. I haven't had a chance to try it out b/c I'm not a fan of foam tire carpet racing. I prefer to run outdoors on the asphalt with rubber tires. But I figured if some of the X-Ray/ Fantom team guys were doing it with their cars and running 7 and 8 turn motors, my 19T shouldn't have any issues.

Last edited by Bad-Andy; 02-17-2004 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hello:

I come here because Im considering building a XXS to try out. Im looking to get the G+ version, now I know about the cutting the the theeth on the belt to make it freeer, but can you guys guide me along as to what other tricks you guys are doing to the car. Also any parts that you guys would recomend that are not included in the kit. I was looking around and I see that there are spur gear adapters for the car they are sold as a 23t or 24t versions which one are you guys using? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Luis
Old 02-17-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Thanks, for the quick answers... I do have that article, and your right, it is very helpful.

Another question, when cutting teeth off the belt, does one only remove the lump of the teeth? Did that make since?

Thanks.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Puncho - No need for the spur gear adapter, the stock losi spurs work great, especially the Kevlar unit. Other parts that are worth getting are a one way(if you plan on running rubber, especially stock), the aluminum threaded shock collars from trinity(available in blue or red), the titanium nitride hinge pins from losi, and maybe a titanium screw kit......other than that, the rest is just tuning stuff that you can pick up later as needed.....probably would be wise to find the hot losi setup at your local track, so you pick up the stuff you need before you build it, as it may use different shock pistons, springs, hub carriers, or spindles.

Fike, just use some cuticle (spelling??) cutters and cut it flush with the space between the teeth already....take your time and remember you can ALWAYS cutoff more, but can't put it back on. Make sure you order the new belt system from your local hobby shop....easily worth the cash.

Later EddieO
Old 02-17-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

EddieO: thanks for the help

Im planing on racing on carpet , any specific parts that you know of that would help.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

I can't wait to get those new parts.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've never run on carpet but from what I've been told, sway bars and heavy springs.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Swaybars, anything over 25lb springs and the offset rear. I think that is about all the major stuff you need.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.